F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
ARMA SPEED

11-01-2020, 07:48 PM   #2905
Silver20
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Hello. I'm new to all this. I have an PX6 CCC in my e92. It works very well just wondering if there is an update or something to make idrive controller work in apps? It's works fine on home screen etc. Tia.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #2906
phatsua
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

I also have not found a fix... i think we need to dig more and ask on the russian forum where the original image file is found...

In the meantime I have bought a carlink adaptor and use the HU as a screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader1970 View Post
@vila84 @phatsua I have a Px3 with 2GB. Upgraded now GPS is not working. All other functions are fine.

Am unable to revert to any other image. It is as if the USB drive with px3.img is not detected. Any suggestions to help downgrade?

Using ADB command is it possible to flash a new image?

Any other solution? I am really kicking myself for not checking on the comments before upgrading
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 04:41 AM   #2907
ubalcha
Spain
Rep
Drives: F33

Hi.
I have a px6 8.1 unit and I would like to know what I have to do to hear the gps navigator instructions and listen to the car radio at the same time.
According to the gps navigator that I use, some navigators can be heard at the same time as the radio and others cannot and I don't know what the reason may be.
Do I have to select any spatial option in factory setting?
Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 09:14 AM   #2908
ktutza2006
Rep
Drives: BMW E92, VW Touareg

Hi everyone,

I have a f30 navigation, PX3, android 7.1
MCUVer 035242bYC-NBT-HW7-190525

Can someone help me with some wiring pinouts? I don't have the wiring harness from the car to the navigation. someone stole it, broke the wires, and i only recovered the navigation.
I have the part of the harness that is between original car connector and original nav.

I found power and ground, i can start it, but i don't know where to put canbus wires for controller and the rest to work.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 08:25 AM   #2909
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 XDrive20d

Hi, Zonteck sent me a newer update for px3 android 7.1.1
If anyone is interested, I will share here.
Bye
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 02:07 AM   #2910
ktutza2006
Rep
Drives: BMW E92, VW Touareg

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenRed View Post
Bye

Hi,
I would be interested, please share it. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 07:16 AM   #2911
Benjimanau
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Has anyone managed to get a CHAMP2 head unit working successfully with one of these Android displays? I have the head unit with a combox.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 03:48 PM   #2912
thecos
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i E46

My unit no longer works in android mode. Only backup cam works and that canbus screen that shows fuel and speed. First pic was of info screen when it was all working, for reference.

Anyone manage to come back from this type of failure or is this junk now? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 12:34 PM   #2913
z3xas
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Hello everyone,

Have BMW Android with rockchip px3, unit stuck on "BMW Connected drive" logo, how I can repair it please help
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 11:35 PM   #2914
_Di_
Registered
Rep
Drives: E83

Quote:
Bye
Of course, it's interesting to post here if possible.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 11:29 AM   #2915
Syne
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Might as well try my luck here as I have 0 technical background with these units.
I have a resolution problem on my unit.
Within the Idrive menu the resolution of background images is not ok + letters appear to be purple. Android menu is fine.
I have tried to enter factory settings and adjust Car Type but with no luck (I have tried them all). Is there any other thing I have to adjust.

Thanks !

Last edited by Syne; 02-10-2021 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 04:39 PM   #2916
Kapsona
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 328i. BMW e82 128i

Guys need your suggestion. My car comes from factory without OEM monitor head unit. I installed AVIN android unit, I also ordered and installed iDrive controller form AVIN. Problem is that, iDrive controller very poor quality, also it doesn’t have main button tilting features it only rolling.

I’m wandering can I use OEM iDrive controller instead of that AVIN trash? I tried to understand how to connect it, because AVIN iDrive controller have 5 pin socket. BMW OEM iDrive controller have 4 pin socket.

Does anyone tried and use OEM iDrive on AVIN head units?

Regards
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 11:16 AM   #2917
Renzke
Rep
Drives: 335i N54

BMW Headunit - Use Tasker Easy

Dear together,

I have a CCC Android 8.1 Unit with an USB DAC attached (Meizu Hifi). My problem was that the volume was always set to about 25% after reboot (not sure if it's a behaviour of the DAC or the headunit). I'm not rooted. Tasker was not working because it was not starting together with Android.

I installed an app from XDA. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s...4102439/page-3). I changed the source code to start already 1s after the USB intent was recognized (which is triggered by the attached USB-C DAC). It's working nicely. I would post the changed app but I'm not sure if this is allowed by the developer. In tasker I change the volume by "Monitor Start" of tasker itself.

Anyway another problem is that the Bluetooth call is always using the orignal AUX output of the headunit. I use a Y Splitter cable. It doesn't affect my sound output quality as far as I can say (or not noticeable) of the DAC but it clearly affects the output of the unit in case I use it for a bluetooth call. I ordered another USB-C DAC...maybe this one reacts different. I think the DAC has a really low impendance which is maybe a little bit hard for the headunit...Maybe I will also play a little bit with some resistors. If somebody is interested I can report.

