F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Is there a football thread?
proTUNING Freaks

12-02-2021, 08:53 AM   #221
Lynxi2k
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
The ones that dont fleece their fans in chasing a very expensive dream... and where you can meet the players, have a beer with them after the game etc...

Give me "my" club than a glory hunting brand that thinks nothing of the fans any day....

This sounds awful!

Where's the patronising social media accounts, owners with no interest in the game or legacy and mercenary players taking everything they can?

I can see why it doesn't catch on!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 09:56 AM   #222
Roo12
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 4 Series GC M Sport +

7th best player in the world was on fire 🔥 last night
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 11:12 AM   #223
MrManor
Captain
Gambia
Rep
Drives: Fiat Stilo estate mapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo12 View Post
7th best player in the world was on fire 🔥 last night
Sure was! The crabs didn’t stand a chance
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 02:01 PM   #224
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Quote:
The ones that dont fleece their fans in chasing a very expensive dream... and where you can meet the players, have a beer with them after the game etc...

Give me "my" club than a glory hunting brand that thinks nothing of the fans any day....

We had a club like that back in the day. That said they are paying for coach travel to Boro away in a few weeks. The coaches leave at 3am (thanks Sky)

One coach starts at Weymouth and does pick ups, that leaves at 1.15 am
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 02:49 PM   #225
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1664 View Post
We had a club like that back in the day. That said they are paying for coach travel to Boro away in a few weeks. The coaches leave at 3am (thanks Sky)

We are on TV on Sunday teatime, playing Salford in second round FA Cup. The class of 92 seems to guarantee that Salford are on TV nearly as much as Man Ure, and i guess if we beat Salford on Sunday the ideal would be a game against City's not so noisy neighbours in Round 3 for the cash boost it would give.... Its a while since we played at Old Trafford, that wasnt a bad game....
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 03:46 PM   #226
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Its a while since we played at Old Trafford, that wasnt a bad game....
Indeed, a cup classic against Boro of course... where you there ? I recall when we used to crave a top team in the cup.

We played at Old Trafford a few times back in the day but against them of course. Away in 82 in the League cup....just remember bottles of piss raining down on us.

Knocked them out of the cup in 84 but that was at home.

1985 FA cup at their place...January. An 8 hour train trip home with no heating in sub zero temps after being battered by GMP

1989 FA cup - drew at our place in the fifth round , another money spinner at their place. Winner played Forest so a sell out. Frightening that game, we were crushed in the pens behind fences, massively overcrowded with Man U fans pulling us up to the seated area behind....a few months before Hillsborough...not good.

Now its just a tourist attraction
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #227
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Indeed, a cup classic against Boro of course... where you there ? I recall when we used to crave a top team in the cup.

We played at Old Trafford a few times back in the day but against them of course. Away in 82 in the League cup....just remember bottles of piss raining down on us.

1985 FA cup at their place...January. An 8 hour train trip home with no heating in sub zero temps after being battered by GMP

1989 FA cup - drew at our place in the fifth round , another money spinner at their place. Winner played Forest so a sell out. Frightening that game, we were crushed in the pens behind fences, massively overcrowded with Man U fans pulling us up to the seated area behind....a few months before Hillsborough...not good.

Yep, I was there, the day before I started a new job with absolutely no voice! No idea which end I was in but I was where we scored in the first half to be 2-0 up.... good old Dyche scored the second from a pen when every other player walked away scared of it...

I've been a couple more times since to watch them play Arsenal.... now a mid table battle
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 12:13 AM   #228
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

The Toffees' fans were being a bunch of plonkers on Wednesday. What's with that nonsense?

Couple of weird stats this week:

1) West Ham and Brighton managed a draw for the sixth time in a row.

2) Only the top four teams have a positive goal difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 03:50 AM   #229
Scoobyd
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport / Macan GTS

The top 3 are already pulling away from the rest. Straight shoot out between them for the title now and should be an interesting one given all 3 teams have very different styles of play.

Spurs would be 4th if they win their game in hand. How that's possible given how awful we've mostly been this season and the upheaval we've had during it I don't know. Doesn't speak much for the rest of the league!

You'd expect to see Man Utd move up again now under Rangnick especially given the players they have. They should on paper be certain of that top 4 spot but West Ham, Arsenal and Spurs may have something to say there too.

Newcastle doomed already or can they survive? Newcastle fans won't agree but there'd be something about seeing the newly crowned richest club in the world instantly get relegated!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:37 PM   #230
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:

Are you coming up to the game…?
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #231
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:

Yep, I was there, the day before I started a new job with absolutely no voice! No idea which end I was in but I was where we scored in the first half to be 2-0 up.... good old Dyche scored the second from a pen when every other player walked away scared of it...

