F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-14-2021, 02:09 PM   #8757
RAAF12
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
41
Rep
292
Posts

Drives: 2016 F20 120i
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: North

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiki View Post
Did you have to take off the bumper?
No, only made a 6 mm hole on the bottom, connector on the cable is also <6 mm.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 07:48 PM   #8758
GENAU
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC
Join Date: May 2021
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selander View Post
I have talk to https://droiduk.com/ they feel legit and say they only have the v2 for the CIC, i Will try order from them.
Has anyone had good experiences with these guys, particularly for NBT ID6? Wireless Android auto and all the good stuff?

I'm having a hard time trusting the AliExpress sources. Seems people are getting old models and stuff. Doesn't hurt that these guys are inexpensive.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 12:28 AM   #8759
ckarv
Private
Finland
14
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: F36
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

New UI being tested? I wonder what constitutes compatibility, ie how could this be activated for our MMIs when released?

https://www.xda-developers.com/andro...walk-redesign/
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 12:40 AM   #8760
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
363
Rep
1,140
Posts

Drives: BMW 320I
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarv View Post
New UI being tested? I wonder what constitutes compatibility, ie how could this be activated for our MMIs when released?

https://www.xda-developers.com/andro...walk-redesign/
The projection of the AA UI is mostly handled by the phone and not the HU (or mmi in our case). So I don't expect there will be an issue getting the new UI.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 02:25 AM   #8761
ggrcrash
Private First Class
United_States
52
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: BMW F36 x-drive
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Orlando, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarv View Post
New UI being tested? I wonder what constitutes compatibility, ie how could this be activated for our MMIs when released?

https://www.xda-developers.com/andro...walk-redesign/


That UI is for the smaller screen, which the already have full screen Android auto. Will probably make it more desirable but it probably won't change too much.

We really could use a toggle for full screen maps for wide-screen, whether we get it, time will tell...Split screen should be used, only for phone calls and messages then revert back to full screen maps.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 11:32 AM   #8762
maxs30
Registered
maxs30's Avatar
Estonia
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW X6 F16
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Estonia

iTrader: (0)

Hi

Andream nbt04x bacup camera works only if carplay off. Automaticali not working. New soft 1.5.9
Any solution
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #8763
eltech
Enlisted Member
Russia
5
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 F48
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Russia, Kaliningrad

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxs30 View Post
Hi

Andream nbt04x bacup camera works only if carplay off. Automaticali not working. New soft 1.5.9
Any solution
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=8466
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 02:11 PM   #8764
maxs30
Registered
maxs30's Avatar
Estonia
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW X6 F16
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Estonia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltech View Post

Works. Thanks very much
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 09:18 AM   #8765
ckarv
Private
Finland
14
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: F36
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrcrash View Post
That UI is for the smaller screen, which the already have full screen Android auto. Will probably make it more desirable but it probably won't change too much.

We really could use a toggle for full screen maps for wide-screen, whether we get it, time will tell...Split screen should be used, only for phone calls and messages then revert back to full screen maps.
Agreed. Don't understand why split screen is active, even if only maps is used. One of life's great mysteries.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 10:53 AM   #8766
AlexAnthony
Okurrr
United_States
3
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 2014 328d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation

I just received and installed my Andream unit (I went with the touch screen option vs the box, and I'm glad I did because i had practically ZERO room behind my HU or slack with the cabling, my goodness...) but I've run into a snag - first day and a half, GREAT. Wireless CarPlay with my iPhone XS worked mostly seamlessly (USB worked just fine too but isn't my ideal setup so Wireless FTW) However it didn't connect after I ran to grab lunch, and since then I cannot get my phone to even see the BT or WiFi connection.

Fire up car -> screen loads > tap Wireless CarPlay > screen says no bluetooth devices connected and displays both the BT name and the WiFi credentials -> check for available BT connections on my phone -> nada enchilada. BT/WiFi connections on the screen don't appear on my phone. I 'forgot' the existing connections from my phone and removed the car from General > CarPlay but still no dice. CarPlay works over USB if I connect the phone and do it that way, but it won't let me register or connect for Wireless CarPlay. Any ideas??

