F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > P0172 CEL 328i 2013 n20
GetBMWParts

01-18-2024, 07:46 PM   #1
VIALZZ
Rep
Drives: 328i

P0172 CEL 328i 2013 n20

Wsp guys i need help with this.

Im not an expert and im trying to learn and fix the problems of my 328i, already did some basic work to it and have decent tools.

A few weeks ago i started having a problem when starting the car or when being in a red light, the idle is very rough. Some days after CEL on.

I checked with a scanner, code p0172. (System too rich bank 1)
I dont have too much of a budget to spend on it so i dont want to buy parts that aren’t really the problem.

This car its my daily and i put a lot of mileage on it.

I checked some posts, the only thing i did for now was to clean the MAF with maf cleaner but didn’t fix the problem, also I dont know what the value of the maf needs to be on idle. Also notice that the values of stft and ltft are weird?

I would appreciate any help, im starting on this world of cars 🤣
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 09:32 PM   #2
M3_V8_PWR
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIALZZ View Post
Wsp guys i need help with this.

Im not an expert and im trying to learn and fix the problems of my 328i, already did some basic work to it and have decent tools.

A few weeks ago i started having a problem when starting the car or when being in a red light, the idle is very rough. Some days after CEL on.

I checked with a scanner, code p0172. (System too rich bank 1)
I dont have too much of a budget to spend on it so i dont want to buy parts that aren’t really the problem.

This car its my daily and i put a lot of mileage on it.

I checked some posts, the only thing i did for now was to clean the MAF with maf cleaner but didn’t fix the problem, also I dont know what the value of the maf needs to be on idle. Also notice that the values of stft and ltft are weird?

I would appreciate any help, im starting on this world of cars 🤣
Too much fuel and not enough air, check your air filter see if it’s not too dirty or clogging up causing not enough air to go into the engine, check spark plugs if they are too worn out fuel won’t ignite consistently or worst case could be a leaking injector causing extra fuel.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 01:03 PM   #3
VIALZZ
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_V8_PWR View Post
Too much fuel and not enough air, check your air filter see if it’s not too dirty or clogging up causing not enough air to go into the engine, check spark plugs if they are too worn out fuel won’t ignite consistently or worst case could be a leaking injector causing extra fuel.

Air filter its good, i dont see any intake leaks, sparks are relatively new, im in between the maf sensor, injector or hpfp 💀also coils are new
Appreciate 0