F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > 6WB coding tread
Studio RSR

06-08-2022, 03:47 PM   #529
Sanderger94
Rep
Drives: BMW 418d

I just installed the 6wb in my F36. After cosing everything works flawlessly and installing was a breeze.

However I find something strange about my navigation display. In my opinion the circled views should be white however they show red/orange. The picture is taken at sundown, however the colors are the same during the day.

How should these be displayed? I tried the 3 options in navicolor_table however this doesn't change.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 05:19 PM   #530
cooombs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i xDrive

Anyone know how to code the 6WB to show your current gear for a manual?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 03:45 AM   #531
MSlv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318i

I’m looking for this too, the coding for showing current gear that worked for 6wa doesn’t work for my 6wb retrofit
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 06:28 AM   #532
dangerus_car
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30

I notice that there are at least 4 different part numbers for the 6wb (HUD or non HUD version) from realoem database.

1. is there a particular HW version I should avoid?
2. how do i update the SW version to the latest version? what is the latest version?
3. how do i check my 6wb software version (besides from the label)?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 01:24 PM   #533
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooombs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSlv View Post
I’m looking for this too, the coding for showing current gear that worked for 6wa doesn’t work for my 6wb retrofit
one of the biggest disappointments to me in getting a 6WB with a manual car, there's zero mention of it anywhere online since most people have the ZF. was really hoping someone in this thread would find a hidden coding feature to display gear.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 12:50 AM   #534
capt_slow
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d

Garage List
Retrofitting 6WB to F31 LCI

I'm considering doing a 6WA->6WB upgrade on my car using a dealer-sourced 6WB cluster. I've been reading up on the coding procedure and there were a few things I wanted help understanding. My car is a 2017 F31 LCI (11/16 build), with NBTevo, current I-Step is F020-21-11-540.

During VO coding, it sounds like I need two separate FAs
  1. One FA with 6WB and Zeitkriterium edited to 0717+, used for DKOMBI and NBT exclusively?
  2. One FA used for everything else, leaving Zeitkriterium and everything else stock, but should 6WB be included?

With a dealer-sourced 6WB, it's going to be virginized, but do I need to flash it? Or can I go straight to injecting the CAFD?
      08-18-2022, 04:36 PM   #535
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
Quote:
Quote:
one of the biggest disappointments to me in getting a 6WB with a manual car, there's zero mention of it anywhere online since most people have the ZF. was really hoping someone in this thread would find a hidden coding feature to display gear.
I'm sorry but how can you drive a manual and not subconsciously know which gear you are in!? Sounds to me like you need more practice and not a gear indicator no offence
You should be able to instantly tell what gear you are in just by listening to the engine combined with the speed you are driving with.
      08-18-2022, 05:28 PM   #536
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I'm looking for this too, the coding for showing current gear that worked for 6wa doesn't work for my 6wb retrofit
I'm sorry but how can you drive a manual and not subconsciously know which gear you are in!? Sounds to me like you need more practice and not a gear indicator no offence
You should be able to instantly tell what gear you are in just by listening to the engine combined with the speed you are driving with.
no offense but that's not a good take
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 09:54 AM   #537
dangerus_car
Banned
Rep

My 6wb doesn’t have this speed read out. Is this a setting issue or coding required?

To see speed readout i have to change to sport or sport +.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 11:55 AM   #538
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerus_car View Post
My 6wb doesn’t have this speed read out. Is this a setting issue or coding required?

To see speed readout i have to change to sport or sport +.

Thanks.
DKOMBI => DIGITAL_TACHO_ENABLE = mph_mph

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 03:41 AM   #539
klepic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Hey guys, specific question. I got Android screen in my car and I will have 6WB cluster. Are there doing to be any issues? Would path of navigation from android be shown on cluster?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 08:30 AM   #540
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepic View Post
Hey guys, specific question. I got Android screen in my car and I will have 6WB cluster. Are there doing to be any issues? Would path of navigation from android be shown on cluster?
Only BMW native maps will show on cluster. If you plan to use Google maps or waze etc on your android screen, they won't show up on cluster.

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 09:32 AM   #541
dangerus_car
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Only BMW native maps will show on cluster. If you plan to use Google maps or waze etc on your android screen, they won't show up on cluster.
Do you have to code this? Or does it come right away as soon as you finish retrofit the 6wb and code 6wb to the car vin?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 10:53 AM   #542
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thank you so much for the reply!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 03:34 PM   #543
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerus_car View Post
Quote:
Do you have to code this? Or does it come right away as soon as you finish retrofit the 6wb and code 6wb to the car vin?
It should show up after you code for 6wb.