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 11:33 AM   #8767
SwordER
New Member
3
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 328i
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Baku, AZE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Here is new carlinkit versions:

9.5.10 for B1 hardware version:
https://mega.nz/file/VpwwALSI#9BNx3i...Rq4krAWaePgeqI
9.5.10 for B2 hardware version:
https://mega.nz/file/klhyyRBA#1coQ_3...Hw0ZfFnUrbZVLE

No change log of course) No newer MCU available.

UPD. It works on my carlinkit b1, they added youtube.

Upd2. Works much faster in Android Auto wireless mode.
Hi! Did you use ISPBOOT or GEMINI PACK from the first link? I used ISPBOOT and now unit doesn't boot anymore. Tried force flash with no result. Hardware is B1.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 03:49 PM   #8768
Unspec
Lieutenant Colonel
Unspec's Avatar
United_States
700
Rep
1,945
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Maybe try a different cable.
Unfortunately, no dice. My box might be going bad. I tried different MCU versions and even went back to the stock carlinkit software, but same behavior. The entire MMI screen just goes black and doesn't restart AA even if I replug. Need to hard restart the MMI unit to fix it.
__________________
2015 BMW 535xi
Bootmod3 Stage 2 | ER charge pipe | ER Catted DP | Remus Exhaust | Gplus FMIC | KW V3 | Turner Monoball thrust arm bushings | Wallet regrets
ISTA VM Setup/Tutorial
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 06:57 PM   #8769
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
363
Rep
1,140
Posts

Drives: BMW 320I
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Maybe try a different cable.
Unfortunately, no dice. My box might be going bad. I tried different MCU versions and even went back to the stock carlinkit software, but same behavior. The entire MMI screen just goes black and doesn't restart AA even if I replug. Need to hard restart the MMI unit to fix it.
I read a post a while back stating that these units crap out after about 2 years.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 07:47 PM   #8770
RAAF12
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
41
Rep
292
Posts

Drives: 2016 F20 120i
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: North

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAnthony View Post
I just received and installed my Andream unit (I went with the touch screen option vs the box, and I'm glad I did because i had practically ZERO room behind my HU or slack with the cabling, my goodness...) but I've run into a snag - first day and a half, GREAT. Wireless CarPlay with my iPhone XS worked mostly seamlessly (USB worked just fine too but isn't my ideal setup so Wireless FTW) However it didn't connect after I ran to grab lunch, and since then I cannot get my phone to even see the BT or WiFi connection.

Fire up car -> screen loads > tap Wireless CarPlay > screen says no bluetooth devices connected and displays both the BT name and the WiFi credentials -> check for available BT connections on my phone -> nada enchilada. BT/WiFi connections on the screen don't appear on my phone. I 'forgot' the existing connections from my phone and removed the car from General > CarPlay but still no dice. CarPlay works over USB if I connect the phone and do it that way, but it won't let me register or connect for Wireless CarPlay. Any ideas??

Maybe the antenna wire on the box is disconnected?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 08:22 PM   #8771
carina77
New Member
6
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 2012 F10 535i (N55 engine)
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Here is new carlinkit versions:

9.5.10 for B1 hardware version:
https://mega.nz/file/VpwwALSI#9BNx3i...Rq4krAWaePgeqI
9.5.10 for B2 hardware version:
https://mega.nz/file/klhyyRBA#1coQ_3...Hw0ZfFnUrbZVLE

No change log of course) No newer MCU available.

UPD. It works on my carlinkit b1, they added youtube.

Upd2. Works much faster in Android Auto wireless mode.
Hi! Did you use ISPBOOT or GEMINI PACK from the first link? I used ISPBOOT and now unit doesn't boot anymore. Tried force flash with no result. Hardware is B1.
Can anyone confirm if this latest update for CIC B2 version has the new youtube shortcut in this firmware update?
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 10:59 PM   #8772
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
363
Rep
1,140
Posts

Drives: BMW 320I
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yulian View Post
Here is new carlinkit versions:

9.5.10 for B1 hardware version:
https://mega.nz/file/VpwwALSI#9BNx3i...Rq4krAWaePgeqI
9.5.10 for B2 hardware version:
https://mega.nz/file/klhyyRBA#1coQ_3...Hw0ZfFnUrbZVLE

No change log of course) No newer MCU available.

