F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > ConnectedDrive Upgrades - Canada
ARMA SPEED

08-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #45
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck_it! View Post
Hello Canadian33,

Just wondering, what about the vehicles that receive this error:

"The vehicle cannot be added to your account on the portal.
This vehicle does not have a mobile network facility. This means that it cannot be added to your account."

I recently bought my car used from the dealership and now i am wondering if there is something wrong with it because of this error. The remote app does work as i can see the charge level of the batteries and lock/unlock the car so i do believe it has mobile network connection (?).

Thank you for keeping us posted and for all of your help!
Same here. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 09:37 AM   #46
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Hello Canadian33,

This vehicle does not have a mobile network facility. This means that it cannot be added to your account."

I recently bought my car used from the dealership and now i am wondering if there is something wrong with it because of this error. The remote app does work as i can see the charge level of the batteries and lock/unlock the car so i do believe it has mobile network connection (?).

Send me your VIN and we will look into. When we have an issue like this, it helps when we have a couple VINs to identify the root cause.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #47
Hybrid330e
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport F30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Send me your VIN and we will look into. When we have an issue like this, it helps when we have a couple VINs to identify the root cause.
PM'd
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #48
Hybrid330e
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport F30 LCI

Quote:
Quote:
Hello Canadian33,

Sir you rock! thank you! Will the cockpit function work eventually?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #49
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Hey, can you send me the VIN of the X3 and we will look into?

Thanks
PM Sent.

Just a heads-up for everyone as well, since I've encountered a related issue but more so for the subscription.

My original subscription ended back in April 30th of this year, but had renewed it for another 36 months prior to the expiry. The vehicle has lost RTTI, BMW Online and Concierge Services in the iDrive. Last time it was working was this Monday, Aug 13th.

Most likely a migration issue that has resulted in the loss of service for me. Hopefully it'll be resolved, else i'll have to be on the phone...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #50
NavS
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

Garage List
2018 BMW 440i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
I created the account successfully but it's showing on the website that concierge, ARTTI, assist, apps are not available even though I have those, will check tomorrow if they get removed from my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #51
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

After entering security code, I get
Vehicle cannot be added error
      08-17-2018, 09:25 PM   #52
McQueen2014
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@codemybimmer View Post
Quote:

Thanks
PM Sent.

Just a heads-up for everyone as well, since I've encountered a related issue but more so for the subscription.

My original subscription ended back in April 30th of this year, but had renewed it for another 36 months prior to the expiry. The vehicle has lost RTTI, BMW Online and Concierge Services in the iDrive. Last time it was working was this Monday, Aug 13th.

Most likely a migration issue that has resulted in the loss of service for me. Hopefully it'll be resolved, else i'll have to be on the phone...
Exact same issue here, I didn't notice until today as the wife had been driving the car and can barely figure out the radio. will likely be logging another ticket tomorrow or Monday (cannot recall if they are open on the weekends).
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #53
GC4UrMom
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen2014 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@codemybimmer View Post
Quote:

Thanks
PM Sent.

Exact same issue here, I didn't notice until today as the wife had been driving the car and can barely figure out the radio. will likely be logging another ticket tomorrow or Monday (cannot recall if they are open on the weekends).
Same issue here. It labeled as "not available for your vehicle" in my portal.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #54
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i X-Drive Cabriolet

My experience so far

Hi guys,

I thought I would summarize my experience so far with the new website (https:///www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca:)

1. I tried adding my vehicle to my existing account, it would not allow me to do it. Even though, I have my password etc. I had to create a new account with a different e-mail, otherwise I would get the following error:

Name:  screenshot 1.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  106.6 KB

2. Once I created a new account with a different email address, I managed to add my vehicle, and the function 'SEND TO CAR' worked! I could see the messages under ConnectedDrive / Messages:

Name:  screenshot 5.JPG
Views: 798
Size:  77.2 KB

3. The problem now is that my other services such as BMW Online (Weather, Search), Concierge, Connection Assistant (load apps from phone BMW Connected App) are all gone:

Name:  screenshot 6.JPG
Views: 806
Size:  75.4 KB

4. I logged in with my new account under the BMW Online, but it is still not working:

Name:  screenshot 7.JPG
Views: 781
Size:  66.9 KB

5. This is what I see on the new BMW ConnectedDrive website, it looks like the system added only basic services:

Name:  screenshot 2.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  132.4 KB

6. I paid $450 for a 3y renewal including BMW Online/ARTTI/Concierge, which now shows as optional services adding up to $700!!!

Name:  screenshot 4.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  170.2 KB

Name:  screenshot 3.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  501.3 KB

I hope this is just a matter of correcting the service level we paid for on their new system.

Is this what everybody else is experiencing? Was anybody able to fix the problem?

I sent them an email, but as today is Saturday not sure if I will get any feedback.

Have a good one!

Kind regards,
Roger
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #55
BMWX3G01
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Hi Canadian33,

I have been able to finally register my email and my VIN cant be recognized like many others. Also do I need to wait until the platform is stablized before mapping my car to avoid any of ConnectedDrive services disappear?

