F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > N54tuning.com - Honest review
ARMA SPEED

02-06-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
Tsaoster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i xDrive

N54tuning.com - Honest review

Hi All,

It's not often I feel like I need to make a post on this forum as I am usually more behind the scenes in reading and obtaining information. I've read a lot positive reviews from people purchasing from N54tuning.com and this is my personal review on my OWN experience. You may or may not agree but just want to provide visibility and useful information for anyone that may be looking for additional reviews/information.

I have been looking to get JB+ for awhile now and at first was thinking to directly order from BMS. Upon doing more research, N54tuning was local (GTA area), had positive reviews and also showed stock on the website. This was a no-brainer to me to purchase directly from N54tuning as it would allow me to avoid customs, shipping, and I can pick it up locally.

Full Timeline
Jan 16th - made payment and sent PM to Mike to notify him of the order #. Was advised by Mike that he has some on the way from BMS. (Why did the website state that were stock when I made payment and why does it still show it's in stock? But OK mistakes happen) Screenshot of stock level:
View post on imgur.com

Jan 23rd - no update from Mike so I followed up myself and was advised it would arrive on the Friday, Jan 25th. (have to follow up myself?)
Jan 25th - advised by Mike shipment was pushed back to Monday (again, things change, I get it)
Jan 28th - follow up with Mike but no reply (had a snowstorm on this day, so I understand he probably did not receive any shipments)
Jan 30th - I gave a few more days as I understood snowstorm will impact delivery time. Again, I had to followed up myself. He advised he received the shipment and to give him 1-2 hours to get everything sorted. After more than 2 hours I sent another message asking for update (why I have to keep following up myself is beyond me). He finally told me BMS sent him the wrong one (OK, mistakes happen right?). He tells me he will express one over from BMS and throw in a t-shirt for apology (OK... seriously?). I told him to express it and give me an ETA and I could careless about the t-shirt. ETA provided by him is slight chance for Friday (Feb 1st), hopefully Monday (Feb 4th) but should be early next week (this should be sometime Monday - Tuesday no? Wednesday would be mid-week).
Feb 6th - No update from Mike. Again, I have to follow up myself and to be honest at this point I don't even want the product from him anymore and requested a refund if he doesn't yet have the product.

So, there was absolutely no point of purchasing from N54tuning in my case because I was misled to think it would be convenient and hassle free as website stated there is stock and he was local. If he was did not have stock, not local there would absolutely no point of ordering from him and it would have been better to order directly from the source (BMS).

I absolutely get it, mistakes happen, shipping time varies, but to me this is unacceptable from a customer's perspective. The slippage should stop somewhere and damage control should be done somewhere, no? I understand this may be just my own experience and others may have positive and very good experiences as well. This is what is great about forums, we share our personal experience, lay it out there and hopefully it gives insight to the next person.

I'm not looking for compensation or throw-in tshirts but wanted to share my experience with everyone. I just need what is supposed to be done for a customer to be done.

Last edited by Tsaoster; 02-06-2019 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 06:00 AM   #2
K2M3
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Lurker here. Thank you for the honest review. IMO if the vendor has no stock, but website is showing they do and the fact they accepted the payment and still expect the customer to wait is questionable. Will keep in mind for future purchases and avoid.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 06:30 AM   #3
Tsaoster
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2M3 View Post
Lurker here. Thank you for the honest review. IMO if the vendor has no stock, but website is showing they do and the fact they accepted the payment and still expect the customer to wait is questionable. Will keep in mind for future purchases and avoid.
Again I know mistakes happen, website stocks are not updated, shipping time slip because of externalities and such. I am just surprised that first I have to keep following up on my order. Second, order came in wrong. Third, the express the vendor stated fell short again. I have messaged him to just ask for a refund and will bring my business elsewhere. I hope he does what is right.

Again, I don't need no compensation but a straight up refund. But I still wonder what the vendor really thinks what a free t-shirt (assume N54tuning branding) will do. Expect people to rock that t-shirt after all this?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 09:03 AM   #4
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Hey

I sent you a message earlier today and 100% we dropped the ball on this. Our Express order got delayed at source. It should be here tommorow but no issues with shooting over a refund. The T-shirt was a form of apology.

Again I shot you an email very early this morning so let me know if you want to wait until tommorow or I can go ahead and process the refund for you today.. Refund or not my offer of a T-shirt still stands if you want it.

Again my apologies on the order and 100% we dropped the ball on this. No excuses.

Mike
Appreciate 2
n55david1288.00
      02-09-2019, 02:46 AM   #5
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaoster View Post
Hi All,

It's not often I feel like I need to make a post on this forum as I am usually more behind the scenes in reading and obtaining information. I've read a lot positive reviews from people purchasing from N54tuning.com and this is my personal review on my OWN experience. You may or may not agree but just want to provide visibility and useful information for anyone that may be looking for additional reviews/information.

I have been looking to get JB+ for awhile now and at first was thinking to directly order from BMS. Upon doing more research, N54tuning was local (GTA area), had positive reviews and also showed stock on the website. This was a no-brainer to me to purchase directly from N54tuning as it would allow me to avoid customs, shipping, and I can pick it up locally.

Full Timeline
Jan 16th - made payment and sent PM to Mike to notify him of the order #. Was advised by Mike that he has some on the way from BMS. (Why did the website state that were stock when I made payment and why does it still show it's in stock? But OK mistakes happen) Screenshot of stock level:
View post on imgur.com

Jan 23rd - no update from Mike so I followed up myself and was advised it would arrive on the Friday, Jan 25th. (have to follow up myself?)
Jan 25th - advised by Mike shipment was pushed back to Monday (again, things change, I get it)
Jan 28th - follow up with Mike but no reply (had a snowstorm on this day, so I understand he probably did not receive any shipments)
Jan 30th - I gave a few more days as I understood snowstorm will impact delivery time. Again, I had to followed up myself. He advised he received the shipment and to give him 1-2 hours to get everything sorted. After more than 2 hours I sent another message asking for update (why I have to keep following up myself is beyond me). He finally told me BMS sent him the wrong one (OK, mistakes happen right?). He tells me he will express one over from BMS and throw in a t-shirt for apology (OK... seriously?). I told him to express it and give me an ETA and I could careless about the t-shirt. ETA provided by him is slight chance for Friday (Feb 1st), hopefully Monday (Feb 4th) but should be early next week (this should be sometime Monday - Tuesday no? Wednesday would be mid-week).
Feb 6th - No update from Mike. Again, I have to follow up myself and to be honest at this point I don't even want the product from him anymore and requested a refund if he doesn't yet have the product.

So, there was absolutely no point of purchasing from N54tuning in my case because I was misled to think it would be convenient and hassle free as website stated there is stock and he was local. If he was did not have stock, not local there would absolutely no point of ordering from him and it would have been better to order directly from the source (BMS).

I absolutely get it, mistakes happen, shipping time varies, but to me this is unacceptable from a customer's perspective. The slippage should stop somewhere and damage control should be done somewhere, no? I understand this may be just my own experience and others may have positive and very good experiences as well. This is what is great about forums, we share our personal experience, lay it out there and hopefully it gives insight to the next person.

I'm not looking for compensation or throw-in tshirts but wanted to share my experience with everyone. I just need what is supposed to be done for a customer to be done.
My Personal Policy is I will not order anything from a site that does not list a phone number and a physical address. That policy has saved me far more money than I might have overpaid to other sites.

Your results may vary.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 06:48 AM   #6
Tsaoster
Private
Rep

Received my package! Again mishap happens but Mike did deliver
Appreciate 0