F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2013 F30 CIC -> NBT EVO Retrofit - No traffic info & update services menu missing
Extreme Powerhouse

12-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
Cory9214
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 40e iPerformance

Exclamation 2013 F30 CIC -> NBT EVO Retrofit - No traffic info & update services menu missing

Anyone have guidance on how to restore ConnectedDrive services and Traffic info after an NBT EVO Retrofit?

Just finished installing the following on my 2013 F30 (vehicle features below), purchased directly from Bimmer-Tech:

1.NBT EVO ID5/ID6 Navigation System Retrofit
2. SiriusXM/HD Radio
3. 8.8” Touch Screen
4. Rear View Camera Retrofit (MMI)

Install went pretty smoothly save for what seemed to be a leftover connection on the swapped Aerial Antenna and slightly off instructions surrounding 1) the use of a GPS extension cable and 2) disconnecting most COMBOX cables.

I took advantage of the dealer-installed BMW COMBOX GEN 2 option a few years ago, meaning ConnectedDrive services and traffic worked up until the retrofit. I also suspect that caused the COMBOX install instructions to be slightly off.

Post retrofit, after determining that I needed to restore the COMBOX GEN 2 connections (save for the 26-pin connector and fiber cables), GPS, BMW Apps, enhanced Bluetooth, Satellite Radio, FM radio, etc., all work.

BMW Assist / ConnectedDrive services, however, aren't in any of the menus on the new head unit, and the SOS button, while illuminated, doesn't initiate any action when pressed. There's no option to update BMW services in anyway.

BMW Assist Safety and Convenience plans show as active on the ConnectedDrive website, so I know I don't owe them any money LOL.

Open to hearing all options to get this final piece of the puzzle in place.

2013 F30 Features / Options:

PREMIUM PACKAGE
Comfort Access keyless entry
Lumbar support
Moonroof
SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 1year All Access Subscription

ADDED OPTIONS
BMW Apps
BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB
Navigation system

STANDARD FEATURES
40/20/40 Split Rear Seat
Additional 12-V power sockets
Ambient Lighting
Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
Auto-dimming rearview mirror
Automatic climate control
BMW TeleServices
CIC contribution
DVD Area coding (North America)
Daytime driving lights
Floor mats
Hi-fi sound system
Instrument cluster with extended contents
Oil Chg 15,000 miles/24 months
Online Information Services
Power Front Seats
Rain sensor and auto headlights
Real Time Traffic Information
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
Smartphone Integration
Storage package
TeleService Activation
TeleService Control
Tire pressure monitor
Universal garage-door opener
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 12:58 PM   #2
Tuerkay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Short answer: your current subscription can't be used with NBT Evo. Subscription is linked to the COMBOX and COMBOX only works with CIC system. You need and ATM-4G Telematikmodule to use online functions with your new Evo id5/id6.
Appreciate 0