F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > First BMW
Extreme Powerhouse

03-14-2016, 10:24 PM   #1
dKNIGHT83
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive - 6 Speed

First BMW

Hi guys,

i'm sure there is plenty of thread about this but here another one!! I've been dreaming lately to get a 335Xdrive 6 speed.Been lurking on the forum for months and registered just lately ( so i can see pictures and stuff!!! ) and i do know i can't afford a brand new 335 or 340 now ( YES i went at the dealer to get disapointed to see the quote...) but now i am looking for a 2014 or 2013 with low mileage, or maybe a 2015 demo if the deal is good.... is there anything i should ask/look for and what price should i be looking for ( in canada ) for a well equiped model ( M package, with all the whistle and bell!!! )

I'm currently stock with a 2013 Acura TSX A-spec fully loaded, as everybody says to me your car is OK, but for me ( a real car guy ) i just feel that life is too short to wait and get what you want.

I got quoted a TLX Sh-Awd but i always drove 6speed car, i had a mazda Speed, Civic SI, now with the Acura... even if i'm crossing the bridge to go in town everyday, i just feel that automatic is sooooo borrrrrrrrrrrring!!!!

Any comments will be appreciated.

Laurent
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 11:00 PM   #2
Alano_Mpower
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bmw 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKNIGHT83 View Post
Hi guys,

i'm sure there is plenty of thread about this but here another one!! I've been dreaming lately to get a 335Xdrive 6 speed.Been lurking on the forum for months and registered just lately ( so i can see pictures and stuff!!! ) and i do know i can't afford a brand new 335 or 340 now ( YES i went at the dealer to get disapointed to see the quote...) but now i am looking for a 2014 or 2013 with low mileage, or maybe a 2015 demo if the deal is good.... is there anything i should ask/look for and what price should i be looking for ( in canada ) for a well equiped model ( M package, with all the whistle and bell!!! )

I'm currently stock with a 2013 Acura TSX A-spec fully loaded, as everybody says to me your car is OK, but for me ( a real car guy ) i just feel that life is too short to wait and get what you want.

I got quoted a TLX Sh-Awd but i always drove 6speed car, i had a mazda Speed, Civic SI, now with the Acura... even if i'm crossing the bridge to go in town everyday, i just feel that automatic is sooooo borrrrrrrrrrrring!!!!

Laurent

you will regret buying a bmw
Appreciate 3
      03-15-2016, 05:01 AM   #3
flyguy27
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328I Sportline

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Your 2013 TSX is fine, i will join that band wagon. If you must get a bmw, have you been on a test drive? Find out the exact specs and packages you need. These cars can be very disappointing if you dont get the right equipment. Never assume it comes with a feature just because its a bmw or you will be surprised and possibly regret your purchase.
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2016, 06:56 AM   #4
dKNIGHT83
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I have not yet testdrive one of these, but plan to do before i go any further!! In fact i need to pickup my car tomorrow at the dealer and will would love to try it there! (Hopefully)

Thanks for both of your reply!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 07:03 AM   #5
ErkanTR16
64-bit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Happy hunting my friend. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2016, 01:59 PM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy27 View Post
Your 2013 TSX is fine, i will join that band wagon. If you must get a bmw, have you been on a test drive? Find out the exact specs and packages you need. These cars can be very disappointing if you dont get the right equipment. Never assume it comes with a feature just because its a bmw or you will be surprised and possibly regret your purchase.
Great advice

I did the mistake of not getting all the options i wanted with my first BMW, hated the car and sold it for a $6000 loss after 6 months ... Got another BMW with all the options, im probably keeping it for a long time

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 02:59 PM   #7
TheRealEssad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xDrive

It's best to look at exactly which options are important to you, and you might have to look at ones you can live without. Acura gives their cars pretty much fully loaded as standard (except nav), so just make sure you do your research.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 07:17 PM   #8
donkey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 6MT M2

Try to find a leftover 2014 or 2015 model. I did that and got a brand new 335i 6MT for ~27% off sticker price, which was only a little bit more than the (very) lightly used alternatives I was looking at.

If you're looking for used cars with 30-50k+ miles on them, you may still find a better deal used, but since you also went looking for quotes on new, I'm assuming if it was just a bit cheaper you'd be able to swing it.

Last edited by donkey; 03-16-2016 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #9
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Hi guys,

Laurent
I don't believe you'll get the xdrive with 6 speed, only with auto. bmw.ca is your best bet to get what you want in your car, also check individual dealers websites and look through their inventories.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 10:16 PM   #10
dKNIGHT83
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Thanks for all the good comments guys!

Really appreciate it. Let's say i've found a brand new 2015 model in British-Columbia on BMW.ca, can my dealer in Montreal get that car from their inventory? if i can get a decent price off a brand new car i might think twice!!! As Drive335 said, THAT IS AN AMAZING IDEA, 27% off wow lucky bastard!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 11:19 PM   #11
BM57
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:

Really appreciate it. Let's say i've found a brand new 2015 model in British-Columbia on BMW.ca, can my dealer in Montreal get that car from their inventory? if i can get a decent price off a brand new car i might think twice!!! As Drive335 said, THAT IS AN AMAZING IDEA, 27% off wow lucky bastard!!!
Canbec or any of the other local dealers "may" do a dealer transfer but don't hold your breath. Someone has to pay the transport (it will be you not them) so maybe buying directly from the dealer in BC can be a consideration if you have to.

