F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > xDrive All-Wheel Drive Discussions > XDelete- the answer to XDrive?
GetBMWParts

09-19-2019, 04:45 AM   #177
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
No worries - the anonymous developers from the Austrian company with no company website said/wrote it is perfectly safe! It must be then. I am sure they have all the competence and design data they need to make that assessment.
It's funded by a Nigerian Prince who regularly gives updates of its compatibility VIA Facebook. Seems legit

Meet the CFO of XDelete :

#Relax #ImJK
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 07:06 AM   #178
deviantspeed
poopycat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330ixT

Bwahahahahaha....

But it works. But it doesn't work, but it works. But it doesn't work.

Bookface only? If so, what a joke.

Quote:
No worries - the anonymous developers from the Austrian company with no company website said/wrote it is perfectly safe! It must be then. I am sure they have all the competence and design data they need to make that assessment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
It's funded by a Nigerian Prince who regularly gives updates of its compatibility VIA Facebook. Seems legit

#Relax #ImJK
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 07:09 AM   #179
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
I see Sky high is triggered again.
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 07:12 AM   #180
deviantspeed
poopycat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330ixT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectBoost View Post
I see Sky high is triggered again.
I see that ProjectBoost is triggered. I only say that because there's no reason for this post. Please take it to PM.

I see that there could be long term wear on the xdrive system by using this. Especially when PB is triggered.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #181
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

So many people in here complaining about this app and the creators. This isn't their first app. Xdelete already supports dozens of BMW vehicles without issue. There's no long term wear from disengaging the clutch to the front wheels, they just spin freely with the road. It's pretty simple.

Maybe if you guys would do your research rather than unintelligently berate people for modding their cars, then you might be useful. Might.

If you don't want the ability to turn off xdrive at will then there is no point for you to be commenting in this thread. You only sound jealous that you can't get the best of both worlds, or just plain asinine.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 2
akgambino269.50
ali820271.50
      09-19-2019, 12:33 PM   #182
pshovest
BMW CCA 69606
Rep
Drives: '15 435i,'10 535i,'08 X5,'98M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
..........Also (bonus info) the front differential is a fully locked differential, no limited slip, and not open.........
Not sure how anyone can mis-interpret your flawed claim that there is no front differential.

Quote:
F30 has a front differential too. That wasn't the discussion at all.
However, E53 has a completely different type of system. It is a full time awd system.
F30 can variably add and remove drive to the front wheels.
For all intents and purposes the E53 ATC500 is functionally identical to other x-drives. It can also variably apply and remove torque from the front axle using an electric motor to engage/disengage a multiplate wet clutch.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 01:36 PM   #183
Enabled
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition

I give up.

"The front differential is a fully locked differential..."
Not sure how you read that as the car has no differential. It's ok to me if it reads that way to others, but I have read it in many different ways and intonations, and still can't get it to convey out that there isn't a differential.
My point is that it is a locked differential on the F30. This would be similar to taking a Ford F350 truck that can lock the front diff to get through tougher terrain.

I have extensive experience with the F30 system, transfer case, differentials, and the electronics systems. You're free to contest that if you want.

The E53 has a full-time awd system until 10/2003 models (2004). I suppose that point we could have both been more specific on. The systems are different.
Others:
-E36 328is. 2000 Z3 Roady. 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual. Estoril Z3M Coupe.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2019, 07:38 PM   #184
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantspeed View Post
Bwahahahahaha....

Quote:
Quote:

#Relax #ImJK

I'm just f-ing with you guys. I really hope it works out as you desire.

However, like I said, I would not blindly interfere with anything related to the vehicle's traction or stability control until I know for sure how it affect the entire operation of the system.

My perspective is different from you guys because I personally witness a 2002 Mini Cooper S, without stability control, attempting to race me around a turn, then lose control and crash into a brick house. The motor flew 100ft away from the vehicle.

A week later, I passed by the scene of the accident and saw there where flowers up, against the house. DSC was a $250 option that year, I guess the owner wanted to "feel" the raw car instead or believed traction was for pussies.

Long story longer; the XDrive works with in conjunction with the stability control. Disabling one via this patch might inadvertently switch off other aspects of the protection system. This is not a 4X4 vehicle where it's designed to toggle the axle power distribution.

Something similar happened when I disabled "rev-matching" on my M2, as a side affect, it also disabled the "clutch position sensor" and every feature which was receiving data from that sensor; including "hill-assist," "anti-stall," "one press start" ect. Which was not explicitly stated, when the option was offered on Bimmercode, which they have since took off their pre-populated menu.

