F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Questions about conversion to f30-f80
ARMA SPEED

07-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i 2012 M Body Kit

Questions about conversion to f30-f80

Hi, I'm new in the forum, I'm a big Bmw lover, I actually got a F30 335i, I'm from Mexico, I speak some English and if you see that I'm incorrect with some words sorry haha, I bought the car especially because I want to make the conversion with so much extras, I know already where to buy the body kit, I think it's a good deal pay around $4,000 dollars for al the body kit and almost most parts on carbon
Diffuser, lip, grill, hood (The price are the same but I want to put a Wrap because I don't like how a hood seems on carbon), mirrors, side skirts, spoiler and roof spoiler are on carbon, all for only $4,000 dollars (obviously the whole body kit too)

Mi priority plans with the car are:
1. F80 Body kit with so much carbon on it
2. Put an Atlantis blue wrap and carbon wrap on the roof
3. New LED headlights and LCI taillights retrofitting.
4. WideBody, on the rear fenders and front fenders.
5. New Wheels, the 2018 f80 wheels
6. Jb4
7. M sport steering wheel
8. Exhaust with downpipe with 4 tips obviously

Mi secundary plans with the car are:
9. Modified Steering wheel
10. Vargas Big Turbo
11. 6wb Cluster (I loveee it)
12. Intercooler, Intake, etc..
13. Airlift suspension
14. F80 front seats
15. Reupholster? (I traduce this on Google haha, it's all the leather on car make on Atlantis Blue color)
16. Oss designs headllights (before the LED)
17. Big brakes
18. New sound system
19. LED key haha like the new series 5

Obviously some little details on the car like accesories but I don't see important to put it.

I'm buying the bodykit at the end of this year, but I have a couple questions about because I don't have the same experience or wise that some on this forum. My questions are:

1. Can I use the 4 series, m3 and m4 headllights?
+ I search and the bumper simple don't fit, What could I do to fit those headllights? Because Oss designs make superb f8x lights and not much f3x lights.
Can I buy the OEM bumper to fit that headllights? The bumper could fit on the f30?

2. What could I do for make the widebody?
I see fender flares but I don't like it, I search a widebody that fit perfect on the car that seems are part of the car, like natural widebody, from the front to the rear, You think it's a good idea go with some expert on that to do it on fiber glass or some other material?

3. Can I put other exhaust on my car?
I see the e92 remus exhaust, two mufflers, it seems very nice and I think the sound would be amazing.
Or buy the original exhaust system for a f8x?
Or buy a remus muffler and for that make the 4 tips, I want an amazing sound, that's why I think the f8x exhaust don't fit because all that place it's different that the f30 and doesn't have supports
What option do you advice me for the exhaust?

4. It's difficult retrofit Headllights, taillights, 6wb cluster and steering wheel?
Only need coding? I know on headlights I need harness, but that's all?

5. Do you think the carbon fiber parts fit on the car?
I know the grill, roof spoiler and trunk spoiler will fit, but... the diffuser are the 3 parts carbon diffuser, the person who are selling me say it would fit, but I don't sure, because the f30 bumper conversion are not the same to an f80 oem bumper, the lip and diffuser I think must be for the OEM parts, I don't think they make carbon fiber parts for a f30 conversion body kit, so I don't be sure if that parts fit on my car, I think it's for an original f8x
What do you think or what do you know about that?
Do you think exists carbon fiber parts for a conversion body kit?

Well I think that's my questions about my project, I'm sure that will be an amazing project, I'm thinking on posting the results on Youtube, like a project, be a blogger for those who have the same questions as me, be a fun blog and for sure have a bigger transformation, for me the result must be nicer than an original OEM f8x, I don't want copy or show off my car, for some haters that would say some negatives comments, well my opinion it's all car enthusiastic want to make their cars nicer, if a f80 body kit make my car nicer, what's the deal? Like a simple sticker you put on your car it's the same way, all of us want to make our cars amazing, It's wrong the way we do it?

