F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 340i / 440i (B58) BMW M Performance Power and Sound Kit (MPPSK) Official Release
Studio RSR

08-23-2020, 04:28 PM   #1123
uhdimzy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

What I meant was if I have glitches in my idrive and they say they will do an 'update', will they be updating the whole car including the ECU which will result in the upgraded mppsk sounds?

Otherwise thanks for the clarification, will pay dealer for an full update if this isnt the case.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 04:57 PM   #1124
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

No one can tell you for sure what their approach would be. Just ask for a sw update. If you are within warranty, they'll do it for free (and potentially even without asking).
      08-26-2020, 11:44 PM   #1125
uhdimzy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Had an update done and it made a huge difference, car had never been updated

Burbles were quiet like a stock 335/340 exhaust before
Appreciate 1
Skyhigh1886.50
      08-28-2020, 09:39 AM   #1126
JNMNL52
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 440ix 2018 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger55 View Post
Please post a review. I'm still evaluating a purchase for my 2019 440ix that I bought in February. Haven't done it yet because of Covid. I bet I've put less than 1000 miles on it since I got it and the majority of the those were in the first few weeks. I just don't go anywhere right now so I might as well hold off on the MPPSK until I'm able to drive the car like I intended to when I bought it.
I had my MPPSK installed yesterday and I am still smiling. It is everything and more that I have read on the forums. It completes the car. After leaving the dealership I gave it a work out on some backgrounds before heading home. The extra horsepower is not much but you definitely know it is there during acceleration when my back gets pressed into the seat. I am a former Navy pilot and it almost feels like a "G" force. The car pulls better and significantly faster. The burbles and pops are great. I was able to crank up to 95 mph on an open stretch of interstate with ease. The B-58 engine just seems to breath and sound better now. The overall sound note is perfect. At idle in sport mode it does have an angry growl which I like. There is some predictable droning at about 3000 RPM in sport mode on the highway. Switching back to comfort mode the droning goes away. If you are thinking about it and it is affordable, take a deep breath and just do it. You will have no regrets.
mgeller51.50
TanzM4197.00
Beek707.00
      08-28-2020, 02:27 PM   #1127
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNMNL52 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger55 View Post
Please post a review. I'm still evaluating a purchase for my 2019 440ix that I bought in February. Haven't done it yet because of Covid. I bet I've put less than 1000 miles on it since I got it and the majority of the those were in the first few weeks. I just don't go anywhere right now so I might as well hold off on the MPPSK until I'm able to drive the car like I intended to when I bought it.
I had my MPPSK installed yesterday and I am still smiling. It is everything and more that I have read on the forums. It completes the car. After leaving the dealership I gave it a work out on some backgrounds before heading home. The extra horsepower is not much but you definitely know it is there during acceleration when my back gets pressed into the seat. I am a former Navy pilot and it almost feels like a "G" force. The car pulls better and significantly faster. The burbles and pops are great. I was able to crank up to 95 mph on an open stretch of interstate with ease. The B-58 engine just seems to breath and sound better now. The overall sound note is perfect. At idle in sport mode it does have an angry growl which I like. There is some predictable droning at about 3000 RPM in sport mode on the highway. Switching back to comfort mode the droning goes away. If you are thinking about it and it is affordable, take a deep breath and just do it. You will have no regrets.
Glad you like it. I have had mine for almost 10 months now and definitely still enjoy it. My 2018 is a fun car and the mppsk made it better. I was never going to mod it further and like the idea of everything covered by warranty. Enjoy and cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 08:11 PM   #1128
JNMNL52
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
Glad you like it. I have had mine for almost 10 months now and definitely still enjoy it. My 2018 is a fun car and the mppsk made it better. I was never going to mod it further and like the idea of everything covered by warranty. Enjoy and cheers.
Thanks for your advice and posts. You are one of the forum members that pushed me over the edge. I purchased my 440 back in January so I have been driving it without MPPSK for 8 months. What a noticeable difference in power and sound. It does complete the car.
      08-31-2020, 08:20 PM   #1129
JNMNL52
Private
Rep

MPPSK coding

I purchased an OBD adapter, Bimmercode and Bimmerlink to code my 440ix now that MPPSK is installed. I sucessfully disabled ASD and it made a very noticeable difference in reducing a harmonic droning resonance between 2000-3000 RPM's. It seems that ASD amplifies droning and now it is gone. With ASD the droning was tolerable but now coded out it is much quieter in the cockpit and no more fake noise. Only the real badass tone of MPPSK. I love it. Disabling ASD was well worth the cost of the adapter and coding apps. I also attempted to code the M Performance logo on my instrument cluster but my 440i is not listed as an option on the Bimmercode app and not compatible. So is it acceptable to code and use the M start animation on the iDrive system on a 440i with MPPSK or is that display start animation just typically reserved for M cars only? Any thoughts?
      09-01-2020, 01:40 AM   #1130
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