If some of you guys want to roll the dice and mess around with potential life-saving technology. More power to you, I'm not hating and I couldn't care less. It just means less people in front of me, on the expressway
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 09:31 PM   #185
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
So many people in here complaining about this app and the creators. This isn't their first app. Xdelete already supports dozens of BMW vehicles without issue. There's no long term wear from disengaging the clutch to the front wheels, they just spin freely with the road. It's pretty simple.

Maybe if you guys would do your research rather than unintelligently berate people for modding their cars, then you might be useful. Might.

If you don't want the ability to turn off xdrive at will then there is no point for you to be commenting in this thread. You only sound jealous that you can't get the best of both worlds, or just plain asinine.
I'm just complaining that I can't even connect with their app, they seem to release an app that's incomplete, lots of people with problems, and seems like only 1/2 or 3/4 of people actually got it working.
      09-19-2019, 09:57 PM   #186
ali820
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 335i MPE 6sp Suzuka Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post

I'm just complaining that I can't even connect with their app, they seem to release an app that's incomplete, lots of people with problems, and seems like only 1/2 or 3/4 of people actually got it working.
Wow seriously? Hope they come up with a fix fast!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 12:34 AM   #187
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Considering it renders only 2/4 of the wheels working I guess they are doing what's advertised?

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 12:47 AM   #188
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantspeed View Post
Bwahahahahaha....

Quote:
Quote:

#Relax #ImJK

I'm just f-ing with you guys. I really hope it works out as you desire.

However, like I said, I would not blindly interfere with anything related to the vehicle's traction or stability control until I know for sure how it affect the entire operation of the system.

My perspective is different from you guys because I personally witness a 2002 Mini Cooper S, without stability control, attempting to race me around a turn, then lose control and crash into a brick house. The motor flew 100ft away from the vehicle.

A week later, I passed by the scene of the accident and saw there where flowers up, against the house. DSC was a $250 option that year, I guess the owner wanted to "feel" the raw car instead or believed traction was for pussies.

Long story longer; the XDrive works with in conjunction with the stability control. Disabling one via this patch might inadvertently switch off other aspects of the protection system. This is not a 4X4 vehicle where it's designed to toggle the axle power distribution.

Something similar happened when I disabled "rev-matching" on my M2, as a side affect, it also disabled the "clutch position sensor" and every feature which was receiving data from that sensor; including "hill-assist," "anti-stall," "one press start" ect. Which was not explicitly stated, when the option was offered on Bimmercode, which they have since took off their pre-populated menu.

If some of you guys want to roll the dice and mess around with potential life-saving technology. More power to you, I'm not hating and I couldn't care less. It just means less people in front of me, on the expressway
Couldn't agree more.
My view as well.

The reason I couldn't help myself writing in the thread was my shock how easily people accept to be guinea pigs for potentially life threatening experiments!

I wonder, if tomorrow another app developer comes up with the idea to disable the front brakes (just because it would be fun to use the pedal as a hand brake) - how many would jump on it straight ahead?

I used to think the preventive and control measures in countries like Germany are extreme, as people have at least some common sense. I don't anymore.
      09-20-2019, 12:53 AM   #189
F3085258
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Man you naysayers are ridiculous.

Keep your xDrive and stability control turned on if that what makes you comfortable. But don't spew BS that it is unsafe to shut of stability control, use xdelete or drive a RWD car. Maybe you guys need the "driver mod" to handle a car without that stuff.

Some of us are perfectly comfortable doing research, understanding actual risks and modifying our cars. I have spent at least few hundred grand modifying, tracking and racing and street driving vehicles over the past 20+ years. Engine swaps, forced induction, custom fabricated suspensions, remapped ECUs, etc, etc. Always someone with an uninformed opinion that something doesn't or won't work or will blow up. Thanks for the "advice".

I was an MHD beta tester with my F30. A bunch people jumped in the thread about how stupid the beta testers were as we were risking our cars. I have not seen a report of engine failure on a beta tester for MHD or any ECU tune on an f30 from any of the tuners.
Same with xdelete on e chassis cars, no failures or incidents that are related to all the BS in this thread. These tuners are not all a bunch of hacks. They spend time researching and developing their products, figuring how things work. Sure they have some connection issues with app. Can't test it on every single smart phone configuration on the market.

I had the "Tazer" OBD 2 tuner for my Jeep SRT. Had a mode to "force rear wheel drive". A bit clunky to use, but no issues in RWD with the nannies shut off.

I am trading my f30 in on an f85 next week and will have xdelete as my first mod on the f85, followed by catless DPs and BM3. Naysayers be damned.

End Rant.
Appreciate 9
ali820271.50
jmack548.50
akgambino269.50
EDWYER1667.50
Kingpin4381.50
Supr3me550.00
      09-20-2019, 12:59 AM   #190
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3085258 View Post
Man you naysayers are ridiculous.

