F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F30 sharp steering feeling lost after installing ACS springs
proTUNING Freaks

06-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #23
McBeemer
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 335d Xd MSport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak24 View Post
I actually got them done at JC in Dundee as that's who lorcan from acs advised and they gave me best price of £600 all in. That was 2 year ago mind.

Usually go to Vardy's whom I bought the car from though and whom I can't really fault.
That's a good price & I regularly go to Dundee (Did they do the KDS also?)

I got my current car through Vardy's as well, although this one is on contract hire finishing soon ... got a 335d Touring on order which I'm looking forward to getting, which is what I want to fit the springs on.

Gone: 2015 F31 320d M Sport Xdrive Auto
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 10:42 PM   #24
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
It might be. Mine was shocking after having the springs fitted. Very light and vague. After 300+ miles I had the KDS re done and all was good.
But surely there would still be a difference between sport & comfort?
+1, you'd have thought so.

I've heard lots of people saying that the kds should be done a good few hundred miles after fitting the springs.

Personally though I had it done (by main dealer) at the time of fitting the springs and it's never been done since. 2 years on the car handles fine with a noticeable difference between comfort and sport modes. When I eventually changed the tyres they had all worn evenly too which again points to no issues so seems to me if it's done properly at time of spring change there shouldn't be an issue.
Do you still have a copy of your alignment print out. Care to share?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 02:24 AM   #25
kwak24
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 330D XD M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeemer View Post
Quote:
I actually got them done at JC in Dundee as that's who lorcan from acs advised and they gave me best price of £600 all in. That was 2 year ago mind.

Usually go to Vardy's whom I bought the car from though and whom I can't really fault.
That's a good price & I regularly go to Dundee (Did they do the KDS also?)

I got my current car through Vardy's as well, although this one is on contract hire finishing soon ... got a 335d Touring on order which I'm looking forward to getting, which is what I want to fit the springs on.
Yes that included kds too.

Yes I'm happy with Vardy's now myself. Didn't start off great as felt like as soon as I'd signed the deal they instantly lost interest weren't interested in customer satisfaction any more.

Credit where it's due though and they've been spot on lately trying to fit services around my busy work schedule and even pushing bmw U.K. To change all 4 of my 2.5 years old 405m wheels for the smallest of corrosion spots.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 02:38 AM   #26
kwak24
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 330D XD M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
It might be. Mine was shocking after having the springs fitted. Very light and vague. After 300+ miles I had the KDS re done and all was good.
But surely there would still be a difference between sport & comfort?

I've heard lots of people saying that the kds should be done a good few hundred miles after fitting the springs.

Personally though I had it done (by main dealer) at the time of fitting the springs and it's never been done since. 2 years on the car handles fine with a noticeable difference between comfort and sport modes. When I eventually changed the tyres they had all worn evenly too which again points to no issues so seems to me if it's done properly at time of spring change there shouldn't be an issue.
Do you still have a copy of your alignment print out. Care to share?
Just had a look as would have been happy to do so but I mustn't have been given one as it's not with all my car paperwork which I always keep.

The dealer invoice early states that kds alignment was carried out and included in the price though. Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 02:43 AM   #27
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

I did wonder in adaptive damper might benefit from a KDS after a few hundred miles. maybe more so than passive dampers. it definitely worked for me.As the KDS was carried out when the springs were fitted.
Previous.MINI JCW. E92 325i. 435d M235i.M135i. 635d Coupe, E92 M3 manual, E92 M3 DCT Competition Pack. E92 335i, Porsche Cayman S Gen2, 135i Coupe. E92 320d, MK5 R32. MK5 Golf GTi,MK5 Golf GT-TDI,E46 318Ci.
Appreciate 0