You can code the M animation on the iDrive (although you will barely ever see it), however there is no M Performance logo in the fully digital cluster (6WB), if that is what soy have, that you can code. It is just like that. Was obviously never envisaged.
      09-01-2020, 04:38 PM   #1131
aardate
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNMNL52 View Post
I purchased an OBD adapter, Bimmercode and Bimmerlink to code my 440ix now that MPPSK is installed. I sucessfully disabled ASD and it made a very noticeable difference in reducing a harmonic droning resonance between 2000-3000 RPM's. It seems that ASD amplifies droning and now it is gone. With ASD the droning was tolerable but now coded out it is much quieter in the cockpit and no more fake noise. Only the real badass tone of MPPSK. I love it. Disabling ASD was well worth the cost of the adapter and coding apps. I also attempted to code the M Performance logo on my instrument cluster but my 440i is not listed as an option on the Bimmercode app and not compatible. So is it acceptable to code and use the M start animation on the iDrive system on a 440i with MPPSK or is that display start animation just typically reserved for M cars only? Any thoughts?
This is great info and very helpful. I used to have a 2013 640i GC and installing the m performance exhaust caused a terrible drone in the 1800-2200 rpm range, it was really bad. It seems that this MPPSK kit is drone free with ASD disabled? Is there an RPM range that you still feel any type of drone?
Appreciate 1
CajunBMW1288.50
      09-01-2020, 06:42 PM   #1132
JNMNL52
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
You can code the M animation on the iDrive (although you will barely ever see it), however there is no M Performance logo in the fully digital cluster (6WB), if that is what soy have, that you can code. It is just like that. Was obviously never envisaged.
Thanks Skyhigh. Actually I went back to the Bimmercode app and realized I was looking at the wrong M Performance option under the instrument cluster group. There was another option under start up which had M Performance logo and I was able to code it to my instrument cluster. I also want to thank you for your past MPPSK posts as your advice also pushed me over the edge to install.
      09-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #1133
JNMNL52
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardate View Post
This is great info and very helpful. I used to have a 2013 640i GC and installing the m performance exhaust caused a terrible drone in the 1800-2200 rpm range, it was really bad. It seems that this MPPSK kit is drone free with ASD disabled? Is there an RPM range that you still feel any type of drone?
I wouldn't say it is drone free, but certainly a lot less drone with ASD disabled. I can still hear some drone between 2000-3000RPM in Sport & Sport+ but it is muted to a point where I can listen to Sirius on low volume in Comfort mode and do not notice it. Very easy to code out.
aardate193.50
John.K38.50
      09-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #1134
aardate
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Thanks I appreciate the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 10:16 AM   #1135
Adam3000
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Got my MPPSK installed 340i

Had it for about a week now, got it installed at BMW Seattle. So far I really am enjoying the sounds when in Sport and even in Comfort I am getting a slightly deeper sound. The power seems better from about 2,000-3,000 rpms so I would consider it a little boost in passing power on the highway mostly. Its so nice to be able to tone it down by putting the car in Comfort as I approach my driveway but Sport is just awesome. The cost was high but I plan to keep this car for a long time so its worth it to me.
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #1136
zhp4life
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 340i 6MT/coral red/THP/MPerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam3000 View Post
Had it for about a week now, got it installed at BMW Seattle. So far I really am enjoying the sounds when in Sport and even in Comfort I am getting a slightly deeper sound. The power seems better from about 2,000-3,000 rpms so I would consider it a little boost in passing power on the highway mostly. Its so nice to be able to tone it down by putting the car in Comfort as I approach my driveway but Sport is just awesome. The cost was high but I plan to keep this car for a long time so its worth it to me.
Congrats on the MPPSK! and thanks for sharing your feedback. I am also interested in getting one install so looking to see If I can get a good deal on MPPSK unit. I love the car got it last year, proud to have the last 3 series MSPORT 6 speed manual that BMW will ever make.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #1137
HugoBoss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i /X5xDrive35i

Quote:
Thanks for sharing, about to get my installed this coming Monday, I cant wait.
Do you think is also worth looking into installing an intake?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #1138
HugoBoss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i /X5xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmplaya View Post
i polish mine every couple months and looks like new 20k miles later. 95% sport mode, about half city, half highway
What do you normally use to polish them?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 12:19 AM   #1139
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBoss View Post
Quote:
Absolutely no point. Especially if you are going to stay MPPSK.
      09-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #1140
aardate
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBoss View Post
looking forward to your feedback on this!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 11:35 AM   #1141
SR287
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MSport

Hello everyone I got my MPPSK installed like a month ago everything was perfect for like two or three weeks then my left valve it's not opening at any position is it that normal? of course not right? Called the dealer and asked me to bring the car, couple days later car was supposedly OK, now and once again for like three days the left valve it's not opening at any position again!!! SOOOO FRUSTRATING what I'm supposed to do right now??? Thank u all
      09-17-2020, 01:53 PM   #1142
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

No, that's not normal.
After several months with MPPSK, I started doubting that everything is ok, as the difference between Comfort and Sport was noticeable, but far from spectacular. I then realised that all that time (or at least most of it) I had been driving with only one valve opening! Why....? Because the connector to the valve was not locked in and the valve was effectively disconnected!
Therefore - check the connector on the non-responsive valve, make sure it is firmly inserted and locked.
      09-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #1143
SR287
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MSport

Quote:
No, that's not normal.
After several months with MPPSK, I started doubting that everything is ok, as the difference between Comfort and Sport was noticeable, but far from spectacular. I then realised that all that time (or at least most of it) I had been driving with only one valve opening! Why....? Because the connector to the valve was not locked in and the valve was effectively disconnected!
Therefore - check the connector on the non-responsive valve, make sure it is firmly inserted and locked.
Already contacted the dealer and sent a video showing the whole thing, I have an appointment for Monday 10am, thanks for the info, I'll keep u posted
P.D. I unplugged the valve actuator connector and plugged it again but same crap, valve not opening.
      09-17-2020, 03:53 PM   #1144
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR287 View Post
Quote:
No, that's not normal.
Already contacted the dealer and sent a video showing the whole thing, I have an appointment for Monday 10am, thanks for the info, I'll keep u posted
P.D. I unplugged the valve actuator connector and plugged it again but same crap, valve not opening.
Hope you can get it fixed. Good luck
Appreciate 0