F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Little one on the way
Studio RSR

11-02-2016, 12:04 PM   #1
DanITman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Little one on the way

My wife and I are expecting our first child in June. This is one of many reasons that I bought the GT. Any recommendations on car seats I should look at? I'm interested in your opinion.

I also wouldn't mind talking seat covers or anything else you use to protect the leather seats.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
liveevil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 320i GT

I would get a car seat that swivel 360 degree. It is so much easier to put the baby into a car seat.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 05:36 AM   #3
Jed Flash
Rep
Drives: 320i GT Xdrive

Good choice of car.

I purchased my GT when we were expecting our first child 16 months ago, my wife has always said i was more excited i could get a new car then the baby.

Anyway we had this seat and base until Jess was 6 months

http://www.maxi-cosi.co.uk/gb-en/car...familyfix.aspx

http://www.maxi-cosi.co.uk/gb-en/car-seats/pebble.aspx

Then we purchased the 360o Swivel seat

http://www.maxi-cosi.co.uk/gb-en/car...739.1478168919

Im not sure if you have isofix in the US but the base for the pebble seat clips directly into the 2 ISO fix points in the seat. You can still have the seats back as far as they go and still don't impede on the baby seat behind.

The 360o swivel seat has the additional top strap 3rd isofix fixing and the 3GT has this on the back of the seat.

I wish i had got a protector for the leather but to be honest the inprint of the seat itself is there and i mat would not have helped this.

You can get everything you need for a child in the boot of this beast of a car and on the occasion you might need to travel in the rear the leg room is great.

Only downsides are the windows in rear are an odd size for sun blinds so get the tint windows and the width on the back seat isnt great for an ISOfix car seat and 2 adults.

Oh well baby number 2 on the way now and the cars coming into its own for travel and all the bits you need.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 07:22 AM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

For an infant get a seat that easily goes in and out of the car with the kid already strapped into the seat, so instead of carrying the kid to and from the car you carry the occupied seat. The best style has a base that's semi-permanently installed in the car, so when you put the carrier in it simply locks in place on the base, with a minimum of fuss. For instance:
https://www.amazon.com/Graco-SnugRid...2B35%2BLX&th=1

This model also offers a stroller attachment, so the kid stays in the same seat in the car and the stroller.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #5
granCLop
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi GT

Congrats on your upcoming arrival!

Clek! It's highly rated and one of the longest rear facing capacity seats available. It's also very slim, able to fit three across, or two side by side with an adult in back. There is also an infant insert so you don't need an infant car seat. The fabric is also as free of flame retardants as possible, if that's something you're concerned about.

They have a seat protector that I wish was available when we purchased ours; we have permanent indentations in the leather. We've had bodily fluids of all kinds, nothing that baby wipes couldn't take care of.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 03:59 AM   #6
stevethegreatgolfer
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 M Sport 2.01 x drive

Did I just happen across a Mothercare Forum? (That's a baby shop in UK).
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 03:21 AM   #7
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanITman View Post
Any recommendations on car seats I should look at?
This is the one we have now. http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/advansafix-ii-sict/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanITman View Post
I also wouldn't mind talking seat covers or anything else you use to protect the leather seats.
Don't have anything protecting the leather, I do take the seat out often enough to clean and I haven't noticed any damage...
Appreciate 0