F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Coding
Studio RSR

10-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #89
feng
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
I'll PM you the software As for tutorial, I watched the following clip & it gave me an understanding of how to get started.
Don't worry, I was overwhelmed by coding before, Scared that I might brick the car.

Just be careful, NEVER press 'CODE DEFAULT' that will brick the car. Wave goodbye to your car if you do.

We tested different ASD profiles on AUSF22's car, Coding ASD allowed us to assign different engines to the vehicle eg. M3/M4, N55, N20 etc. First we set it to a lower model engine and ASD was very feint but still audible, then tested the M3 engine which hardly made any difference then a N55 engine & it produced a loud & powerful engine note but synthetic in a way. If you roll down the windows you'll notice discrepancies in the sound inside & outside the cabin.
Thanks for posting your experiences.

I followed this youtube tute too and it all worked well for me.

I've only just done the disclaimers so far, but have compiled a wee list of things I want to change.

Question. Part of the process is to make the FA active. Do you ever have to 'deactive' it?

Ta.
Feng
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 08:46 AM   #90
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by feng View Post
Thanks for posting your experiences.

I followed this youtube tute too and it all worked well for me.

I've only just done the disclaimers so far, but have compiled a wee list of things I want to change.

Question. Part of the process is to make the FA active. Do you ever have to 'deactive' it?

Ta.
Feng
You're welcome

No, you don't need to deactivate FA. It automatically disconnects after closing the program.

Once you've learn't how to code there's so much more to explore on the car

Jeff
      10-05-2015, 12:45 AM   #91
feng
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
You're welcome

No, you don't need to deactivate FA. It automatically disconnects after closing the program.

Once you've learn't how to code there's so much more to explore on the car

Jeff
Ah cool thanks for clarifying so quickly. I just shut down and disconnected last night, but haven't reconnected since.

It's frightening how much you can do eh? I want to see if I can do VIM along with playing media from a portable HDD. The codes appear to be there. Tinker time!

Thanks Jeff

Feng.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 02:35 AM   #92
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by feng View Post
Ah cool thanks for clarifying so quickly. I just shut down and disconnected last night, but haven't reconnected since.

It's frightening how much you can do eh? I want to see if I can do VIM along with playing media from a portable HDD. The codes appear to be there. Tinker time!

Thanks Jeff

Feng.
No worries.

Indeed, it's amazing how many options were disabled from the factory. Tinker time indeed, spent a few hours experimenting on adding more iDrive languages. Tried VIM on a few test vehicles but will need to revisit to confirm if it works.

Jeff

Last edited by knightsabers; 10-05-2015 at 04:27 AM..
Appreciate 0