Keep your xDrive and stability control turned on if that what makes you comfortable. But don't spew BS that it is unsafe to shut of stability control, use xdelete or drive a RWD car. Maybe you guys need the "driver mod" to handle a car without that stuff.

Some of us are perfectly comfortable doing research, understanding actual risks and modifying our cars. I have spent at least few hundred grand modifying, tracking and racing and street driving vehicles over the past 20+ years. Engine swaps, forced induction, custom fabricated suspensions, remapped ECUs, etc, etc. Always someone with an uninformed opinion that something doesn't or won't work or will blow up. Thanks for the "advice".

I was an MHD beta tester with my F30. A bunch people jumped in the thread about how stupid the beta testers were as we were risking our cars. I have not seen a report of engine failure on a beta tester for MHD or any ECU tune on an f30 from any of the tuners.
Same with xdelete on e chassis cars, no failures or incidents that are related to all the BS in this thread. These tuners are not all a bunch of hacks. They spend time researching and developing their products, figuring how things work. Sure they have some connection issues with app. Can't test it on every single smart phone configuration on the market.

I had the "Tazer" OBD 2 tuner for my Jeep SRT. Had a mode to "force rear wheel drive". A bit clunky to use, but no issues in RWD with the nannies shut off.

I am trading my f30 in on an f85 next week and will have xdelete as my first mod on the f85, followed by catless DPs and BM3. Naysayers be damned.

End Rant.
nuff said
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 01:14 AM   #191
zeikei
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
My point is that it is a locked differential on the F30. This would be similar to taking a Ford F350 truck that can lock the front diff to get through tougher terrain.

I have extensive experience with the F30 system, transfer case, differentials, and the electronics systems. You're free to contest that if you want.
I will try to be as clear as possible to understand what you are trying to say in the first paragraph because it does not make sense to me (and probably some others).

1. Front differential is the device that distributes the power to the left and right front wheels. It has one input and two outputs. Picture:

2. Fully locked differential forces both left and right wheels to spin at same rotational speed.

3. Our cars do not have a fully locked front differential because you can rotate right wheel when left wheel is stationary.

4. The front differentials of our cars are not controlled by software in any way.

5. Transfer box cannot participate in the control of rotational speed differences of left and right wheels because it has only one output which then goes to both front wheels via front differential.

I thought from an earlier post that you are in fact talking about transfer box when you talk about front diff but now I am not sure anymore.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 05:24 AM   #192
Steakpizza
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i

So the app updated but now it's not detecting my car at all
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #193
H4CK1NT05H
Private
Rep
Drives: Aw f30 n55

Are all these app issues android only or are people having issues with the iOS (IPhone) version as well? I was looking to install this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #194
ali820
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 335i MPE 6sp Suzuka Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4CK1NT05H View Post
Are all these app issues android only or are people having issues with the iOS (IPhone) version as well? I was looking to install this weekend.
I'll let you know as soon as I get all the cables. 😉
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #195
H4CK1NT05H
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali820 View Post
Quote:
Much appreciated, I'm just a little curious to see if anyone has had any issues with the iPhone app.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 10:55 AM   #196
Steakpizza
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Much appreciated, I'm just a little curious to see if anyone has had any issues with the iPhone app.
Yes people have with both. I think the issue was with the app verifying your VIN #, as well as connecting to the car. The VIN issue should be fixed with today's update, but I couldn't connect my car earlier at all. Later on I'm going to troubleshoot and make sure it's not an issue with the cables or anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #197
H4CK1NT05H
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steakpizza View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes people have with both. I think the issue was with the app verifying your VIN #, as well as connecting to the car. The VIN issue should be fixed with today's update, but I couldn't connect my car earlier at all. Later on I'm going to troubleshoot and make sure it's not an issue with the cables or anything.
Thanks great info, I actually went with the outrageously overpriced lightning to Ethernet adapter that apple sells in fear of any issues with cables/adapters. I'm either going to try to install this late tonight when I get home or tomorrow and see if it works for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #198
pshovest
BMW CCA 69606
Rep
Drives: '15 435i,'10 535i,'08 X5,'98M3

Quote:
......"The front differential is a fully locked differential..."
Not sure how you read that as the car has no differential. It's ok to me if it reads that way to others, but I have read it in many different ways and intonations, and still can't get it to convey out that there isn't a differential.
My point is that it is a locked differential on the F30. This would be similar to taking a Ford F350 truck that can lock the front diff to get through tougher terrain........
Fully locked differential is simply wrong.
If it were locked, both tires would always turn at the same speed and they do not. If both wheels always spun at the same speed there would be no need for any differential.
It is neither a locked differential, nor an LSD. It is a basic open differential as evidenced by the spider gears, w/o LSD clutch pack, shown in the photo I posted.
Appreciate 1