F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Just Flashed BootMod3 Stage2 & Trans Tune!
GetBMWParts

08-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #1
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Just Flashed BootMod3 Stage2 & Trans Tune!

I just upgraded to the latest version of BootMod3 Stage2 N55 EWG 93 Octane. While I was at it, I finally upgraded to the flash tune for the 8-speed ZF automatic transmission.

Both flashes went smoothly. I took the car out for a cruise that included areas where I could safely open it up. Was very impressed with how smoothly the car revved and shifted in all driving modes. The car has never run better. Those tuning freaks do great work!

I also did something that I don't expect will be popular in this forum. I turned off all burbles. The car is a daily driver that I share with my wife and we live in a condo complex with close neighbors, many of the older folks have made various comments about our loud exhaust system. Had to see if this might keep especially my wife happy.

I gotta say that I like it more than I thought that I would. Now I no longer slow down at a red light sounding like an old dropped Toyota with an oversized muffler sticking out. But acceleration sounds incredible. I can really hear the pure engine sound through the Fabspeed catted downpipe and the M Performance Exhaust. Taking a long drive with my wife this weekend and I am anxious to see how the new flash tunes and new sound perform.
Appreciate 2
ali820271.50
exE36M3487.50
      08-11-2019, 12:26 AM   #2
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Yeah I have to agree the pops and burbles get a bit played out and embarrassing at times. Don't forget that the car does have a very small burble tuned from the factory. I'm not sure if turning them completely off is actually like OEM. There is an OEM setting as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 12:58 AM   #3
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Yeah I have to agree the pops and burbles get a bit played out and embarrassing at times. Don't forget that the car does have a very small burble tuned from the factory. I'm not sure if turning them completely off is actually like OEM. There is an OEM setting as well.
You are correct. Our car originally came with the MPPK tune, M Performance exhaust and the M Performance intake. The OEM tune has some amount of burbles built in.

I just first wanted to try it with burbles set completely to Off. I could go back to that OEM setting or I could set burbles to Off except for Sport+. Lots of options is a nice problem to have!

My wife and I took a 250 mile road trip today to ///MPACT at Pocono Raceway. The revised BM3 Stage2 93 Octane tune with the Transmission tune was smooth and powerful. The transmission shifted great. I really like the throttle responsiveness in Sport mode.

What an amazing event. I saw so many features and mods on so many cars that I have only seen in photos. Saw some Bimmers do in the 160's on the straightaway at Pocono. One 900hp N54 did 162mph with about 5 cameras mounted on it. Anxious to see the footage after they edit and post it on Instagram.

The scenery through the mountain roads was beautiful. Having the burbles turned off on our drive was a big hit with my wife and I. Although we definitely got our fill of burbles today at the track. Sad to say but the track today was one of the few places in America where exhaust "gun shots" didn't send people running for cover, like it should be!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats John, glad you are enjoying it

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 06:38 PM   #5
ali820
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 335i MPE 6sp Suzuka Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
You are correct. Our car originally came with the MPPK tune, M Performance exhaust and the M Performance intake. The OEM tune has some amount of burbles built in.

I just first wanted to try it with burbles set completely to Off. I could go back to that OEM setting or I could set burbles to Off except for Sport+. Lots of options is a nice problem to have!

My wife and I took a 250 mile road trip today to ///MPACT at Pocono Raceway. The revised BM3 Stage2 93 Octane tune with the Transmission tune was smooth and powerful. The transmission shifted great. I really like the throttle responsiveness in Sport mode.

What an amazing event. I saw so many features and mods on so many cars that I have only seen in photos. Saw some Bimmers do in the 160's on the straightaway at Pocono. One 900hp N54 did 162mph with about 5 cameras mounted on it. Anxious to see the footage after they edit and post it on Instagram.

The scenery through the mountain roads was beautiful. Having the burbles turned off on our drive was a big hit with my wife and I. Although we definitely got our fill of burbles today at the track. Sad to say but the track today was one of the few places in America where exhaust "gun shots" didn't send people running for cover, like it should be!
Would you say with burbles turned off It's exactly like it was before BM3 or even less burbly?

I'm in the same boat. I quite like the current overrun with MPPK and MPE. Don't need more especially when down pipe will make it louder anyways.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #6
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali820 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Would you say with burbles turned off It's exactly like it was before BM3 or even less burbly?

I'm in the same boat. I quite like the current overrun with MPPK and MPE. Don't need more especially when down pipe will make it louder anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali820 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I have it set to OFF right now so no burbles at all. But there is an OEM setting that that should give you the mild burbles that you have with the MPPK tune.

I drive mostly in Comfort and Sport depending on roads and traffic. It's only been a couple days with burbles set to zero. If I start to miss burbles I could play around with settings to have no burbles in Comfort and Sport, but maximum burbles in Sport+. Now that would be funny at a red light to switch to Sport+ with max burbles/pops with other cars on either side.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #7
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
I have it set to OFF right now so no burbles at all. But there is an OEM setting that that should give you the mild burbles that you have with the MPPK tune.

I drive mostly in Comfort and Sport depending on roads and traffic. It's only been a couple days with burbles set to zero. If I start to miss burbles I could play around with settings to have no burbles in Comfort and Sport, but maximum burbles in Sport+. Now that would be funny at a red light to switch to Sport+ with max burbles/pops with other cars on either side.
I only run burbles in Sport that way it's not over-used and can be "turned off" when not in the sport mode.
Appreciate 0