F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30: Locked Trunk - Unique scenario
Studio RSR

04-19-2022, 11:22 AM   #1
TriniGT
Private First Class
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: E30, E60 M5, E87, F20, F30

F30: Locked Trunk - Unique scenario

Okay I have searched but seems to be a different situation I am in.

I have an F30 project that was purchased with a damaged engine, no biggy rebuild and get her up and running.

Situation is, battery is dead, engine is out, harnesses disconnected for DME and engine as well. I do not have the manual trunk release option nor does the vehicle come equipped with the straight through loading rear seat option.

I have tried using my battery pack to the front to manually power the electricals to open the trunk by key or by button by the footwell and no luck.

What options do I have to open the trunk as I am thinking that the shop it was at may have also disconnected the positive when they were removing the engine.

Am I to remove the rear seats and crawl in and refit the battery terminal of the dead battery (as I would not be able to fit another battery with the space constraints) and then try powering with my battery pack from the front to power the trunk to open?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 12:33 PM   #2
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
I'm guessing your seats don't fold down...

But yes, from the sounds of things you will need to get into the trunk from your backseat. Good news is, you won't have to fool around with any electricals while you're in there. There should be a white T-handle in the center of your trunk lid (from the inside). Pull on that and your trunk should pop right open.

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 12:44 PM   #3
TriniGT
Private First Class
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: E30, E60 M5, E87, F20, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnf30x View Post
I'm guessing your seats don't fold down...

But yes, from the sounds of things you will need to get into the trunk from your backseat. Good news is, you won't have to fool around with any electricals while you're in there. There should be a white T-handle in the center of your trunk lid (from the inside). Pull on that and your trunk should pop right open.
Unfortunately this is a euro model that did not have the emergency pull handle on it to pop the trunklid. And correct seats don't fold down so I am guessing I will have to figure another way to do this.

I am looking at the circuitry to see if there is a ay to manually power the trunk possibly with a battery an wires.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 01:21 PM   #4
im_an_alien
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Yeah, in Europe if someone puts you in their trunk they want you to stay there...
The good old days...
Appreciate 0