F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Looking do go with a DP here in NYC and was wondering
ARMA SPEED

10-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #23
FastF30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun1914 View Post
So i was just faced with the issue of having to pass emissions with a DP installed and it just doesnt work out. Im also running a JB4 with the CEL delete software.
Though i had no CEL none of the modules read ready when the obd2 is checked for emissions test.
The amount of $$ folks were asking in order to pass me under the table was insane. 350+.
For WAY less i found a shop in Long Island that was willing to reinstall my oem and then install the dp again once i passed.
i disabled, JB4 drove home (about 20 miles) and next morning went for inspection.
Havent gone back to get the DP installed yet...waiting on intercooler and charge pipe to be shipped so i can have him just install everything at once.

Ps. I switche to bm3 as well.
So my next question is did you notice a major difference at wot when you had the catless on...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #24
sun1914
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
Quote:
So i was just faced with the issue of having to pass emissions with a DP installed and it just doesnt work out. Im also running a JB4 with the CEL delete software.
Though i had no CEL none of the modules read ready when the obd2 is checked for emissions test.
The amount of $$ folks were asking in order to pass me under the table was insane. 350+.
For WAY less i found a shop in Long Island that was willing to reinstall my oem and then install the dp again once i passed.
i disabled, JB4 drove home (about 20 miles) and next morning went for inspection.
Havent gone back to get the DP installed yet...waiting on intercooler and charge pipe to be shipped so i can have him just install everything at once.

So my next question is did you notice a major difference at wot when you had the catless on...
the DP on its own does make a difference.
is it worth the headache of taking off and putting back on etc?? unless u have the ability and means to do it on your own my initial answer would be no.
now if youre going to be adding more to the build like intercooler, CP then the DP is just part of the puzzle. ur gonna have a headache in one way or another regardless thats just part of #modlife ...lol
Silver 2014 328i xDrive AWD // Metallic Black Roof Wrap // Gunnetal 19" VMR v710s // 10 mm Rear Spacers // H&R Springs // MSport Conversion Kit // MPerformance Exhaust // Injen Intake // ER FOB // BM3 Stage 2 93 Oct AGG
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #25
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:

How was it going from the JB4 to BM3? Was it worth it? I have a JB Stage 1 and was thinking of going BM3 as well.
      10-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #26
sun1914
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa1 View Post
Quote:

How was it going from the JB4 to BM3? Was it worth it? I have a JB Stage 1 and was thinking of going BM3 as well.
i have yet to activate my bm3 in all honesty.
i didnt want to mess with it until i had all other parts installed but since i purchased all maps when i bought bm3, its been brought to my attention i can go ahead and enjoy it now.
im doing it today.
will keep u updated if u care to know more
Silver 2014 328i xDrive AWD // Metallic Black Roof Wrap // Gunnetal 19" VMR v710s // 10 mm Rear Spacers // H&R Springs // MSport Conversion Kit // MPerformance Exhaust // Injen Intake // ER FOB // BM3 Stage 2 93 Oct AGG
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #27
HotTea69
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 AW M-Sport

When I put a catless DP On, no matter what I did the ecu was never ready for inspection. So my tuner actually adjusted it so that the ecu would think it’s ready even though it’s not. I’ve never had an issue with inspection since.

AWE Cat Back | BBS - LM | CF M Mirror Caps | CF M Trunk Spoiler | CF R-Style Rear Diffuser | ER Charge Pipe | ER Down Pipe | ER Front Mount Intercooler | Enzo Tuned | Injen SR Intake | M Front Grill
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #28
FastF30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTea69 View Post
When I put a catless DP On, no matter what I did the ecu was never ready for inspection. So my tuner actually adjusted it so that the ecu would think it’s ready even though it’s not. I’ve never had an issue with inspection since.
And who is your tuner and what program was/is using (mhd,bm3, etc)... I'm using MHD...

Problem of smell is the only thing turning me away since I park in an enclosed public garage... but still considering it..

But honestly this car is a beast... I have 5" stepcore fmic, CP running stage 2+ 95oct and it is fast especially this time of the year with the cooler temperatures... Do I really want to go thru with all the headache of changing out my DP? I really don't know living here in the city... hmmm

Last edited by FastF30; 10-15-2018 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 04:32 PM   #29
wildacex187
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi stock

Quote:
i'd also like to know more info on this please
      10-21-2018, 12:59 AM   #30
Infamouz627
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport EBII 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildacex187 View Post
Quote:
i'd also like to know more info on this please
Same here, following
      10-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #31
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
this is really illegal i doubt Enzo would want you outing him like that lol

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 12:11 PM   #32
fb58
Private
Rep
Drives: 18' AT 340Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
this is really illegal i doubt .. would want you outing him like that lol
no one really knew who the tuner was till you said it..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:52 AM   #33
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
And who is your tuner and what program was/is using (mhd,bm3, etc)... I'm using MHD...

Problem of smell is the only thing turning me away since I park in an enclosed public garage... but still considering it..

But honestly this car is a beast... I have 5" stepcore fmic, CP running stage 2+ 95oct and it is fast especially this time of the year with the cooler temperatures... Do I really want to go thru with all the headache of changing out my DP? I really don't know living here in the city... hmmm
I did! The sound and power bump are worth it IMO. The smell isn't as bad as you would think either. I got inspection done BEFORE I got my DP installed so it gives me a year to figure out the next one. I won't go back.
      10-25-2018, 02:02 AM   #34
Dmejia91
Private
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335 xdrive M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
if you have ewg the simulators wont work.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...108&page=3

no solution for us ewg cars yet. you can always make friends with a shop and pay the 100 bux for the inspection sticker
Yea... that really stinks... check out my post last page under "How to pass a NY..." in the main n55 motor section... there's no real advantage for all it's worth for me anyways... gonna stay stock... check it out..
Quote:
Quote:
if you have ewg the simulators wont work.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...108&page=3

no solution for us ewg cars yet. you can always make friends with a shop and pay the 100 bux for the inspection sticker
Yea... that really stinks... check out my post last page under "How to pass a NY..." in the main n55 motor section... there's no real advantage for all it's worth for me anyways... gonna stay stock... check it out..
So I currently am running VRSF DP, I'm have JB4 installed along with a tune. Last year I had issues passing the emissions test even with tints. I put jb4 map back to stock and drove the car for about 300 miles to reset all codes that stated "NOT READY". Finally passed the test and put MAP 2 on. Car is currently on MAP 0 since inspection is due soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #35
wildacex187
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmejia91 View Post
So I currently am running VRSF DP, I'm have JB4 installed along with a tune. Last year I had issues passing the emissions test even with tints. I put jb4 map back to stock and drove the car for about 300 miles to reset all codes that stated "NOT READY". Finally passed the test and put MAP 2 on. Car is currently on MAP 0 since inspection is due soon.
so you're just running an ots tune? are you ewg?
      10-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #36
Dmejia91
Private
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335 xdrive M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmejia91 View Post
so you're just running an ots tune? are you ewg?
Yes, jb4 clears code for DP. Even with it on Map 0 there's no check engine light
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 07:44 AM   #37
Carp86
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

I am also looking into stage 2. From what I've been told from people running downpipes with the HJS cat like the Fabspeeds, is that it will pass emissions. This is most likely the reason for the high cost. It is a hard pill to swallow , but if it means I don't have to swap it out once a year it seems worth it for me. Has anyone passed emissions with the Fabspeed?? interested to see how true this is.
Appreciate 0