F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > This is the problem...
proTUNING Freaks

08-19-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
Zippee
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CP SMB

This is the problem...

Police and council sorry for 'victim-blaming' tweet

The tweet Merseyside Police put out seemed quite reasonable, sensible advice to me.

The outrage bus seems to be jammed pack full of SJW's, feminists and other hangers-on suggesting that Merseyside Police were blaming the victims of rape and were 'insensitive'.

Quote:
The "only person ever responsible" is the rapist, the statement continued.
Completely agree. But... There will always be rapists.

As there will always be fire. Preventing yourself getting burned by not being a tit and ensuring those around you stop you from shoving your hand in the flame could be considered a simile.

Ironically most of those criticising the Police will never be in a position to get raped due to being fat carpet munching, blue-haired screeching feminist harridans.

The sensible steps the Police advised appears to offend those who get confused with human rights, freedom, individuality and just doing what the fuck you want without thought. Sure, dress up like a tart, get totally shitfaced, lose the ability to make sensible decisions, fall over in the street. You have just become a victim because your friends haven't bothered to keep an eye on you.

Fat feminists; have a go at your 'sisters' for having no dignity whatsoever.
Appreciate 2
Wills28654.50
      08-19-2018, 08:25 AM   #2
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i RWD

I also think many of these rapes are actually women far too pissed to say no who just go along with it then in the morning have an epic case of regret
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

4min onwards. (Taking back consent)

The irony
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 08:30 AM   #4
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

I think I will keep out of this one.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #5
1966-TR4
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F31 330D xDrive MPPK ACS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
I also think many of these rapes are actually women far too pissed to say no who just go along with it then in the morning have an epic case of regret
Presumably if they are too pissed to say no, they are too pissed to say yes?

Gone but not forgotten: 1967 Triumph GT6 Mk1 (6 pot 2 litre widowmaker) 1966 Triumph TR4A (4 pot 2.2 litre, huge torque, lovely car) 2004 Audi TT 3.2 DSG Quattro (weak springs & nose heavy) 2006 VW Golf GTI (brilliant on good tyres)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #6
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966-TR4 View Post
Presumably if they are too pissed to say no, they are too pissed to say yes?
You'd think so yes but I'm 99.9% sure you've done some fucked up shit whilst pissed.
I'd say a few of these cases are that + regret.

I know this first hand with a very close friend.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #7
1966-TR4
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F31 330D xDrive MPPK ACS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
You'd think so yes but I'm 99.9% sure you've done some fucked up shit whilst pissed.
I'd say a few of these cases are that + regret.

I know this first hand with a very close friend.
Big difference between one or both parties having beer goggles on, and penetrating a woman who is not able to indicate if she wants you to or not.

Did your close friend falsely claim rape?

Gone but not forgotten: 1967 Triumph GT6 Mk1 (6 pot 2 litre widowmaker) 1966 Triumph TR4A (4 pot 2.2 litre, huge torque, lovely car) 2004 Audi TT 3.2 DSG Quattro (weak springs & nose heavy) 2006 VW Golf GTI (brilliant on good tyres)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 10:54 AM   #8
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

She sure as shit did.

Dragged someone I know through court and then decided at the last minute to drop charges.

For clarity she was/is still a very close friend. He was a friend.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #9
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

If they can’t consent it’s rape. No second question. So if they are too shit faced to know what they are doing it is construed as rape. The case then is about proving how drunk they were or weren’t...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 12:09 PM   #10
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

so do we say that people who do stupid shit whilst drunk doesn't really matter as much because they was shitfaced?

Why did gary smash up that car? Oh. He was drunk. He didnt say no to his mates so he just joined in. Fair play gary! fair play.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #11
Zippee
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CP SMB

The aim of my post was not the actual fact of rape or whether its regretted consent the next morning. No person deserves to be raped in any circumstance.

