F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > VRSF CP
ARMA SPEED

01-11-2021, 04:32 PM   #1
cspinnnn
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Xdrive Sportline

Hey Everyone

I recently installed a VRSF chargepipe onto my N20 and i'm noticing i have a bit of a boost leak. everything seems tight and properly installed. the only thing is i'm not too sure if I installed the O Rings correctly.

i've attached some pics of how the O ring is installed right now and i'm hoping that someone who's done this install can take a look & see if I installed them correctly

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-11-2021, 08:18 PM   #2
06redralli
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspinnnn View Post
Hey Everyone

I recently installed a VRSF chargepipe onto my N20 and i'm noticing i have a bit of a boost leak. everything seems tight and properly installed. the only thing is i'm not too sure if I installed the O Rings correctly.

i've attached some pics of how the O ring is installed right now and i'm hoping that someone who's done this install can take a look & see if I installed them correctly

Thanks
I would like to know as well, as I'm getting ready to install this on my n20 and want to make sure I do it correctly.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 09:51 AM   #3
gzN26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i N26

NGL, vrsf has been known to have fitment issues. Do some research in the forums and you’ll see. For that reason i decided to spend the extra $ and go with Evolution Raceworks charge and turbo to intercooler pipping. No fitment issues on the throttle body or turbo. Paired that with a VRSF Intercooler and had no fitment issues.

Now, are you hearing any whining noises or do you have logs to prove a boost leak?
      01-12-2021, 11:10 AM   #4
cspinnnn
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzN26 View Post
NGL, vrsf has been known to have fitment issues. Do some research in the forums and you'll see. For that reason i decided to spend the extra $ and go with Evolution Raceworks charge and turbo to intercooler pipping. No fitment issues on the throttle body or turbo. Paired that with a VRSF Intercooler and had no fitment issues.

Now, are you hearing any whining noises or do you have logs to prove a boost leak?
unfortunately i didn't log it, but i figured out the issue, it wasn't the O rings. I took everything off and re installed, also tightened up the the screws for meth. I haven't hit a crazy amount of boost just yet but it feels a lot better and no noises appear.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 11:13 AM   #5
cspinnnn
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06redralli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cspinnnn View Post
Hey Everyone

Thanks
I would like to know as well, as I'm getting ready to install this on my n20 and want to make sure I do it correctly.
I took a look & the O rings are in correctly. I found a youtube video that is very detailed for the install. If you want i can link it so you can give it a watch. the only advice i can give you is make sure everything is extremely tight. ( Clamps, TMAP sensor screws, meth plug screws etc)
Appreciate 0