F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 340i B58 MidPipe Options?
proTUNING Freaks

11-07-2020, 04:21 PM   #23
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Midpipes for M3/M4 are over $1000
That's because those are needed to fix the horrid S55 sound. High demand. B58 sounds good regardless lol.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 1
WolfGTI716.00
      11-07-2020, 04:45 PM   #24
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWApp View Post
Does anyone know if the Dinan or AWE midpipes will fit with the Active Autowerke axle back exhaust? I have the Active Autowerke axle back exhaust on my 340i and like it but would like a more aggressive sound and know that a performance midpipe should do the trick. I do also have the Active Autowerke high flow catted downpipe which I love. Hopefully adding a performance midpipe won't make it too loud for me (and my neighbors).
Your sound concerns (which I appreciate 100%) might be all the more reason to simply go to a muffler shop for a resonator delete. The reason I say this is because you can start by having one of your resonators deleted - test it out for sound. And then move on to the second only if you want more. Just a thought...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 07:21 PM   #25
UrbanCarCulture
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Look for some videos, but I just cut the resonators out along with catless downpipes. Sounds like every other BMW honestly. Im just glad I could make it quiet when going into comfort or eco mode.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 10:51 AM   #26
FirstBMWLA
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

OEM muffler, dual resonator delete and catless downpipe here.
love the sound. Wicked when on throttle and tame when not. No drone
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 10:58 AM   #27
vcx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340 xdrive MPPSK 6-manual

Hello guys,

I have a question concerning midpipes.

I currently have a 340ix with the MPPSK exhaust.

I plan to add a catted downpipe, so i can flash my car to a stage 2 tune.

I'm not interested in more sound, on the contrary: I know the MPPSK exhaust to be very loud in sport mode, when paired with a DP, and I want to limitate the soud volume (without altering the tone quality, if possible) as much as possible.

My idea is to put a resonator in the midpipe, instead of the straight midpipe that I currently have.

My question are:

-does anybody knows if it's possible to change the MPPSK mid pipe with the standard OEM midpipe (but keeping the MPPSK axleback) ? If so, is it "plug and play" or the diameter are differents ?

-would you rather recommand to add a custom-made resonator on the current MPPSK mid pipe ?

-if so, do you know in what way the shape of a resonator influence the tone ? (I rather like muted, low pitched and "cavernous" sound, rather than a "metalic" sound, like the e46 M3).

Thank in advance for you answers !

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 01:19 PM   #28
GA/\/\/\/\A_CT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘20 m340ix

Does aftermarket midpipe yield any performance advantage? I can’t imagine it would, but want to make sure before I move on to other areas of interest.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 02:50 AM   #29
Asvplee
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 340i

I would recommend just taking your car to a muffler shop and having them delete the square muffler on the midpipe. I made the mistake on getting the awe to pair with my valvetronics axle back and it made the car have way too much low rpm freeway cruising drone. Car sounded really good and rowdy when wot but The drone was so bad I had a vibrant resonator added in the midpipe the following week. The oem midpipe is already set up with a resonator so just deleting the midpipe muffler (the round one is a resonator) gets you what I have for 1/4 of the cost.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:33 PM   #30
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Hello guys,

I have a question concerning midpipes.

I currently have a 340ix with the MPPSK exhaust.

I plan to add a catted downpipe, so i can flash my car to a stage 2 tune.

I'm not interested in more sound, on the contrary: I know the MPPSK exhaust to be very loud in sport mode, when paired with a DP, and I want to limitate the soud volume (without altering the tone quality, if possible) as much as possible.

My idea is to put a resonator in the midpipe, instead of the straight midpipe that I currently have.

My question are:

-does anybody knows if it's possible to change the MPPSK mid pipe with the standard OEM midpipe (but keeping the MPPSK axleback) ? If so, is it "plug and play" or the diameter are differents ?

-would you rather recommand to add a custom-made resonator on the current MPPSK mid pipe ?

-if so, do you know in what way the shape of a resonator influence the tone ? (I rather like muted, low pitched and "cavernous" sound, rather than a "metalic" sound, like the e46 M3).

Thank in advance for you answers !
oem midpipe won't fit but you can add a resonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA/\/\/\/\A_CT View Post
Does aftermarket midpipe yield any performance advantage? I can’t imagine it would, but want to make sure before I move on to other areas of interest.
no
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1
vcx81.50