F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > 540i discounts
ARMA SPEED

06-26-2020, 10:09 AM   #463
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Taycan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlp View Post
Expensive.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #464
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlp View Post
It looks like a child’s toy car. Not for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 03:55 PM   #465
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 530d

530d Touring arrived yesterday from Park Lane and I am very happy

Obvs the deal was sweet as but the car is lovely and having had a few lease cars off the back of trailers (shame on you Halliwell Jones) this one had been prepped by people who actually gave a toss

Sorry no photos yet but Bluestone is nice and cognac very much down my Strasse. The interior is miles better than my old F31, hundreds of miles probably, and the HK worth every penny. This is a 4y PCP so the cost was OK, the old 335d a 2y lease and every single day listening to the standard audio was torture.

With teenagers the extra space is welcome although an F31 and roof box was actually just about OK. Its pretty long though, Im sure my Range Rover was shorter ???

Connected drive was a pain, took numerous attempts to pair and then just eventually worked. Comfort access slightly odd, door unlocks when I touch it but cant see how to lock when I leave the car, it may lock when the key leaves its perimeter but Ive yet to RTFM.

So very, very happy.

Now to book a Eurotunnel and thrash it to the Alps. Oh, hang on............
Appreciate 2
JustChris17483.00
mcoops1757.00
      07-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #466
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steces View Post

Obvs the deal was sweet as but the car is lovely and having had a few lease cars off the back of trailers (shame on you Halliwell Jones) this one had been prepped by people who actually gave a toss

Sorry no photos yet but Bluestone is nice and cognac very much down my Strasse. The interior is miles better than my old F31, hundreds of miles probably, and the HK worth every penny. This is a 4y PCP so the cost was OK, the old 335d a 2y lease and every single day listening to the standard audio was torture.

With teenagers the extra space is welcome although an F31 and roof box was actually just about OK. Its pretty long though, Im sure my Range Rover was shorter ???

Connected drive was a pain, took numerous attempts to pair and then just eventually worked. Comfort access slightly odd, door unlocks when I touch it but cant see how to lock when I leave the car, it may lock when the key leaves its perimeter but Ive yet to RTFM.

So very, very happy.

You can press on the handle to lock the car, behind to unlock top shoulder area to lock... haven’t dared walk off to see if it locks itself yet...

And yes the interior is superb. I don’t have anything to compare the HK to from BMW, and I am no audiophile - but I would say not quite as good as the B&O I had in the previous Audi...

Bluestone and cognac sounds perfect, I bet it looks even better - you know like in a thread with photos...
Appreciate 1
JustChris17483.00
      07-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #467
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
You can press on the handle to lock the car, behind to unlock top shoulder area to lock... haven’t dared walk off to see if it locks itself yet...

And yes the interior is superb. I don’t have anything to compare the HK to from BMW, and I am no audiophile - but I would say not quite as good as the B&O I had in the previous Audi...

Bluestone and cognac sounds perfect, I bet it looks even better - you know like in a thread with photos...
Yes, yes, yes ,yes and sorry

Got back from work last night knackered and after playing with it without RTFM it was too dark for pics and same again tonight

Spotify was pretty good though, on the F31 it seemed easier just to play on phone via Bluetooth but after a few seconds of faff it looks like I can control the whole bloody lot from iDrive using my phones data. Which is a win

And to balance with a negative just exactly who decided to put USB C outlets in the rear seats instead of a conventional USB? Two better than a single *** lighter but honestly. Off to Amazon I go......

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #468
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Quote:

So very, very happy.

Congrats.....sounds awesome.

I have to say I don’t think that the HK is as good in the G30 as it was in my F30 but ETTO......!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 02:13 AM   #469
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, yes, yes ,yes and sorry

Got back from work last night knackered and after playing with it without RTFM it was too dark for pics and same again tonight

Spotify was pretty good though, on the F31 it seemed easier just to play on phone via Bluetooth but after a few seconds of faff it looks like I can control the whole bloody lot from iDrive using my phones data. Which is a win

And to balance with a negative just exactly who decided to put USB C outlets in the rear seats instead of a conventional USB? Two better than a single *** lighter but honestly. Off to Amazon I go......

Cheers
Funnily enough, I think the opposite, my car is scattered with USB and it would be nice to have USB-C instead for a bit of future proofing. Luckily have several 12v outlets that will be able to run adaptors with a decent output.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 02:19 AM   #470
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Funnily enough, I think the opposite, my car is scattered with USB and it would be nice to have USB-C instead for a bit of future proofing. Luckily have several 12v outlets that will be able to run adaptors with a decent output.
Of course I read it and thought who needs any of those, wireless charging mat, no need to plug anything in....

The joys of not having kids / teens in the car and letting the tech revolution pass you by...

I did play a CD at the weekend....
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2020, 03:04 AM   #471
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

Quote:

So very, very happy.

Great news! Very pleased for you. Am also frustrated that I'm not driving mine more. Have put 300 miles on now, but it feels achingly slow getting to the 500 mile run-in.

Agree about the interior. Visually it's quite similar to the F3x, so it's not until you spend a bit of time in it that you appreciate how much better it actually is.

Not sure if you've twigged it yet, but long press on the door handle sensor folds the mirrors in.

