F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > $200 for 3 years worth oil changes
Studio RSR

08-30-2022, 09:32 AM   #45
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
guarantee the dealer is going to find all kinds of things wrong with your car while you're in there for a discounted oil change haha.
A simple "NO" goes a long way at the dealer.
If you're the type to get dominated by a sales person then yeah maybe you'll get talked into something.
I said no to a Toyota dealer and they stripped by lug nut bolts in retaliation. I got it fixed by a gas station mechanic never took my car back there after that.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 09:37 AM   #46
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Yup and you should pay them to do those things or they will sabatoge your car or not even actually do the oil change jk lol
lol you joke but I got my CPO from a dealer, did an oil change 3 months later and the oil was so fucking old and disgusting. my car was sold same day it was listed, they just straight up didnt bother with doing any services to it.
I had a Toyota and said no to additional services after using an oil change coupon so they stripped my wheel lug nut bolts in retaliation. This was at a Toyota dealership.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 09:41 AM   #47
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
If you're the type to get dominated by a sales person then yeah maybe you'll get talked into something.
yeah, but it is an annoying tactic they use just because they're giving you a "deal".

Quote:
Find another dealer
i don't go to dealers tbh, never been back to that one. i hate all dealers in the north east, they're a special breed. but I did want a CPO car still on warranty, so hands were kinda tied and had to deal with them. i did get some free PDR from them at least, but even that wasn't without cost savings, the guy didnt bother with putting the interior trim back together well, I had to redo it myself, didn't even put the trunk pocket that covers the battery back either.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 09:57 AM   #48
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
yeah, but it is an annoying tactic they use just because they're giving you a "deal".

Quote:
Find another dealer
i don't go to dealers tbh, never been back to that one. i hate all dealers in the north east, they're a special breed. but I did want a CPO car still on warranty, so hands were kinda tied and had to deal with them. i did get some free PDR from them at least, but even that wasn't without cost savings, the guy didnt bother with putting the interior trim back together well, I had to redo it myself, didn't even put the trunk pocket that covers the battery back either.
They are losing money on the deal so they have to make money somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 10:04 AM   #49
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup and you should pay them to do those things or they will sabatoge your car or not even actually do the oil change jk lol
lol you joke but I got my CPO from a dealer, did an oil change 3 months later and the oil was so fucking old and disgusting. my car was sold same day it was listed, they just straight up didnt bother with doing any services to it.
There is no dip stick to check oil condition but you can look under the cap. So maybe you can tell if they actually changed the oil. Sometimes they forget to reset the cbs so I've had to do it myself. I brought brake pads and rotors from fcp and had them installed for $100 at an Indy so had to reset cbs as well but at a dealer they should be resetting it.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 02:50 PM   #50
mwat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & LCI X3 35i M Sport

Garage List
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I said no to a Toyota dealer and they stripped by lug nut bolts in retaliation. I got it fixed by a gas station mechanic never took my car back there after that.
Sounds like you have proof that happened, I bet your lawyer loved that slam dunk case.
Appreciate 0