F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tpms
GetBMWParts

09-07-2021, 12:48 PM   #1
Dave-ncl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 320d Black Shadow Edition

Tpms

Evening all,

Had a tmps failure showing up for a week now. I've done a bit research but still not entirely sure which one to buy.

A mate put the diagnostics on and identified the rear offside error code, so should be good to go after.a sensor change.

This is where the problem lies.

I can get one from EBay that claim OE with the bmw stamp and box. A little concerned at £25 when sealers want £90. I think the part number 36106881890 is right for a 2017 320d. The second issue is I read these sensors have a short life before needing to be used. Many of the eBay pictures show a sort of date range that looks to have already expired. (ie. 02 2019 - 02 2020). I might be picking these figures up wrongly?

I came across some Schrader Tyre Pressure Sensor
Product Code: 495777060 on carparts4less for around £35 based on my reg. I called them to see if they were pre coded as I obviously don't want any errors. The guy on the phone explained there were 4 types but I could only see 1 as that's the only one in stock and there couldn't confirm which one was the right one.

So I've came to the place I should have came first! If anyone can tell me the brand, part number ect for a sensor that will fit the bill.

BTW, the car is almost 4 years so a little early for them to be dying. I think it happened when I visited a cowboy to change a tyre. I saw him struggling with the low pro tyre..a couple of days later.... ping! The reset sticks at 49%

Please..... no one say its the module

Sorry about any typos.... done on a phone
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 01:21 PM   #2
BBri89
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d xDrive M Sport

Garage List
It COULD be the module, I had TPMS issue that kept reporting as OSF fault but even switching wheels over didn't make a difference.

Good news is the module is cheap(ish) to replace at £70, and can be done DIY if you have a socket set, torx bits, and a spare afternoon.

Plug and play, no coding required, and generally cheaper than replacing the TPMS valves.

My progress thread
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 02:16 PM   #3
Dave-ncl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 320d Black Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBri89 View Post
It COULD be the module,

I know it might work out cheaper but I struggle to change an air filter and I watched the video of dismantling the inner boot to get to the fuel tank area.

MOT due in 3 weeks and it's a certain fail.

I'll try the sensor first... Once i know which one to get!!!

Where's the module bought from? (Just in case )
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 02:17 PM   #4
BBri89
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ncl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBri89 View Post
It COULD be the module,

I know it might work out cheaper but I struggle to change an air filter and I watched the video of dismantling the inner boot to get to the fuel tank area.

MOT due in 3 weeks and it's a certain fail.

I'll try the sensor first... Once i know which one to get!!!

Where's the module bought from? (Just in case )
Module you can get from BMW dealers, just go in with your registration and they can look up the correct part

My progress thread
Appreciate 0