F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F**Enthusiast's 435i xDrive Mod Journal
proTUNING Freaks

06-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #1
613Bimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: One car with good steering ;)

Garage List
F**Enthusiast's 435i xDrive Mod Journal

Hi guys,

I've decided to start a mod journal for my 435i. I'll provide a bit of backstory on the car and keep everything up to date from this day on.

So, to begin, how is my 435i configured? It is Alpine White on Black Dakota with Burl Walnut Wood trim. It has the premium package, the executive package, ConnectedDrive services, Adaptive LED headlights, as well as the M Sport package (standard on Canadian 435s) as well as the M Performance 1 and 2 packages. For those not in Canada, a basic breakdown of those packages is as follows :
M Performance 1 : VSS, High Speed Maximum with High Performance Summer Tires (if not already equipped), Bicolour Orbit Grey 442m wheels, Adaptive M Suspension and the M Sport Brakes.
M Performance 2 : The MPPK and the MPE

My car was pretty much fully optioned, the only thing it lacked was Active Cruise Control (which I didn't want since it clutters the front bumper), Blind-Spot Detection (Not available on the Canadian 435i to this day ) and headlight washers (WHY THE HELL DOESN'T BMW HAVE THESE FOR CANADIAN F3xs?!?!).

Now, there is an interesting backstory to the car itself. It was bought through my dealer from BMW Corporate HQ in Toronto, where it had been used as a show car/demo car, apparently, which put ~400kms on it. It was built in October of 2013. However, it still had never been registered/plated so it was technically a brand new car. I managed to get the car at a significantly reduced price from the dealer, a price that would be considered low for a CPO. Since this car is an older build, there are some interesting options that this car has which are no longer available from BMW. The two main options are the fact that it has Burl Walnut trim even though it's an M Sport and, the fact that it has the full silver 442m wheels instead of the bicolour ones. BMW changed it so that if you have M Sport brakes, you'll get the bicolour wheels to hide the infamous brake dust that you'll get.

Here are some pictures I took with my phone the night I took delivery this past winter (it had 18" tirerack wheels with Sottozeros on it for the winter)

After a while, I got hit by the mod bug. The only modifications I've made so far are purely cosmetic but, I still think they make the car look great and stand out (especially since I've seen too many other 435is popping up around here). The first mod that I did was install, or rather have my dealer install gloss black grilles. I was really lucky since the chrome kidney grilles were bubbling and the dealer managed to replace them with the gloss black ones instead, free of charge.

The next mods that were done to the car were completed very recently. I had the roof and mirror caps wrapped gloss black, had the windows tinted 35% and had the M Performance side sill decals (in matte black) installed. I got the decal off of EBay for 45 bucks shipped (I can provide the link through PM if you wish), and the quality seems pretty good so far. Here are some pics :

As you can tell by the image, I left the shark fin un-wrapped. I'm still not sure about whether I should go back and get it wrapped in gloss black as well. Any thoughts?
Otherwise, I'm extremely happy with the way the car turned out. I'm still not done with the mods though. I'm going to be doing everything one step at a time, incrementally, just so that I can really sink in to each and every mod and not put too much of a strain on my wallet at the same time.

If you made it to the end of this, congrats, you get an internet cookie!

Thanks for reading!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 12:12 AM   #2
Felosenco
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 428i M Sport Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
The two main options are the fact that it has Burl Walnut trim even though it's an M Sport and, the fact that it has the full silver 442m wheels instead of the bicolour ones. BMW changed it so that if you have M Sport brakes, you'll get the bicolour wheels to hide the infamous brake dust that you'll get.
It's interesting that you say that because I have a 2015 428 M-Sport with the burled walnut interior, which just looks great BTW I had to order my car as I wanted the 6sp manual.
      06-12-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
613Bimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felosenco View Post
It's interesting that you say that because I have a 2015 428 M-Sport with the burled walnut interior, which just looks great BTW I had to order my car as I wanted the 6sp manual.
Cool! Didn't know it was still available in certain parts of the world. As far as I know, in Canada, the selection of burl walnut requires adding the individual line and removing the M Sport package.

BTW good job on getting the manual . I wish there was a car available with it when I was looking for one.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #4
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
For the shark fin you can by a black OEM cover from getbmwparts.com. Replace the white with a black for 30-40 bucks. Much better than wrapping it. Easy peasy and reversible.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #5
613Bimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydo View Post
For the shark fin you can by a black OEM cover from getbmwparts.com. Replace the white with a black for 30-40 bucks. Much better than wrapping it. Easy peasy and reversible.
Thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0