F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Gas and electricity prices
Extreme Powerhouse

07-28-2022, 06:06 AM   #155
AndyMD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Golf R 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY340i View Post
Do you have a link to the scheme name?
This was my council's scheme, but just google your council and solar scheme

https://solartogether.co.uk/westsussex/home

The company who did the install are Infinity Renewables - Google reviews are mixed, trust pilot reviews are good. Most niggles are with the 3rd party scaffold company.

https://infinity-renewables.com/

Currently learnt a lesson
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 07:59 AM   #156
Armaan
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktemplar View Post
I fixed with EDF in September 2021 for two years, at 18.12p for Electricity and 3.413p for Gas per kWh. Hopefully things will have calmed down a bit by next Autumn, but I suspect this is going to rumble on for a while as Europe struggles to adjust its energy strategies.
Fixed mine in October 2021 for 2 years at 25p electric and 6p gas…just shows what a month did when this crisis started.

At some point surely, the government has to step in and do something.

Thankful for the timing of our fixed renewal!

Armaan
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 08:17 AM   #157
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaan View Post
Fixed mine in October 2021 for 2 years at 25p electric and 6p gas…just shows what a month did when this crisis started.

Armaan
Timing is everything. We were with one of the “green” energy providers that got taken over by EDF and this offer was available soon after the switch. As it happens I’d already been looking at trends in the energy markets, and Martin Lewis was strongly advocating taking as long a fixed rate offer as you could get - I guess he and others saw the clusterfuck of the increased price cap approaching, though no-one could’ve predicted Mad Vlad’s invasion of Ukraine and the consequent impact on gas & oil supplies.

And as for Government stepping in - at the risk of straying into ‘verboten’ territory, the current chumocracy doesn’t give a flying fuck about ordinary people, and have no concept of the impact of inflation and energy price hikes in the real world. So long as their mates can continue lining their pockets and paying out shareholder dividends to their other mates, nothing more than weasel words will be offered by this cabinet of millionaires…

Last edited by Blacktemplar; 07-28-2022 at 08:22 AM..
Appreciate 2
Armaan714.50
G50954.50
      07-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #158
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

I'm still lucky enough to be on a fixed rate from July last year, with electric at 19.9p a unit and gas at 4.32p a unit. I've got another year of these rates which means that fixed tariff was timed to perfection but it does mean that the shafting next year is going to be substantial, just got to make the most of it and build up as much credit as I possibly can.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #159
Armaan
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktemplar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaan View Post

Armaan
Timing is everything. We were with one of the “green” energy providers that got taken over by EDF and this offer was available soon after the switch. As it happens I’d already been looking at trends in the energy markets, and Martin Lewis was strongly advocating taking as long a fixed rate offer as you could get - I guess he and others saw the clusterfuck of the increased price cap approaching, though no-one could’ve predicted Mad Vlad’s invasion of Ukraine and the consequent impact on gas & oil supplies.

And as for Government stepping in - at the risk of straying into ‘verboten’ territory, the current chumocracy doesn’t give a flying fuck about ordinary people, and have no concept of the impact of inflation and energy price hikes in the real world. So long as their mates can continue lining their pockets and paying out shareholder dividends to their other mates, nothing more than weasel words will be offered by this cabinet of millionaires…
Exactly the same as me…went to shop around just after I got the renewal and watched one of his clips on fixed rates and what is best to do.

I waited a week and fixed it 10% higher than then, with the majority of other suppliers not even quoting.

Govt are living in a land of their own as you say - we pay to warm No.10 after all!

Armaan
Appreciate 0