F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > How do I report NEXT Map Errors?
Extreme Powerhouse

08-27-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
Cam428
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i xDrive Gran Coupe

How do I report NEXT Map Errors?

I live in a Denver-area neighborhood that's almost three years old. Despite updating to the latest 2020-1 NEXT maps, there are still roads missing or not connecting that result in navigation frequently taking me on very indirect routes.

Searching the BMW USA site, I saw a link to report map errors on the HERE Map Creator. All the maps are correct on that site since I made the corrections over a year ago. I just contacted their customer support, they claimed that they no longer provide the BMW map updates.

Does anyone one know who produces the NEXT maps or how to report errors in them?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I believe BMW Nav data is currently provided by TomTom. Oddly enough I had the exact opposite experience with my nav that's still ostensibly using 2015 data. Last month I went across the just finished new bridge across the St. Lawrence in Montreal and the map data was accurate, even when I zoomed in as close as possible. I expected it to show me in the river.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
Cam428
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i xDrive Gran Coupe

Thanks for the tip. The maps on the TomTom site have some, but not all of the inaccuracies of my BMW maps. I'll propose some changes and hope for the best with the next map update.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #4
dat1guy
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive35i 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
I believe BMW Nav data is currently provided by TomTom. Oddly enough I had the exact opposite experience with my nav that's still ostensibly using 2015 data. Last month I went across the just finished new bridge across the St. Lawrence in Montreal and the map data was accurate, even when I zoomed in as close as possible. I expected it to show me in the river.
The new bridge is right beside the old one which they are going to start deconstructing soon and it should end in 2022. Your map was probably just showing the old one.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I zoomed all the way in, which gives resolution to within a few meters, and it showed me exactly where I was, on the new bridge, not on the old bridge, not in the water 100 meters east of the old bridge. It even showed me in the correct lane both going in to the city and coming out. The new access roads were in the correct positions as well. It was as if the map had been updated, but I never did so. I expected it have the usual conniption fit when I vary from the predetermined route, but it didn't. But it did screw up trying to send me down the opposite side of Sherbrooke from my hotel. I knew enough not to fall for that, as I've been staying in the same hotel for ten years.
Appreciate 0