F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Turn off your radio
Studio RSR

08-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #23
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
When you mentioned "battery protection kicks in", it got me thinking........ Maybe the car is clever enough to switch the radio off immediately on turning the car off if it detects a low battery? So it may not be a worry.
Yes, you'll get something like this:

Mine occurred due to a discharge caused by a comfort access fault, but similar for low battery, in that consumers are switched off to protect for an engine start up.

Should also get a message on the Check Control, if the battery has been discharged to a level where the energy management takes over, identifying the issue. A discharge fault or "battery charge low", with something like "charge by driving for longer periods or use external charger. Functions requiring battery will be switched off".

My car gave the discharge while stationary warning. As it had a continuous power drain.

Appreciate 2
dopper993528.00
      08-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #24
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

^^^ there we go then. The OP need not worry

Seems some smart electronics are at work here.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2018, 12:00 PM   #25
graham8728
Rep
Drives: F30 335d x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous_al View Post
Same here, code it to turn the radio off when the car door is opened, and while you are in there, code stop/start to remember last setting
Apologies for my ignorance (new to this forum and just bought my F30), but how do you ‘code’ it to do this?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 04:31 PM   #26
Kendo67
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Me - 440i , Dog - Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham8728 View Post
Apologies for my ignorance (new to this forum and just bought my F30), but how do you ‘code’ it to do this?
Bimmercode app and a bluetooth OBD adapter.

The app is a free download , but costs £27 to unlock it in order to code your car. The OBD adapter is around £20 from Amazon.

I did my F32 a few days ago and it was super easy.

I also coded : Alarm Bleeps , RR Warning sounds , Tyre Temps , Volume PopUp , Start Animation , Video via USB , Rear Camera Zoom. Ambient Lighting , Angel Eye brightness , Shut off nav (doors) , LED lights in reverse , Mirror Tilt in reverse, Digi Speed in cluster , M Perf Logo in cluster.

Kenny

Last edited by Kendo67; 10-21-2018 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2018, 04:44 PM   #27
SynTom
IAM Roadsmart Fellow
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Coupé

I sit in my garage for literally HOURS in my car with leather cleaner and what not (Opal White Extended Merino), not the easiest leather to contend with, cleaning the car.

Always have the radio or Bluetooth on, the car eventually shouts at me, tells me to pack it all in. This usually takes about 3 hours with radio on, 4 cameras running and lights on.

All in all these systems are good, a good drive and the alternator does its magic and everything's back to normal. I wouldn't worry about battery drain, I'd be more worried about the stealership cleaning my car!!!

They've already damaged the leather, a TPMS sensor and an alloy wheel, the less time they spend around the car, the better.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 03:29 AM   #28
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

Been meaning to code this to turn off when the door is open for ages....

Bad enough when the volume isnt even that loud people can hear what you are listening too really clearly... but even more annoying when i park up at work and open the door - the whole car park can hear it!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #29
graham8728
Rep
Drives: F30 335d x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo67 View Post
Quote:
Apologies for my ignorance (new to this forum and just bought my F30), but how do you 'code' it to do this?

The app is a free download , but costs £27 to unlock it in order to code your car. The OBD adapter is around £20 from Amazon.

I also coded : Alarm Bleeps , RR Warning sounds , Tyre Temps , Volume PopUp , Start Animation , Video via USB , Rear Camera Zoom. Ambient Lighting , Angel Eye brightness , Shut off nav (doors) , LED lights in reverse , Mirror Tilt in reverse, Digi Speed in cluster , M Perf Logo in cluster.

Kenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo67 View Post
Quote:
Apologies for my ignorance (new to this forum and just bought my F30), but how do you 'code' it to do this?

Kenny
Thanks for the info Kenny. 👍
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 04:08 PM   #30
Pequin
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Enthusiastically

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
And that would be annoying if you didn't want everything shut down. I think the present way works fine. I've never had an issue with it in over 11 years of driving BMWs with the push button ignition.
^^
What they both said.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #31
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
And that would be annoying if you didn't want everything shut down. I think the present way works fine. I've never had an issue with it in over 11 years of driving BMWs with the push button ignition.
^^
What they both said.
Agree - pity the OP never did a poll, I'd like to have seen the outcome of giving that to BMW
Appreciate 0