F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > What Colour Are The Blue M Sport Brake Calipers? - Paint Sample Comparison Pictures
proTUNING Freaks

04-23-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
R99
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring

What Colour Are The Blue M Sport Brake Calipers? - Paint Sample Comparison Pictures

Hi all,

I posted these pictures a couple of years ago, but then Photobucket shafted the forum world.

After multiple PM's and seeing some people posting colours that are way off, I have decided to upload the pictures again for everyones reference.

Please note that I am not posting a definitive answer, but the two closest matches based on my research / pictures is either Estoril Blue or Monte Carlo Blue.

The "official" code supplied to me by BMW Germany technical is WC2Z but it would appear that this is an internal Brembo code only as paint shops are unable to match this code.

I took a physical caliper down to my local UK main dealer and used the colour swatches on the wall to compare against it. Here were the results:

Interlagos Blue:

Estoril Blue:

Monte Carlo Blue:

Le Mans Blue:

Monte Carlo / Estoril 50/50 shots:

Appreciate 2
Vulpe278.00
rlesko216.00
      04-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
Hi all,

I posted these pictures a couple of years ago, but then Photobucket shafted the forum world.

After multiple PM's and seeing some people posting colours that are way off, I have decided to upload the pictures again for everyones reference.

Please note that I am not posting a definitive answer, but the two closest matches based on my research / pictures is either Estoril Blue or Monte Carlo Blue.

The "official" code supplied to me by BMW Germany technical is WC2Z but it would appear that this is an internal Brembo code only as paint shops are unable to match this code.

I took a physical caliper down to my local UK main dealer and used the colour swatches on the wall to compare against it.
Thank you for the comparison.

But what is it you are looking to do? Repaint the calipers back to their original color?

Many paint stores have a SpectroRadiometer that can analyze the exact color which you might be able to use.

Then again, a great paint shop should be able to do it by eye.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 04:23 AM   #3
R99
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring

At the time of research I wanted to paint a set of stock E91 rears to match as I retrofitted the F3x front 370mn brakes on that car.

However that car is long gone now & I think most people just want a paint code to be able to touch stone chips up etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 04:32 PM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Hi all,

I took a physical caliper down to my local UK main dealer and used the colour swatches on the wall to compare against it. Here were the results:

Estoril Blue:

According to G2 the color is Estoril Blue Metallic

They have this custom BMW color available as a kit here:

http://www.g2usa.com/product/CBCP-335.html
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 05-31-2018 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 06:56 PM   #5
rogersmj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

I recently did my calipers with that G2 kit and I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. They came out decidedly lighter blue than they should have. They still look pretty good, and I don't know that I'd redo it, but I wish it was closer to the correct color. Maybe I had a bad can or something because everyone else who has used it seems pretty happy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 05:03 AM   #6
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
As a follow up - I got a bottle of the Estoril Blue Metallic II touch up paint from DrColorChip to touch up a couple tiny nicks in the paint of my blue Brembos - match is near perfect = can't tell unless you know where to look

Just make sure to shake the hell out of the bottle so it's mixed well. If nick is deeper, apply several coats to bring up to same level as rest, letting paint dry in between
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 11:48 PM   #7
tonirai
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F20 LCI 120Da M

I had already seen your original post and original pictures

I am myself in the process of refurbishing some M Sport brakes, which I bought from ebay - I had a nice price for a set with some paint damage, because my intention was to change the color anyway.

Now, my plan is to get them sandblasted, and then powdercoated (I appreciate the quality look and durability of those jobs).

I want to do it in BMW OEM colors.
The blue is too common, and doesn't "pop" enough...
So I want to do it in one of the M performance colors.
I don't like the reds, which leaves it to yellow or orange, but as much as I like the contrast with the yellows (my car is a black 1 series M sport), orange is winning among family and friends

But unfortunately, in my country there's not many powdercoating companies, even much less related to the auto industries/parts.
Not many choices of powder either... just the regular RAL color codes.

So I'm inclined to get the gear and do it myself (lot's of diy guides on youtube), or buy some powder to get then done with it... but my problem will be matching the color...
For the yellows, I found pictures of some, powder coated to match, in an E90 forum, and it's pretty close.

I asked the customer support of one big powder supplier in the usa (prismatic powders) if they already had matched to the BMW M performance caliper colors, and send pictures of them in all colors... they said they didn't, but gave me some suggestions - curiously, the suggestion for the yellow was exactly the color code which the above mentioned yellow calipers had been powder coated with, so the guy may have a good eye.

But I have never seen a work done in orange, and I'm not sure about the guy's suggestion... and they have dozens of oranges!
I wish I had some friend next to them, to go there and see with his own eyes and compare
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #8
r0b3r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw F

I have painted in Storil II and montecarlo blue, 2 kits of brembo f3X clamps, and for me it is much more similar to the original B05
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #9
Tribalpinoy911
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F34

Monte.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 12:33 PM   #10
FollowMyLine
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Looks more like Monte Carlo Blue. Does anyone know that paint code?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #11
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
According to G2 the color is Estoril Blue Metallic

They have this custom BMW color available as a kit here:

http://www.g2usa.com/product/CBCP-335.html
$125 for the kit! Tax and shipping might be extra, and a few hours of my time. More than double of their prices for generic colors. Plus it seems to be lighter than the blue M-Sport caliper. I'll probably just have them painted at a shop, $65 per caliper at a place near me, including clear coat. Have bought the blue calipers for the rear and just need to get the fronts painted.

Also, will it be fine to paint over the already painted blue calipers? I personally like the Austin yellow way more than blue, pops out more.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2023, 09:12 AM   #12
rlesko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2012 335i  [0.00]
This is specifically with regards to G2 caliper paint-

Their Monte Carlo blue is too dark, its borderline imperial blue without direct light on it. If buying G2 paint, I would definitely go with Estoril Blue II.
Appreciate 0