F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Help with buying a used F30
Studio RSR

11-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #23
otay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Just happened to see this:

http://atcm.co/VDPTXTSHRE/1FCF9629

Seems like a great deal for a well equipped 335i. Guess my '15 isn't worth much more...
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 08:10 AM   #24
BMWApp
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i, 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by otay View Post

Seems like a great deal for a well equipped 335i. Guess my '15 isn't worth much more...
Looks like a pretty good deal as long as the Carfax is clean.
      11-24-2019, 10:33 AM   #25
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorF30 View Post
I'll help with shipping costs on this:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1667430
Quote:

Both are clean examples but not sure if OP is strictly set on x drive?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 11:25 AM   #26
M Smurf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

I bought my first BMW sight unseen 1000 miles away. I was particular with what I wanted namely, Estoril Blue, and RWD, and had 58k miles on the clock. More than I what I wanted at the time. The best advice I received on this forum was the Pre-sale Inspection. Best $100 I could have spent. The inspection didnt turn up anything suspicious but it was the peace of mind talking to the Indy mechanic that it was a solid car.

Mine was not CPO. It's been perfect through 92k miles.

I would not shy away from a non-warranty car. This is the best car I have ever owned in every way!

Be patient and something will turn up. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2019, 05:16 AM   #27
paidnfull
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Smurf View Post
I bought my first BMW sight unseen 1000 miles away. I was particular with what I wanted namely, Estoril Blue, and RWD, and had 58k miles on the clock. More than I what I wanted at the time. The best advice I received on this forum was the Pre-sale Inspection. Best $100 I could have spent. The inspection didnt turn up anything suspicious but it was the peace of mind talking to the Indy mechanic that it was a solid car.

Mine was not CPO. It's been perfect through 92k miles.

I would not shy away from a non-warranty car. This is the best car I have ever owned in every way!

Be patient and something will turn up. Good luck!
This! Under NO circumstances should you ever buy a used car w/o a pre purchase inspection, even if its a CPO.That $100 could save you $1000s in headaches after you're stuck with the car
Appreciate 1
Wgosma806.00
      11-27-2019, 06:32 PM   #28
zeyad.habeeb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Quote:

Most likely it will have an accident not reported in the carafax.

Haven't seen this color combo.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 07:06 PM   #29
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeyad.habeeb View Post

It's a 14, >$20k is a premium. 340ix 2 years newer same mileage about 10k more.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 07:21 PM   #30
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

When we were looking for a used car we busted two BMW dealers selling cars as CPO that had clean CarFaxes but when you looked very closely each had a panel that had been repainted. There were no records with either car that indicated the damage. We could tell that both dealers knew about issues ahead of time, otherwise they would have run outside to look at the car to see for themselves. They already knew!

I've had great experiences asking local high-end auto detailers to examine cars before I purchased. Those guys all saved me money by pointing out issues that I then negotiated with the sellers to fix. Professional detailers examine exteriors and interiors all day long so they spot issues instantly. In both cases they helped me out for free. I ended up returning to use their detailing and ceramic coating services. Ceramic coating so awesome on a black car especially!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 07:35 PM   #31
zeyad.habeeb
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineX View Post
Quote:

It's a 14, >$20k is a premium. 340ix 2 years newer same mileage about 10k more.
Correct, I didn't check the car link, I think it's reasonable price.

But what I mentioned earlier is usually the case when the car price is below the market.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 07:42 PM   #32
zeyad.habeeb
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Quote:

When we were looking for a used car we busted two BMW dealers selling cars as CPO that had clean CarFaxes but when you looked very closely each had a panel that had been repainted. There were no records with either car that indicated the damage. We could tell that both dealers knew about issues ahead of time, otherwise they would have run outside to look at the car to see for themselves. They already knew!

I've had great experiences asking local high-end auto detailers to examine cars before I purchased. Those guys all saved me money by pointing out issues that I then negotiated with the sellers to fix. Professional detailers examine exteriors and interiors all day long so they spot issues instantly. In both cases they helped me out for free. I ended up returning to use their detailing and ceramic coating services. Ceramic coating so awesome on a black car especially!
Of course, inspection will give you peace of mind.

But as far as I know that the car will never be certified if it has a paint from previous repair, That's strange.

If you want you can buy a paint tester from Ebay and it will help you check the car paint.

