F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Dinan Shockware install in SoCal
proTUNING Freaks

01-29-2019, 11:00 PM   #1
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
Dinan Shockware install in SoCal

Anyone install the Dinan Shockware on a BMW F3x M-sport with Adaptive M Suspension in the last year in SoCal (LA)? Where did you get it done?

Most BMW dealerships in LA are no longer Dinan authorized dealers.

Cheers

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bavarian Workshop in West Hills. Close by to everyone in the SF Valley.

Skip the BMW Dealership BS.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Stopped by Bavarian Workshop to get my Dinan Shockware installed in my 2015 F30 335i M-Sport with Adaptive M suspension. It didn't work. I recently had the BMW MPPK installed at a BMW dealer, and some DME software was upgraded to the latest versions. Couldn't even code the FEM to fold/unfold the mirrors upon lock/unlock.

Called Dinan Tech Support and they indicated that a Battery Reset might work. Disconnect the battery and wait 30+ minutes. It is like rebooting you car. Then try again. Sometimes a full wipe and reinstall of the Dinan SW on the laptop is required.
There aren't multiple versions of Dinan Shockware (only one), so a SW update isn't in the cards. Will give it another try at Bavarian Workshop next month.

How do you know you have Adaptive M suspension? Check the VIN for the option code (S2VFA). No wires out the top of the front struts. Wire is off to the side of the strut tube. Not sure if you can see it in the wheel well. There should be an Engine + Chassis option under Driving Mode in your iDrive. Not extra button on your center console for Adaptive M suspension.

Cheers
Appreciate 0