F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Dealer quoted me 10 hours to install the M Performance Brake kit
proTUNING Freaks

04-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #89
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jww///95 View Post
Happy to help -- let's compare notes after you install. I think I'm going to get another set for the f80.
This is what I have so far. I really don't feel like retyping the entire review here so here ya go I will update once again when I hit 1,000 miles on these pads.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1371531
      06-05-2018, 11:16 AM   #90
aps
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post
That's because the backing/dust plates that come with the kit are to be used on the lower tier models such as 328i, 320i etc.. They come with smaller brakes and a smaller rear axle. If you put the front dust plates on say a 235i/335i/435i from the BBK you would be installing the exact same plate size and fit.

The rear "black" dust plate that comes in every BBK kit won't even fit an 235i/335i/435i as the axle is bigger and the plate mounting points are just simply smaller. The plate just has a larger diameter to accommodate the bigger rotors of the bbk on lower series cars than 35i etc.

35i sportline and m sport line cars already come with larger brakes and the bigger dust plates no need to change them. I indeed did not know this when I was doing it and I tried like hell to make the rear backing plate fit and it simply would not! It took me a while to realize and understand the mounting diameter on the dust plates the "black" ones mounting point is smaller than my rear axle from my 335i.

Hope this all makes sense it can get confusing.

And for the record for me I took about 4.5-5 hours to the entire BBK and that's using jacks, bleeding and VO coding. The 10 hour labor from a dealer is insane. It does make sense if they have to pull rear hubs.

Good Luck
Does this mean if I have a 335i M Sport (pre 7/13 build), I don't need to bother with the backing plate piece?

Is there somewhere to confirm this with my VIN?
Appreciate 0