F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
ARMA SPEED

02-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #2949
jc2000
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hi,
Thank you i finally mange to update the firmware, but i found an issue after i update the firmware the ID 7 is working but the "Dashboard" Function the speed and engine RPM is not moving/working.
Can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel View Post
download this px6.zip file (last known - 22.7.2019), upload it to FAT32 USB stick, DO NOT UNZIP IT, insert into USB slot and restart HU. Wait.
https://mega.nz/#!ccNjFSJT!xxvAk4cSY...SPOqnXP-38zRqE

1. MCU is not Android.
2. Rockchip is not Snapdragon.
3. yours version of Android is 9, jc2000 s version of Android is 8
4. last version of yours Android 9 is 3.8.0
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 08:17 PM   #2950
aclearersky
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcherian View Post
Hi. I moved from Android 4.4 to the new SD625 4-64G Android 9.0 unit. The new Android 9.0 unit did not have power for the front camera coming directly from the unit. Initially I let it be and just connected the aftermarket reverse camera to the new unit. Everything was working fine and it was a big shift moving from 4.4 to 9.0 in terms of response and google maps holding up.

I then decided to see how I get the front camera connected which I had installed and connected to the Android 4.4 earlier. Since the Android 9.0 unit does not have additional power line to feed the front camera, I connected the front camera power also to the +12V red cable that feeds power from the unit for the reverse camera.

I seem to have done some wrong connection for the +12V (red) power connection from the Android unit to power the reverse camera. The reverse camera stopped working and it showed no signal error message when I shifted to reverse gear.

I thought I had probably shorted something inside the Android 9.0 Snapdragon 4 64 unit. So to double check I connected back the Android 4.4.4 that I had installed earlier. The reverse camera was still showing "no signal" message. The after market reverse camera was working fine earlier both on the new Android 9.0 Snapdragon and the old Android 4.4 unit.

Initially I thought the camera had gone bad and I ordered a new reverse camera but the problem persists with no signal error. Then I thought I could have blown some fuse in the car but that also is now ruled out.

I have run out of ideas to get the reverse camera to work. Everything else on the Android 9.0 is working fine.

Did anyone have a similar issue and were you able to get out of the issue? Appreciate if the experts can guide me. Thanks.
so not to ignore your post but how is the upgrade. Like is audio quality any better and is speed better? just trying to justify the upgrade from 4.4.4
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:40 AM   #2951
alex1991
Private
Rep
Drives: E84 2011

Quote:
Hi. I moved from Android 4.4 to the new SD625 4-64G Android 9.0 unit. The new Android 9.0 unit did not have power for the front camera coming directly from the unit. Initially I let it be and just connected the aftermarket reverse camera to the new unit. Everything was working fine and it was a big shift moving from 4.4 to 9.0 in terms of response and google maps holding up.

I then decided to see how I get the front camera connected which I had installed and connected to the Android 4.4 earlier. Since the Android 9.0 unit does not have additional power line to feed the front camera, I connected the front camera power also to the +12V red cable that feeds power from the unit for the reverse camera.

I seem to have done some wrong connection for the +12V (red) power connection from the Android unit to power the reverse camera. The reverse camera stopped working and it showed no signal error message when I shifted to reverse gear.

I thought I had probably shorted something inside the Android 9.0 Snapdragon 4 64 unit. So to double check I connected back the Android 4.4.4 that I had installed earlier. The reverse camera was still showing "no signal" message. The after market reverse camera was working fine earlier both on the new Android 9.0 Snapdragon and the old Android 4.4 unit.

Initially I thought the camera had gone bad and I ordered a new reverse camera but the problem persists with no signal error. Then I thought I could have blown some fuse in the car but that also is now ruled out.

I have run out of ideas to get the reverse camera to work. Everything else on the Android 9.0 is working fine.