My point is the outraged have demanded the Police retract and apologise for causing offence with the tweet they posted. Because they are too dumb to realise the Police are actually about prevention hence them trying to prevent certain situations where a female (predominantly) will put herself at greater risk. It is not about blaming the potential victim for her actions and in turn releasing the rapist from his crime. The wailers seem to think the Police are in some way saying 'She got pissed, dressed in a manner that meant she was asking for it so its the victims fault for getting raped'. Thats not how I read their advice.

Using the fire analogy again. If the Fire Brigade posted a tweet warning people who were pissed 'not to play with fire and if your mate is pissed and playing with fire, stop them'. It would be received as stating the bleedin obvious and simple common sense.

I'm simply observing yet another example of individuals and groups who remonstrate at the slightest thing forcing the Police to 'apologise for causing distress'.

When did hurting someone's feelings become as important as murder?
Appreciate 4
      08-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #12
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Because people feel it is their god given right to go out and get smashed off their face and nothing happen to them.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #13
4WDriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31/F-Type 3.0

So, you left your car unlocked, your friends maybe or maybe not noticed but didn't step in. Then an opportunist entered said car and stole your possessions, you'd firstly be told it's your fault and secondly not be insured. The lock it or lose it campaign plus many other posters springs to mind?? The thief is still guilty but you perhaps lacked diligence. You, the victim, aren't to blame but could have helped yourself with a little thought. The insurance company however, does blame you partially and you pay financially. Just sayin'

When it comes to Friday night in Liverpool and you lose control of yourself it's not in any way your fault if you lay yourself open to an opportunist. Your friends seem now not to be encouraged to tell you to protect yourself. The rapist is most definitely guilty but it according to the protesters here your lack of due diligence isn't in any way a contributory factor and you have the right to drink yourself into the ground without further consequence. I am not going to lower myself to insurance company levels but a campaign to "encourage" self protection is surely a good thing. No?
Appreciate 3
Zippee363.50
430GH74.50
      08-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #14
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_M4CP View Post
The aim of my post was not the actual fact of rape or whether its regretted consent the next morning. No person deserves to be raped in any circumstance.

My point is the outraged have demanded the Police retract and apologise for causing offence with the tweet they posted. Because they are too dumb to realise the Police are actually about prevention hence them trying to prevent certain situations where a female (predominantly) will put herself at greater risk. It is not about blaming the potential victim for her actions and in turn releasing the rapist from his crime. The wailers seem to think the Police are in some way saying 'She got pissed, dressed in a manner that meant she was asking for it so its the victims fault for getting raped'. Thats not how I read their advice.

Using the fire analogy again. If the Fire Brigade posted a tweet warning people who were pissed 'not to play with fire and if your mate is pissed and playing with fire, stop them'. It would be received as stating the bleedin obvious and simple common sense.

I'm simply observing yet another example of individuals and groups who remonstrate at the slightest thing forcing the Police to 'apologise for causing distress'.

When did hurting someone's feelings become as important as murder?
I live on Merseyside and have seen that tweet before and also the response, I agree with you 100%.

I showed it to my wife this evening and she agrees that it is a responsible thing for them to tweet and in no way do they have anything to apologise for.

The problem is that the vast majority of people are of very simple intelligence and if they see a social media bandwagon they will make sure they’re on it.

In my opinion it’s more about stupidity than anything else.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 04:22 AM   #15
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Used to work in a team of 'street pastor' in Nuneaton many moons ago. Give smashed girls flip flops if they had no shoes. Some female volunteers helped to walk some girls home. We never went into homes. Putting this out there if anyone is interested. Many other ways to volunteer if anyone wants to.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 05:20 AM   #16
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I wonder how many of you have been so drunk they've actually missed a few hours from an evening. I know I have. I know many people who have.

Do you think that you stop existing and say/do nothing during that period.
I've done a number of really stupid things whilst wasted.

Maybe they DID say yes whilst totally wasted. Maybe they thought it'd be a good idea.

I know many cases are not like this but there must be a large number that are.
Appreciate 0