F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > EML and fault codes
proTUNING Freaks

03-26-2024, 11:09 AM   #1
Michaeljf93
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320ED F30

EML and fault codes

Hi all,

I have had the engine management light come up on my f30 320ED and have read the fault codes using bimmerlink.

The codes were -

290900: Air system, air to EGR mass flow plausibility: measured air mass too high compared to calculated air mass.

24BF00: Zero quantity adaptation injector cylinder 2: Permissible filtered control duration correction too high.

Am I right in thinking the first error is a vacuum leak somewhere?
And the second error means a new injector is needed? I did try some Wynns injector cleaner but the error is still showing.

I don't have ISTA so unable to do any further tests but would the first port of call be looking for a vacuum leak? My car isn't part of the EGR recall so I don't think it's anything related to that.

It did have a new lambda sensor fitted about a month ago (the one after the cat) but again I assume it's nothing related to that? The car seems to be running fine apart from the EML light. It is a little rough sounding when first starting in the morning but as soon as it fires up sound fine.

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 02:17 PM   #2
Michaeljf24
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 320D

Just an update and maybe help those in the future!
I did a smoke test and found the intake manifold had a leak where the swirl flap rod enters. Replaced the intake manifold, did another smoke test and it's all now fine! Was pretty badly built up with carbon so kinda glad I replaced it.

The injector error was a bad injector and a replacement has now sorted it.
Appreciate 0