Did anyone have a similar issue and were you able to get out of the issue? Appreciate if the experts can guide me. Thanks.
Quote:

Did you try to change settings in new unit (set to original camera)
And when you plug aftermarket camera you need to set your settings to aftermarket camera, and if you use power from reverse light then that is a another problem (not enough voltage)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 09:24 AM   #2952
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1991 View Post
And when you plug aftermarket camera you need to set your settings to aftermarket camera, and if you use power from reverse light then that is a another problem (not enough voltage)
I finally solved the problem. Realised that with whatever I had done earlier the +12V (red) power connection from the Android unit was not having power. So now I took a fuse tap from the boot side fuse box (fuse number 162). Powered both the front and reverse camera with this tap. Finally have both the front camera and the reverse camera working fine
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 09:42 AM   #2953
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclearersky View Post
so not to ignore your post but how is the upgrade. Like is audio quality any better and is speed better? just trying to justify the upgrade from 4.4.4
In my case I have to pull a cable from the armrest Aux port to the Android for sound (both for my old unit and the new unit). So audio quality I do not see a big difference but I am not an audiophile to notice subtle differences.

However there is a huge difference between the 4.4.4 and SD625 9.0. Some of the big changes that I have noticed are:
1. The system runs without any hitches. You can run multiple apps and you can transition between apps without any lag.
2. I could not get apps like Prime music etc to work and I would get the error message saying that I could not listen to the music as the unit was rooted (even though I did not root 4.4.4 unit).
3. I could not play Apple Music since 4.4.4 does not provide support for most of the songs (one could not play them on the unit).
4. Long and short on the apps front, all the apps that I have loaded work fine which include Prime Music, Prime Video, Apple Music, Spotify.
5. With the 4.4.4 I had problems with the accuracy of GPS and Google maps would suddenly go into searching for location very often. This then would stop music that I was playing in the background. In the new system although the antenna is exactly in the same position which is under the dash as recommended by DIY Guy, the lock in of GPS is superb. Google Maps works better on my SD625 than on my iPhone when I am inside the car and this is not an exaggeration.
6. The screen display quality is much better.
7. The new SW Version 3.8.3 (refer the other thread on Android 9.0 HU) provides for controlling within apps using idrive which means you need not touch the screen as often as you would on 4.4.4.

Like you I had debated about migrating to the new 9.0 unit but now that I have done the switch, I can say it is completely worth the money and effort in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 03:48 AM   #2954
alex1991
Private
Rep
Drives: E84 2011

Quote:
Quote:
I finally solved the problem. Realised that with whatever I had done earlier the +12V (red) power connection from the Android unit was not having power. So now I took a fuse tap from the boot side fuse box (fuse number 162). Powered both the front and reverse camera with this tap. Finally have both the front camera and the reverse camera working fine
Quote:
Quote:
glad to hear that.

Are they aftermarket cameras and how are they switching automatically?do you use China switch box
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #2955
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
glad to hear that.

Are they aftermarket cameras and how are they switching automatically?do you use China switch box
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
glad to hear that.

They are aftermarket cameras from AliExpress. For me the switching is happening for the reverse camera without any additional unit. I have a 2013 F30.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 11:52 PM   #2956
aclearersky
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
In my case I have to pull a cable from the armrest Aux port to the Android for sound (both for my old unit and the new unit). So audio quality I do not see a big difference but I am not an audiophile to notice subtle differences.

However there is a huge difference between the 4.4.4 and SD625 9.0. Some of the big changes that I have noticed are:
1. The system runs without any hitches. You can run multiple apps and you can transition between apps without any lag.
2. I could not get apps like Prime music etc to work and I would get the error message saying that I could not listen to the music as the unit was rooted (even though I did not root 4.4.4 unit).
3. I could not play Apple Music since 4.4.4 does not provide support for most of the songs (one could not play them on the unit).
4. Long and short on the apps front, all the apps that I have loaded work fine which include Prime Music, Prime Video, Apple Music, Spotify.
5. With the 4.4.4 I had problems with the accuracy of GPS and Google maps would suddenly go into searching for location very often. This then would stop music that I was playing in the background. In the new system although the antenna is exactly in the same position which is under the dash as recommended by DIY Guy, the lock in of GPS is superb. Google Maps works better on my SD625 than on my iPhone when I am inside the car and this is not an exaggeration.
6. The screen display quality is much better.
7. The new SW Version 3.8.3 (refer the other thread on Android 9.0 HU) provides for controlling within apps using idrive which means you need not touch the screen as often as you would on 4.4.4.

