F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Tuned 328D's report here
Studio RSR

02-23-2022, 05:36 AM   #45
LCornice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d XDrive sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru-jack View Post
I see @dreaming.haze said there are 2 different transmission tunes with Kerma stage 2. I don't see that on their website, is this still an option or do they only offer one now? thanks
There's only one transmission tune.
      10-21-2022, 09:06 PM   #46
Cucinottaf31n47
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328d f31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE30 View Post
Has anyone on here used Kassel for tuning? They recently did a newer 7 series diesel and had some decent results on the dyno. They are local to me which I like if there are issues with the tune or ecu. https://www.kasselperformance.com/
I had a full delete and tune by Kassel about a month ago/2k miles. Pretty happy with it so far. Fuel consumption is up on the lower end driving around town, up a good bit actually. City only (Philly) less than 30mpg, but highway only, about 45mpg @80 with some drafting in traffic. It'll do about 40 or so with no traffic/no drafting. General feel driving about is that low end throttle was more sensitive. Highway responsiveness is better. Cruising at 80 you just give it a bit of throttle and you doing 100-110 with the only difference being windnoise in the cabin. The tune has definitely made it more sporty. No issues so far. Engine sounds better. There was previously a bit of a rattle between 1500-2500 rpm when giving it a good bit of throttle. Since the work was performed, that rattle has disappeared and the engine sounds much healthier. In addition, you get more turbo sound and better exhaust note. I understand this was just optimization tuning for the deletes. I look forward to going back to Kassel for more work. They have a good team with staff that are knowledgeable and enthusiastic to speak with their potential customers about projects.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 01:10 PM   #47
Chongo
Registered
Rep
Drives: '16 328d x-drive

Does Kassel have their own tunes or are they just providing service and utilizing other tuners software?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 09:26 PM   #48
Pepi
Rep
Drives: 328d, 540iT, 328i, 750iL

Running the DUDMD Stage 1 tune w/EGR + DEF delete & xHP custom trans tune, very happy with the combo.

I'm looking to move towards the Stage 2 tune which deletes the DPF manifold and replace it with a downpipe. Simultaneously I'd like to upgrade the intercooler with a Wagner EVO II model.

I'd like to retain the catalytic converter to minimize the smell.

1. My question is is there any negatives with deleting the DPF while leaving the catalytic converter in place?
2. Can I leave the non-o2 sensors that are plugged into the cat pipe in place when I delete the DPF?

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 10:39 PM   #49
rraynarayy
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d bmw

Okay I’m looking at completely deleting my 2014 328d. So my question to everyone is what do I do after deleting it? Obviously it has to be tuned, but by a professional tuner or can I do it myself?

Any advice about anything with my new car would be greatly appreciated!
Also I don’t know how to make a post, so I guess this is a reply?😂
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 06:06 PM   #50
Pepi
Rep
Drives: 328d, 540iT, 328i, 750iL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraynarayy View Post
Okay I’m looking at completely deleting my 2014 328d. So my question to everyone is what do I do after deleting it? Obviously it has to be tuned, but by a professional tuner or can I do it myself?
Welcome to the community! I've gone the EGR/DPF/SCR delete route, surprisingly my DPF was exceptionally clean and I probably could have gone much further before deleting. Car definitely smokes more when you lay into it which I'm not happy about. There are benefits to deleting but there are also negatives that come with it too.
But if you have to ask about tuning afterwards, then you’re best off going to a pro who can tune out the deletes ��. I used DUDMD but there are several tuners out there to choose from.

Last edited by Pepi; 03-26-2024 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2024, 04:30 PM   #51
rraynarayy
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi View Post
Welcome to the community! I've gone the EGR/DPF/SCR delete route, surprisingly my DPF was exceptionally clean and I probably could have gone much further before deleting. Car definitely smokes more when you lay into it which I'm not happy about. There are benefits to deleting but there are also negatives that come with it too.
But if you have to ask about tuning afterwards, then you’re best off going to a pro who can tune out the deletes ��. I used DUDMD but there are several tuners out there to choose from.
So can you tell me the pros and cons of deleting it?? And what do you mean it smokes more? And where from?
Appreciate 0