Thnx
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #56
Dreamerbimmer
Rep
Drives: 2016 328xi

"Send to car" functionality using remote app now works for me.

Send to car from Google maps still not working though. I deleted the car info I had in there and Re-entered my BMW info , but it's still not working. Google maps asked for my Account ID for my car, Im assuming that's the same email address for my Connected Drive log in info?

Anyone had success sending location from Google maps?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 04:42 PM   #57
BMWX3G01
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX3G01 View Post
Hi Canadian33,

I have been able to finally register my email and my VIN cant be recognized like many others. Also do I need to wait until the platform is stablized before mapping my car to avoid any of ConnectedDrive services disappear?

Thnx
Actually never mind as after an hour when I logged back my vin was recognized and all services was added to my profile. Good job!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 05:34 PM   #58
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermach5 View Post
Is this what everybody else is experiencing? Was anybody able to fix the problem?
Same issue with my X3, noted in a post earlier in the thread. Already sent a PM to Canadian33 to see if he's able to sort it prior to me contacting ConnectedDrive directly.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 05:36 AM   #59
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
For those that still get the "The vehicle cannot be added to your account" and that copied/pasted the full VIN, just press backspace, and the VIN will be formatted according to that webpage requirement, which is silly, as most of us are used to entering either the short VIN (Last 7 digits) or when asked for a full VIN, we enter it as one word...

The webpage should be smart upon "submit" to format the entry, IMHO, that's some sloppy UI programming... but given the new portal isn't officially GA until October, we'll consider it in beta... and I sure hope that those prices are also in beta :

Thanks for the OP for informing us of the new portal.

PS: VIN in attached pics is a random VIN for illustration purposes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 09:07 AM   #60
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Have no problem registering my vehicle.

For iPhone users, you can also download BMW ConnectedDrive App from US iTunes store and it works - though it calls me "Phil" (not my name in my profile) and Remote 3D view does not work. There is supposed to be a privacy settings under "iDrive Settings" to enable 3D view, but this option is missing from my car.

Last edited by nosnoop; 08-19-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #61
meanmusic
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M Competition

It calls me Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Have no problem registering my vehicle.

For iPhone users, you can also download BMW ConnectedDrive App from US iTunes store and it works - though it calls me "Phil" (not my name in my profile) and Remote 3D view does not work. There is supposed to be a privacy settings under "iDrive Settings" to enable 3D view, but this option is missing from my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #62
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep

Embedded Apps are gone!

Quote:
Thanks a lot for that Nosnoop!!

I was surprised to get a notification from the BMW Connected today, saying I should leave in 9 min to be on time for my medical's appointment. It is pretty interesting as the App reads your calendar, contacts, etc:

Name:  image1.4.jpeg
Views: 844
Size:  75.0 KB

It looks like BMW Canada Customer Service understood my request and the Internet services and Concierge are back in my vehicle's Connected Drive!

The Connection Assistant was not available in my car when the Internet was re-activated. In fact, I wrote a long post about it as I was disappointed to see the old Apps such as Webradio and ECO PRO Analyser were gone.

Name:  image2.jpeg
Views: 801
Size:  264.1 KB

But, I returned to my car to do something else and the Connection Assistant was back! Sorry about that.

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 876
Size:  416.1 KB

Great job BMW!!! It looks great, and there are way more Apps there including the much hoped for M Laptimer!!

Name:  image3.jpeg
Views: 1321
Size:  375.8 KB

Last edited by rogermach5; 08-20-2018 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Connection Assistant is back!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 04:25 PM   #63
GC4UrMom
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i GC

I can't seem to create a us itune account and my itune account has balance on it so can't switch region. Since after the switch to the new connect drive backend none of the remote nor map work for me. Is there a way to get the new bmw connected app even it's beta?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #64
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmusic View Post
It calls me Mike
Mine calls me Coral
      08-20-2018, 10:52 PM   #65
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDrivingManiac View Post
Mine calls me Coral
Hi Guys,

When you say the App calls you something; do you mean the name on the upper left corner as in the image below?

Name:  Image-1.png
Views: 823
Size:  274.8 KB

Or does your App actually "talk" to you, like Siri?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 01:48 AM   #66
McQueen2014
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermach5 View Post
Quote:
Thanks a lot for that Nosnoop!!

I was surprised to get a notification from the BMW Connected today, saying I should leave in 9 min to be on time for my medical's appointment. It is pretty interesting as the App reads your calendar, contacts, etc:

Attachment 1884758

It looks like BMW Canada Customer Service understood my request and the Internet services and Concierge are back in my vehicle's Connected Drive!

The Connection Assistant was not available in my car when the Internet was re-activated. In fact, I wrote a long post about it as I was disappointed to see the old Apps such as Webradio and ECO PRO Analyser were gone.

Attachment 1884783

But, I returned to my car to do something else and the Connection Assistant was back! Sorry about that.

Attachment 1884782

Great job BMW!!! It looks great, and there are way more Apps there including the much hoped for M Laptimer!!

Attachment 1884784
Did you call in, or they just fixed it miraculously?
Appreciate 0