Jury is out for me on the HK, which was excellent in my 4GC. It's not bedded in yet, so am giving it the benefit, but I fear the larger cabin means the acoustics are very different. It's not sounding as good to my ears yet, even having played with the equaliser a bit. Funnily enough, I think I might prefer it with the Surround turned off, which again is the opposite to how I liked it in the 4 series. Still better than standard audio though of course.

Anyway, enjoy. Look forward to seeing a few snaps when you have time.

Appreciate 1
      07-02-2020, 04:20 AM   #472
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoops View Post
Great news! Very pleased for you. Am also frustrated that I'm not driving mine more. Have put 300 miles on now, but it feels achingly slow getting to the 500 mile run-in.

Agree about the interior. Visually it's quite similar to the F3x, so it's not until you spend a bit of time in it that you appreciate how much better it actually is.

Not sure if you've twigged it yet, but long press on the door handle sensor folds the mirrors in.

Jury is out for me on the HK, which was excellent in my 4GC. It's not bedded in yet, so am giving it the benefit, but I fear the larger cabin means the acoustics are very different. It's not sounding as good to my ears yet, even having played with the equaliser a bit. Funnily enough, I think I might prefer it with the Surround turned off, which again is the opposite to how I liked it in the 4 series. Still better than standard audio though of course.

Anyway, enjoy. Look forward to seeing a few snaps when you have time.
500 mile run in? isnt it 1200?

And can you not set the mirrors to fold on locking so no long press required? Mine are set that way - but werent when I fetched it. If only I could remember how I did it.... vehicle settings in idrive I think....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 05:04 AM   #473
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

And can you not set the mirrors to fold on locking so no long press required? Mine are set that way - but werent when I fetched it. If only I could remember how I did it.... vehicle settings in idrive I think....
Its in iDrive.
I found that bit
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 05:15 AM   #474
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Of course I read it and thought who needs any of those, wireless charging mat, no need to plug anything in....

The joys of not having kids / teens in the car and letting the tech revolution pass you by...

I did play a CD at the weekend....
I still have CDs in my car.

I was tutoring one of our new student cops and he's never bought music in any format! He streams everything.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 05:39 AM   #475
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I think they are notionally already run in at the factory these days. TRL reckoned just give it 500 miles. I wasn't going to argue

Good tip on the folding mirrors. I had to code it for short key fob press on my 430d, so had just assumed I'd need to do the same for the G31. Will have a rummage in iDrive.

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 05:43 AM   #476
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I think they are notionally already run in at the factory these days. TRL reckoned just give it 500 miles. I wasn't going to argue

Good tip on the folding mirrors. I had to code it for short key fob press on my 430d, so had just assumed I'd need to do the same for the G31. Will have a rummage in iDrive.
We all get a bit bored with running in after 500 or so miles... I can say at 5000 miles they seem to loosen up - and its even got a bit more economical, although the fact I am driving it for fun is countering that!
Appreciate 1
mcoops1757.00
      07-02-2020, 05:48 AM   #477
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Maybe one for Bibbles and Bryans69. What equaliser settings do you have your HK on? Do you find a big difference in acoustics with and without the load cover in place?

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 06:57 AM   #478
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TTT, MGB (in bits), VW Camper

Garage List
Quote:
Maybe one for Bibbles and Bryans69. What equaliser settings do you have your HK on? Do you find a big difference in acoustics with and without the load cover in place?
I didn't go for HK, just standard, as not really an audiophile. And I suspect KidsBop 2020 or whetever is probably best NOT listened to on higher quality
Appreciate 1
mcoops1757.00
      07-02-2020, 11:53 AM   #479
Bibbles
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i MPPSK

Quote:
I can't remember how I set it up but I haven't changed it since pretty much the day I got it. I'll take a look when I'm next in the car. There's definitely a difference when the load cover is in place, although I've normally got kids or the dog in the car so don't have music on too loud. Then when I'm on my own I'm usually in sport+ and don't have music on as I like to hear the sound of the exhaust and engine.
Appreciate 1
mcoops1757.00
      07-31-2020, 04:52 PM   #480
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Pics as promised, sorry for the delay

Since taking them:

a) I have dialled myself in to how wide it is and now park closer to the kerb

b) Its done 1500 miles and idrive records 55mpg over 300 very easy miles with cruise set to 80mph

c) It goes like stink when you press the loud pedal

d) it handles like the ultimate drivers car which my old 335d xDrive never got close to

Cheers - still delighted with bluestone and cognac
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
JD64262.00
isleaiw18744.00
Chris330210.50
mcoops1757.00
      08-01-2020, 06:03 AM   #481
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Lovely that.
      08-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #482
Arcticdan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A car!

That Cognac Interior is gorgeous, always been stuck on black but could see myself going for that in the right car, which the 5 is. Enjoy!!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #483
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Pics as promised, sorry for the delay

Since taking them:

a) I have dialled myself in to how wide it is and now park closer to the kerb

b) Its done 1500 miles and idrive records 55mpg over 300 very easy miles with cruise set to 80mph

c) It goes like stink when you press the loud pedal

d) it handles like the ultimate drivers car which my old 335d xDrive never got close to

Cheers - still delighted with bluestone and cognac
Lovely car and great colour combo. Bluestone looking especially nice right now as my Sophisto Grey is dirty and dull :-/

Appreciate 0