UPD. It works on my carlinkit b1, they added youtube.

Upd2. Works much faster in Android Auto wireless mode.
Hi! Did you use ISPBOOT or GEMINI PACK from the first link? I used ISPBOOT and now unit doesn't boot anymore. Tried force flash with no result. Hardware is B1.
I flashed the ispbooot.bin on my Carlinkit v1 unit with no issues. It works great so far.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 12:39 AM   #8773
Unspec
Lieutenant Colonel
Unspec's Avatar
United_States
700
Rep
1,945
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I read a post a while back stating that these units crap out after about 2 years.
Hm, maybe. I've only had mine since April 2020.
__________________
2015 BMW 535xi
Bootmod3 Stage 2 | ER charge pipe | ER Catted DP | Remus Exhaust | Gplus FMIC | KW V3 | Turner Monoball thrust arm bushings | Wallet regrets
ISTA VM Setup/Tutorial
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 03:11 AM   #8774
propeller65
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
15
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: BMW F10 2015
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Almere NL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Hm, maybe. I've only had mine since April 2020.
Updated to NBT2 1.5.9 and all fine. Don't see any technical reason for these units to break after 2 years, strange story.
Read some messages about bad quality mmi-audio and bluetooth being better.
I have standard setup with 10 speakers and updated all speakers with HK. This was a huge improvement. Quality from Carplay and wired mmi is great. Mainly use RadioNet (Holland-app) streaming 320kb radio and hear 0 improvement over bluetooth. Have little extra on the mmi-equalizer and flat from BMW sound setting.
Thing i agree is slow charging, i'm using an iPhone 12 mini, wired and when i start with full battery it just keeps up. For the rest it's great value for money.
Don't understand all these people try wrong software updates and brick the mmi unit. First page is very clear and until now each, by Firefly checked, update is an improvement.

Last edited by propeller65; 09-18-2021 at 03:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 05:35 AM   #8775
Matusov
Matusov
United_States
14
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: F15 X5
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Haven't been following for a while as my Carlinkit has been running great on my X5 with the custom firmware.

Can anyone comment on benefits to updating to the latest Carlinkit firmware and mcu over custom version?

thanks in advance!⁶
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 06:38 AM   #8776
SwordER
New Member
3
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 328i
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Baku, AZE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I flashed the ispbooot.bin on my Carlinkit v1 unit with no issues. It works great so far.
What was the time gap between device rebooted and update screen appeared? So mine rebooted and stayed on the black screen for 5-10 minutes. Due to nothing changed I tried to force flash, but the same story. Even I tried to downgrade to the 9.2.20 and custom, but still the same story. Black screen...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #8777
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
363
Rep
1,140
Posts

Drives: BMW 320I
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I flashed the ispbooot.bin on my Carlinkit v1 unit with no issues. It works great so far.
What was the time gap between device rebooted and update screen appeared? So mine rebooted and stayed on the black screen for 5-10 minutes. Due to nothing changed I tried to force flash, but the same story. Even I tried to downgrade to the 9.2.20 and custom, but still the same story. Black screen...
About 30 secs I think. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #8778
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
363
Rep
1,140
Posts

Drives: BMW 320I
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matusov View Post
Haven't been following for a while as my Carlinkit has been running great on my X5 with the custom firmware.

Can anyone comment on benefits to updating to the latest Carlinkit firmware and mcu over custom version?

thanks in advance!⁶
There are a few extra settings options in the Carlinkit software and the ability to play YouTube. Also likely updated wifi and bluetooth drivers. But if the custom version works well for you the above may not be reason enough to flash the new software.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
andream, android, android auto, apple, carplay, mmi, retrofit

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST