F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW F30 330d (2012) Tuning options
GetBMWParts

02-20-2024, 08:21 AM   #1
Marcus AN
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d F30

Smile BMW F30 330d (2012) Tuning options

Hello, this is my fist post on Bimmerpost (i have been a long time reader. without an account.)

I currently own a Bmw F30 330d (2012) as the title says, i am looking at options for tuning my car.
I have looked at:
ac schnitzer
Bootmod3
DMS Automotive
Steinbauer

The previous owner of my car installed the M Preformance power kit (from a bmw dealer.) and i am very happy with it but obviously i am looking for more power!

I have kind of decided to go for the "Steinbauer Power enhancement upgrade" since it seems way safer and it doesn't mess with the car to much but still deliveres a good amount of power.
They claim to take the car from: 190kw / 560NM - 228kw / 672NM
but since my car already has the M Preformance upgrade (210kw / 600NM) does anyone know how this interaction would go? what power i would get in the end? or if it is something i have to mention to Steinbauer before i order one?

I would love to hear your opinions and stories form your own experiences, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 12:09 PM   #2
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

I had the MPPK on my 30d and the gains were so modest that I demanded (and got) a full refund. I wouldn’t bother trying to combine MPPK with a piggyback ECU - you don’t know how that’s going to work out. That would rule out ACS and Steinbauer.

For me it’s simple - full remap to overwrite the MPPK, or just leave it as is.

I do wonder about your suggestions though.

You’d drive from Norway to Southampton UK for a remap at DMS ?

Bootmod does not have a remap option for the diesel models and, when I contacted them a couple of years ago, has no plans to develop one.

If there aren’t reputable remappers for the N57 in Norway I’d look for one that can sell you a remap for remote installation using a laptop connected to your car. Evolve is one option, but I expect there are others.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 04:21 AM   #3
Marcus AN
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d F30

Hello, yeah i am not really an expert on the subject.. i did not know that bm3 didn't do disel!
yeah i am planning to do a long road trip down in Europe this summer so it would be nice to do the drive down
i will definitely look for options here in Norway as well though, but it seems like the bottom line is: buy a 340i
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 07:45 AM   #4
TurboWeasel
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus AN View Post
but it seems like the bottom line is: buy a 340i
Yep. If you are already chasing for more power after the MPPK, you will never be happy. +20KW more won't blow your skirt up for the huge amount of money the Steinbauer costs.

340i potential is almost limitless, depending on budget, and they are just as responsive low in the rpm band as the 30/35d in stock form, and quieter, smoother....all of it. Just a fuel economy penalty to pay.
Appreciate 0