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 06:16 PM   #544
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

I got 6WB coded to my VIN, I moved from regular, smallest cluster. I also retrofitted NBT which is coded to my car(from CIC) and everything related to NBT works great. Not any problem with navigation/music/speaker/bluetooth, etc..

However I am not sure why 6WB is not fully working. It seems optical cable which is connected to Headunit and cluster is not giving any information to the cluster. I checked optical cable and it emmits red lights as it should and it is connected as it should.

I can change modes on cluster, speedometer is working, I can see next songs or change radio, call anyone, etc. I cannot set date and time and I cannot see navi guidance on the cluster.

Also, cluster cannot be coded or be accessed with any amateur or professional tool(service tried to see it in the tool). Like not any cluster is connected! And when I connect old cluster with small display(it is not using optical cable), it automatically appears in any coding tool as a Kombi or Instrument Cluster.

Anyone could help me please with this one? I cannot find any good answer to this one. This were happenijg with both cic or nbt system. Please some advice!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 05:37 AM   #545
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Quote:
I got 6WB coded to my VIN, I moved from regular, smallest cluster. I also retrofitted NBT which is coded to my car(from CIC) and everything related to NBT works great. Not any problem with navigation/music/speaker/bluetooth, etc..

However I am not sure why 6WB is not fully working. It seems optical cable which is connected to Headunit and cluster is not giving any information to the cluster. I checked optical cable and it emmits red lights as it should and it is connected as it should.

I can change modes on cluster, speedometer is working, I can see next songs or change radio, call anyone, etc. I cannot set date and time and I cannot see navi guidance on the cluster.

Also, cluster cannot be coded or be accessed with any amateur or professional tool(service tried to see it in the tool). Like not any cluster is connected! And when I connect old cluster with small display(it is not using optical cable), it automatically appears in any coding tool as a Kombi or Instrument Cluster.

Anyone could help me please with this one? I cannot find any good answer to this one. This were happenijg with both cic or nbt system. Please some advice!
Try to fdl code
;DKMOBI
NAVI_NBT_ENABLE=nbt_anzeige
NAVICOLOR_TABLE=farbwelt_id5

;HU_NBT or HU_NBT2
KOMBI_CIC=kombi_high
EXTERNER_MOST=aktiv
EXTERNE_MOST_DIAG=aktiv
KOMBI_AUFLOESUNG=aktiv
MFID_KOMBI_VARIANT=aktiv
      08-24-2022, 05:14 PM   #546
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siki78 View Post
Try to fdl code
;DKMOBI
NAVI_NBT_ENABLE=nbt_anzeige
NAVICOLOR_TABLE=farbwelt_id5

;HU_NBT or HU_NBT2
KOMBI_CIC=kombi_high
EXTERNER_MOST=aktiv
EXTERNE_MOST_DIAG=aktiv
KOMBI_AUFLOESUNG=aktiv
MFID_KOMBI_VARIANT=aktiv
Can I code this via bimmercode, since I never used any other tool?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 05:34 PM   #547
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Can I code this via bimmercode, since I never used any other tool?
I will try this tomorrow via bimmercode since I see all of the codes exists for the headunit. However, not sure if Instrument Cluster will appear after headunit coding because at this time I am not able to access Instrument Cluster codes. It does not exist at all at this moment if you try to access it. On bimmercode app itnjust does not show it up, and on other coding tools its just red, like none cluster is plugged in.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 03:39 AM   #548
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Update: @Siki78, you are a man! Thank you sp much!! I have coded HU_NBT part and I am able to set the date, board computer is working and I can see navigation on 6WB!!!

The only thing is that I cannot still see Instrument Cluster when I load parts to code with Bimmercode, so I am simply not able to code Kombi parts. Maybe this could be done via other tool than Bimmercode. Any tip?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 06:05 AM   #549
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Another update: after setting navigation in iDrive everything on the 6WB works and it showing correctly which direction to take. However when I start moving, some glitch appears above arrows. Arrows(navigation) still works great, however this glitch of colours is now bothering me. Do anyone know how to solve it?

So, there is no glitch when I set destination and I do not start moving. It appears and it stays until I stop and turn off the car.

Image:

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 02:43 PM   #550
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Last update(I hope): I managed to fix everything related the cluster besides one thing. Navigation is working perfectly, there is no glitch and I can see street names. I solved this via simple coding.

The only thing which is left to be done is to do make 6WB(Intrument Cluster) visible in any coding program or app. Currently everything is working on cluster but I just cannot see it and code it through any app. How can I make it visible in any program(Bimmercode for example)?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0