So far it's working good and the sound quality noticeable improved.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 04:44 AM   #2918
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzke View Post
Dear together,

I have a CCC Android 8.1 Unit with an USB DAC attached (Meizu Hifi). My problem was that the volume was always set to about 25% after reboot (not sure if it's a behaviour of the DAC or the headunit). I'm not rooted. Tasker was not working because it was not starting together with Android.

I installed an app from XDA. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s...4102439/page-3). I changed the source code to start already 1s after the USB intent was recognized (which is triggered by the attached USB-C DAC). It's working nicely. I would post the changed app but I'm not sure if this is allowed by the developer. In tasker I change the volume by "Monitor Start" of tasker itself.

Anyway another problem is that the Bluetooth call is always using the orignal AUX output of the headunit. I use a Y Splitter cable. It doesn't affect my sound output quality as far as I can say (or not noticeable) of the DAC but it clearly affects the output of the unit in case I use it for a bluetooth call. I ordered another USB-C DAC...maybe this one reacts different. I think the DAC has a really low impendance which is maybe a little bit hard for the headunit...Maybe I will also play a little bit with some resistors. If somebody is interested I can report.

So far it's working good and the sound quality noticeable improved.
That is a nice try !!!
If you have the knowledge to make the idrive knob to work with all the system and not only the native apps it would be great !!
That is the only issue with our units !!!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 06:45 PM   #2919
Mistatim
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 alpina d3

Hi everyone

Guys did buy HU like a week ago, everything was working fine, but 2 days earlier i have lost option on my main screen "Car device" wich send me to original bmw settings, now i have Settings up there, and cant find anything to let me go to original CCC settings. Factory reset isnt doing anything. :/
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 03:52 PM   #2920
Anton525IA
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 e83

MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
Update
I found the correct pads .
This is a photo from the board with the correct pads waiting for cable soldering !
https://mega.nz/file/lRp3DILb#FghV8r...80oNEXAWTlCLzU
I was looking in a different spot on the board !

Now i am waiting for @__fred__ to send me the correct bootloader and MCU to continue with the task !
I hope with his help to have success !

I do not know if he is still active in that forum but i really need his help or if anyone knows the procedure how to adapt the custom bootloader and then the MCU file into the st32 chip !!

I have already ordered this programmer to be ready for flashing .
https://grobotronics.com/stm-program...ini.html?sl=en
I hope is the correct one for the job !
Is it ? Does anyone know ?

He did it and posted that in this post but i do not know what to do next
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2222

Any advice accepted friends !
Share your solution, whether it worked or not. A similar problem
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 07:00 AM   #2921
hburak
Rep
Drives: bmw f30

Quote:
Bye
Hi,
I would be interested, please share it. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 02:40 AM   #2922
grzesik33
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E87

Hi, I recently bought my first BMW, i.e. E87. I have purchased a GPS navigation on android for it. I have some problem. After buying the device to check if it works, I connected it to the BMW radio. At first the screen was flickering, but then it worked. So I started installing it in the car. After installing all the components, I connected the GPS device, but again, the screen started to flicker (picture 1). I've unplugged and replugged the cables several times, and finally the screen lights up and android does not start at all. Interestingly, when I put the car in reverse, the screen switches to the reversing camera properly. Has anyone of you encountered this problem?
Attached Images

Last edited by grzesik33; 12-29-2021 at 02:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 02:15 AM   #2923
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatsua View Post
any idea why when I try to update to a different firmware, the .img file in the root of the FAT32 usb stick, is not recognised anymore?
try rename the img file as "px3_ublox.img" it should work
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 02:18 AM   #2924
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatsua View Post
I also have not found a fix... i think we need to dig more and ask on the russian forum where the original image file is found...

In the meantime I have bought a carlink adaptor and use the HU as a screen
The same for me. GPS stopped working.
I have been able to revert to an older version but the GPS seems not working again. I'm looking for a differet factory.xml file because it changed and now also password has changed.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 11:45 AM   #2925
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:
The same for me. GPS stopped working.
I have been able to revert to an older version but the GPS seems not working again. I'm looking for a differet factory.xml file because it changed and now also password has changed.
I fixed simply downgrading with a px3.img image and factory.xml file that I've received years ago from the supplier.
Appreciate 1
Kri1083.50
      01-26-2022, 11:05 AM   #2926
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Is there a kind anyone that could help me or teach me how to do some little grammar corrections to the Italian language? I include in this message a small pdf with some of the edits I would like to do on my px3 image.
I don't know if it's possible but I wuold be glad to learn how to do.
Thank you all in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SUGGESTIONS FOR UPDATES ON SOFTWARE.pdf (1,001.5 KB, 146 views)
Appreciate 0