Like you I had debated about migrating to the new 9.0 unit but now that I have done the switch, I can say it is completely worth the money and effort in my opinion.
Thanks a lot. Im still on the fence because i only use the CarPlay adapter and have given up on using anything on there. But the audio quality is where i was hoping there was big improvement. I use the aux as well but its so flat compared to the stock radio. Your info has gotten me closer to a decision. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 12:54 PM   #2957
BF2142
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Hi all, I installed a 10.25 unit recently, no problems there, really pleased with it. But...I’ve been struggling to remove the SD card slot cover. Can anyone suggest how I do this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 08:35 PM   #2958
jaydaman93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw 328i xdrive

Garage List
does anyone know why the touchscreen functionality is not supported for oem headunit. I have an id6 headunit with touch functionality. i want to get an android screen but dont want to lose touch screen functionality with the oem id6 side. any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 12:15 PM   #2959
brunosouzapn
Rep
Drives: 328i

HI, I have the new snapdragon 1920x480 I think it's the newer version the password 1314 does not work, do you guys know the new password? thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #2960
Victor8490
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosouzapn View Post
HI, I have the new snapdragon 1920x480 I think it's the newer version the password 1314 does not work, do you guys know the new password? thanks
Hi, password is 070305
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 04:21 PM   #2961
brunosouzapn
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor8490 View Post
Hi, password is 070305

Thank you very much, my idrive screen was 8.8 strange to make it work I had to put 6.5 full screen version in android factory setings
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 06:28 PM   #2962
brunosouzapn
Rep

quick question, tyhis new version have a boot screen option with a few bmw options, but later the android letters appear in the screnn is it possible to remove the android image or extend with the previous bmw image???
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #2963
El Conquistador
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240 Vert - 6M as god intended

Do other wireless Android Auto adapters work?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 07:52 AM   #2964
husskad
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 M50D

Quote:
quick question, tyhis new version have a boot screen option with a few bmw options, but later the android letters appear in the screnn is it possible to remove the android image or extend with the previous bmw image???
hi you could try one of these boot up screens from here
https://mega.nz/#F!kbYFBS5C!gE-QFJoU...PxiJA!kKgH2Q4Z
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 10:04 PM   #2965
brunosouzapn
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by husskad View Post
hi you could try one of these boot up screens from here
https://mega.nz/#F!kbYFBS5C!gE-QFJoU...PxiJA!kKgH2Q4Z
Thanks for the link. Where I need to put this files, do I need Root? thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #2966
TiToyz
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by addikt View Post
Attaching a photo of my original LVDS. Is it CIC or NBT? Will this Android display and iDrive even work with it (so far, no)?

Edit: AVIN support confirms this is NBT, despite my factory display saying 'CIC' on the sticker ...
Hi,

Same thing for me .... avin say CIC despite the sticker ....
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 11:18 PM   #2967
TiToyz
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiToyz View Post
Hi,

Same thing for me .... avin say CIC despite the sticker ....
to sum up the situation

When i’m try to switch to bmw system, i have « no signal » but i have the sound and idrive works, steering wheel too.

When i’m on the android system, i have no sound, the idrive and steering wheel works.

i don’t have the same mainharness, i don’t have the CAN wire connection.like your photos …

maybe the problem is here ?

oh and avin say on the last mail : our engineers confirmed that your system is NBT system.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 05:44 AM   #2968
husskad
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 M50D

Quote:
Thanks for the link. Where I need to put this files, do I need Root? thanks
no you dont need root to load these files,just put the 2 files on the root of a usb thumb drive and start the unit and it should update automatically and once you reboot
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 01:38 AM   #2969
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by husskad View Post
no you dont need root to load these files,just put the 2 files on the root of a usb thumb drive and start the unit and it should update automatically and once you reboot
only for snapdragon can be ... because for PX6 Rockchip, you must be root to access System \ Media and place the files splash.img + bootanimation.zip = which correspond to your unit /!\

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 08:52 AM   #2970
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hey guys,

I've been trying to work with Avin about updating my 9.0 unit but I've been running into issues.

Every time I run the update, I only get 3 UI (NBT, EVO, and something else I can't remember)

Do we HAVE to upload the OEM file after installing a software update? When I upload the OEM file, the only UI I have is ID6. According to their pictures, I'm doing the update correctly. I don't have issues with the unit accepting my USB drive.

I keep getting the same copy and paste from AVIN which is starting to get irritating at this point. They said if the update was done successfully, I should have AV8 UI. Can someone post a picture of what this interface looks like?
Appreciate 0