Do you want to lease or buy? Do you know how much you want to spend a month? Do you want to put any $ as a down payment? I'm asking because it makes a difference in how the transaction is financed.

You mentioned that you're stuck with your Acura. Did you buy your Acura? Did you try advertising it on Lespac, Kijiji, etc...?
If you leased, did you try putting it on Lease Busters?

I might be able to help you once you know exactly what you want.
      03-17-2016, 12:14 AM   #12
wheen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30

I remember buying a 2005 TSX 6MT in Toronto for $38.5 tax-in late spring 2005. Thought I loved it so much I'd drive it forever, then got twin-turbo envy when 2007 335i's came out. Eventually got a end-of-year (and end-of-model) E90 335i in Dec 2011 for a deal and had to settle for options it came with. 3.5 years of ragrets and now 6 mths into a 2015 335i msport perfectly optioned for me -- but still, i often find myself flipping through autotrader for resale price of near-new 335i, or how many M3s and Cayman S's are available near me.

It's a sickness....
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 07:37 AM   #13
dKNIGHT83
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheen
I remember buying a 2005 TSX 6MT in Toronto for $38.5 tax-in late spring 2005. Thought I loved it so much I'd drive it forever, then got twin-turbo envy when 2007 335i's came out. Eventually got a end-of-year (and end-of-model) E90 335i in Dec 2011 for a deal and had to settle for options it came with. 3.5 years of ragrets and now 6 mths into a 2015 335i msport perfectly optioned for me -- but still, i often find myself flipping through autotrader for resale price of near-new 335i, or how many M3s and Cayman S's are available near me.

It's a sickness....
I am just like that!! But im sure i would be ok for a long time with this one!!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 07:42 AM   #14
dKNIGHT83
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM57
Quote:

Canbec or any of the other local dealers "may" do a dealer transfer but don't hold your breath. Someone has to pay the transport (it will be you not them) so maybe buying directly from the dealer in BC can be a consideration if you have to.

Do you want to lease or buy? Do you know how much you want to spend a month? Do you want to put any $ as a down payment? I'm asking because it makes a difference in how the transaction is financed.

You mentioned that you're stuck with your Acura. Did you buy your Acura? Did you try advertising it on Lespac, Kijiji, etc...?
If you leased, did you try putting it on Lease Busters?

I might be able to help you once you know exactly what you want.
Thanks for your time and giving your thoughts on this! My car is a lease and my brother is dying to buy it from me!! He is waiting im ready to do my move!!

Depending on the price i can negotiate with the dealer, im considering of buying! I have 5k as a down payment.

Also, depending on the interest rate i would finance it on a 5 years term
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 03:25 PM   #15
BM57
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:
Thanks for your time and giving your thoughts on this! My car is a lease and my brother is dying to buy it from me!! He is waiting im ready to do my move!!

Depending on the price i can negotiate with the dealer, im considering of buying! I have 5k as a down payment.

Also, depending on the interest rate i would finance it on a 5 years term
Ok great, so you have a good home for the Acura and you have the $ issue sorted out. Once you finalize and decide the exact car you want (year, model, option list, colors, etc..) let me know if you have trouble finding one, and I'll see if I can help you using some sources of mine local to you. Keep in mind that not all cars are advertised and knowing people in the industry is an asset. Happy hunting!
      03-17-2016, 06:48 PM   #16
2023BMWI4e35
Rep
Drives: 2023 I4 eDrive 35

Quote:
Hi guys,

Laurent
I had a 2015 RLX Advance and traded on a 2016 fully loaded 428 Convertable. The wife open the door when she one day that it would be nice to have a Convertable and I was off looking. I wanted a hardtop so the search was narrowed down to only a few brands. I had the BMW since Sept and love it. I don't even miss my RLX and the big loss I took after getting rid of it after having it for 9 months and 12000 miles. It definitely loses it value fast.

Last edited by 2023BMWI4e35; 03-17-2016 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2016, 09:37 PM   #17
dKNIGHT83
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM57 View Post
Ok great, so you have a good home for the Acura and you have the $ issue sorted out. Once you finalize and decide the exact car you want (year, model, option list, colors, etc..) let me know if you have trouble finding one, and I'll see if I can help you using some sources of mine local to you. Keep in mind that not all cars are advertised and knowing people in the industry is an asset. Happy hunting!
You have a PM!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 09:44 PM   #18
dKNIGHT83
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016BMW428i View Post
I had a 2015 RLX Advance and traded on a 2016 fully loaded 428 Convertable. The wife open the door when she one day that it would be nice to have a Convertable and I was off looking. I wanted a hardtop so the search was narrowed down to only a few brands. I had the BMW since Sept and love it. I don't even miss my RLX and the big loss I took after getting rid of it after having it for 9 months and 12000 miles. It definitely loses it value fast.
I feel you!!! I got the OK from mine last week as long as i can still pay my share of everything and atleast one vacation a year for our family!!

A month ago, someone i was working with from one of our supplier died from a pneumonia in his home at age of 37. Made me realize how i should be enjoying life to the fullest instead of waiting for things to happen at the right time.

Life is short!

L
Appreciate 0