I've been a couple more times since to watch them play Arsenal.... now a mid table battle
Some very strange days indeed for us Boro fans… lost two cup finals and got relegated in the same year… by a three point deduction for failing to meet a fixture at Blackburn…

Seems a lifetime ago now…
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 04:13 AM   #232
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Some very strange days indeed for us Boro fans… lost two cup finals and got relegated in the same year… by a three point deduction for failing to meet a fixture at Blackburn…

Seems a lifetime ago now…
How do you think it feels for us... league 1 play offs in 2015, national league in 2017!

Maybe 25 years on it’s our time for a cup run again this season?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 05:25 AM   #233
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobyd View Post
Newcastle doomed already or can they survive? Newcastle fans won't agree but there'd be something about seeing the newly crowned richest club in the world instantly get relegated!
Not aimed at you particularly but I do find it ironic that it's often the fans of clubs who signed-up to the ESL - where there was no relegation possible - who are now the most keen to see Newcastle get relegated. I don't make that observation as a Newcastle fan either....
Appreciate 2
      12-04-2021, 06:31 AM   #234
Scoobyd
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport / Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Not aimed at you particularly but I do find it ironic that it's often the fans of clubs who signed-up to the ESL - where there was no relegation possible - who are now the most keen to see Newcastle get relegated. I don't make that observation as a Newcastle fan either....
To be fair I don't think there was a single fan of any of the clubs who signed up to the ESL debacle who was for it. Quite the opposite in fact. They were disgusted by it hence the mass protests outside grounds and the rapid backtracking and apologies from those clubs. It's not good for the game. Every true fan knows it.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 07:33 AM   #235
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobyd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
To be fair I don't think there was a single fan of any of the clubs who signed up to the ESL debacle who was for it. Quite the opposite in fact. They were disgusted by it hence the mass protests outside grounds and the rapid backtracking and apologies from those clubs. It's not good for the game. Every true fan knows it.
Yes, that's fair comment - probably more likely their desire to see Newcastle go down is because they fear their own team's place at the top table might eventually be threatened!

Or in some cases it might be because they've decided the Saudi regime is a step too far and therefore they want to see anything associated with it fail. In many respects an understandable point of view but I wonder how many of those same people are nevertheless happy to buy products from companies in which the Saudis have also invested significantly?
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2021, 08:41 AM   #236
MrManor
Captain
Gambia
Rep

I’m forever blowing bubbles!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 11:55 AM   #237
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrManor View Post
I’m forever blowing bubbles!
Up the Irons! My Liverpool supporter buddy owes me a beer.

In some ways this win makes me rue the draw against Brighton even more. Funny old game.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 03:32 AM   #238
MrManor
Captain
Gambia
Rep

Divock though
Appreciate 1
allachie91334.00
      12-06-2021, 02:38 PM   #239
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
We are on TV on Sunday teatime, playing Salford in second round FA Cup. The class of 92 seems to guarantee that Salford are on TV nearly as much as Man Ure, and i guess if we beat Salford on Sunday the ideal would be a game against City's not so noisy neighbours in Round 3 for the cash boost it would give.... Its a while since we played at Old Trafford, that wasnt a bad game....
Nice little draw, should boost the coffers somewhat !!
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18763.50
      12-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #240
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Nice little draw, should boost the coffers somewhat !!
Indeed. Are we talking the football clubs or works, reckon I might be busy sorting hotel rooms too!

But yes, extra money, dont get too embarassed, and use the money to strengthen the squad ready for the promotion push, could be the difference....

Now lets hope I can get a ticket!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #241
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Indeed. Are we talking the football clubs or works, reckon I might be busy sorting hotel rooms too!

But yes, extra money, dont get too embarassed, and use the money to strengthen the squad ready for the promotion push, could be the difference....

Now lets hope I can get a ticket!
You should get offered the whole of the Shed End for the cup, that's nearly 7k. Enough tourists to ensure the game might well out in the home seats so nice earner even if they reduce match day ticket prices. Good day out as well.
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18763.50
      12-06-2021, 03:02 PM   #242
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
You should get offered the whole of the Shed End for the cup, that's nearly 7k. Enough tourists to ensure the game might well out in the home seats so nice earner even if they reduce match day ticket prices. Good day out as well.
Yep, shame that its straight after xmas which is an expensive time for some and not all will be able to afford it, but I'm sure we can sell 6500 no trouble.

And yes, good day or weekend for the Derbyshire CFC fans, and I'll enjoy the short commute too!
Appreciate 1
JR16641146.50