When I bought My CPO car, I noticed that they didn't detail the car and as part of a CPO, the car should be fully detailed.

I called the dealership and they sent me a $200 check for detail.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #33
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:

But as far as I know that the car will never be certified if it has a paint from previous repair, That's strange.
Paint/damage repair does not preclude a BMW from being CPO’d. It should be a high quality repair.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

11-27-2019, 09:57 PM   #34
zeyad.habeeb
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Quote:

Paint/damage repair does not preclude a BMW from being CPO’d. It should be a high quality repair.
I don't know, maybe it depends on the damage level?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 10:44 PM   #35
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Quote:
Don't assume that the salesman knows (or cares) any more about the car than the specs of the general model. Few do. Of those, half are salesmen.

And honestly, a quality job single panel repaint is not grounds for dismissal on F30. Too many other factors.

Last edited by AlpineX; 11-28-2019 at 12:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 01:25 AM   #36
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineX View Post
Quote:
Don't assume that the salesman knows (or cares) any more about the car than the specs of the general model. Few do. Of those, half are salesmen.

And honestly, a quality job single panel repaint is not grounds for dismissal on F30. Too many other factors.
Wasn't a quality job in either case. A friend who is a dealer tech said one looked like a gypsy paint job to him. He said that's a guy who comes and paints in the back parking lot at a dealer so it's cheap and there's no official record attached to the car.

Bottom line is always let the buyer beware and check out as much as you can independently. Now I still pay attention to what's on a carfax but I know that it may not be complete.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 05:31 AM   #37
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrada9707 View Post
I got the $500 back and the $600 "shipping" cost is not my problem. Now I'll just keep looking for another deal
Any updates OP?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:07 PM   #38
garanadhav
Rep
Drives: bmw m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrada9707 View Post
Summary: Do you guys think I'm getting a good deal on a 2016 328i xDrive with 39k miles and factory warranty of 12months/11k miles that has an OTD price of $20.3k?

Hi all! I've been very interested in buying a F30 328i for a few years now and done a lot of research and I think I came across a good deal at a used car dealership in Chicago and I put a deposit on it. I wanted another opinion before pulling the trigger because I think I might be in the twilight phase.

Link to pictures of CarFax, pricing, and packages:
View post on imgur.com

Quick info on the Car: 2016 328i xDrive LCI

Out-The-Door Price: $20.3k

Year/Milage: 39k miles

Damage: 2 accidents which caused damage to front bumper 1 year apart from one another, but no frame damage and air bags didnt

One Lease Owner.

Color: Black Sapphire Metallic/ Black Dakota Leather with Dark Oyster highlight

Packages: Cold weather, Premium package, Driving assistance, Luxury package/Line, Navigation, Side and top view cam xDrive.

Factory Warranty: 12 months or 11k miles.

I haven't actually seen the car in person because I originally went in to the dealership to see another 328i which was sold earlier so me and the salesman were looking at what looked like a dealer exclusive BMW website and he ordered this 328i in front of me then promised to sell it at the same price as the one I came in for after I take a look at after its delivered in a few days. What do you guys think? The Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire price of the car was $18k and after taxes registration and fees it came out to $20.3k. I overpaid on the fees a little because the dealer charged me $180 for document fee and $600 for “prep” which includes shipping from Ohio and “getting it ready” but in my mind its okay for the price of the car compared to whats on the market in the Chicagoland area.

I would really appreciate anyone's help as this it my first time buying my personal car. Im 22 years old recent grad making 70k/year living in the Chicagoland area if that makes a difference.
the previous driver was a careless driver and probably beat the car and/or didn't maintain properly. Plenty of other options for a 328 in that mileage range.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #39
robinjamess
Registered
Rep
Drives: bhw a4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garanadhav View Post
the previous driver was a careless driver and probably beat the car and/or didn't maintain properly. Plenty of other options for a 328 in that mileage range.
TcsWebmail DadeSchools Upsers
If you want a clean history immaculate 2014 335i with tasteful mods, 6 speed, and just a little bit more...let me know.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 12:29 AM   #40
natesi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

I'd suggest a 2017 model if you value your legs -- better crash rating.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 03:07 AM   #41
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinjamess View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garanadhav View Post
TcsWebmail DadeSchools Upsers
If you want a clean history immaculate 2014 335i with tasteful mods, 6 speed, and just a little bit more...let me know.
Tell me us More about this three pedal unicorn
Appreciate 0