I accept and I'd be glad for read all the comments, opinions, negatives and positives, sugestions, advices, I'm 19, this is my very first car, I'm excited to finish this project...

Comment your ideas or advices, thanks for reading
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
yoon_209
Masterchief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' BMW M340i

while i understand the project and the purpose of bettering your car i dont understand why you want to make your car something its not...

instead of spending thousands in trying to make your 335 look like a m3, why dont you buy an m3 instead and turn the m3 into project car...

clearly money isnt an issue for you... why not go the m3 route and mod that.
IK6SPEED4479.50
      07-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoon_209 View Post
while i understand the project and the purpose of bettering your car i dont understand why you want to make your car something its not...

instead of spending thousands in trying to make your 335 look like a m3, why dont you buy an m3 instead and turn the m3 into project car...

clearly money isnt an issue for you... why not go the m3 route and mod that.
Hi, Yoon_209, thanks for answering and read my post after all...

Well about your comment for all the money I'll spend I could buy a F80, maybe...
But the feeling for convert a car to complety another it's the thing that I looked for, for my future channel, for all people who want to modify their f32 or f30, see options and how to do it, like a learning videos, the most pieces I put the most videos I could upload, like a total conversion, a very incredible change, see the diferences between and what the people could do for their cars, motivate someone for tuning, some things I want to install it are "unnecessary", but people who want to make their car most beautiful could do, a body kit it's the main atraction, the wrap and all, it's too prove myself too that I can make a drastic change, I think that's best to buy some "made car", I want to promocionate I business I want to put where I live on the channel, sell things from my videos, and gain popularity to upload better contain for the followers, well I think that's the mainly purpose, the feeling that I can say I mooded that car from that car...

On Spanish any bloggers have a f30, I tought any f80 too, and for sure anybody is modding a f30, I tought I could help some people with that plataform and be interesting to be the only blogger modding a f30

I search for body kits, I only find 3 of them, but there's nothing than the f80, I'm not trying to appear I have a f80, I'm trying to appear the best possible looking for my car, If I find a better body kit I'll install it, I hope you understand my opinion haha It's difficult for me to explain

Thanks for reading and hope for your reply

Last edited by luis11chino; 07-13-2018 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #4
yoon_209
Masterchief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis11chino View Post
Hi, Yoon_209, thanks for answering and read my post after all...

Well about your comment for all the money I'll spend I could buy a F80, maybe...
But the feeling for convert a car to complety another it's the thing that I looked for, for my future channel, for all people who want to modify their f32 or f30, see options and how to do it, like a learning videos, the most pieces I put the most videos I could upload, like a total conversion, a very incredible change, see the diferences between and what the people could do for their cars, motivate someone for tuning, some things I want to install it are "unnecessary", but people who want to make their car most beautiful could do, a body kit it's the main atraction, the wrap and all, it's too prove myself too that I can make a drastic change, I think that's best to buy some "made car", I want to promocionate I business I want to put where I live on the channel, sell things from my videos, and gain popularity to upload better contain for the followers, well I think that's the mainly purpose, the feeling that I can say I mooded that car from that car...

I search for body kits, I only find 3 of them, but there's nothing than the f80, I'm not trying to appear I have a f80, I'm trying to appear the best possible looking for my car, If I find a better body kit I'll install it, I hope you understand my opinion haha It's difficult for me to explain

Thanks for reading and hope for your reply

to each their own. good luck on your project and vlog

one thing, pls do not put a m3 badge on the finished product.
      07-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

There are multiple threads on forum, as well as YouTube and Instagram, from people who have already done this.

You are late to the party.

And after you still spend all this money, it will still be far inferior to a real M3 that you should buy instead.
Appreciate 1
yoon_209352.00
      07-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #6
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoon_209 View Post
to each their own. good luck on your project and vlog

one thing, pls do not put a m3 badge on the finished product.
Haha I want to put like my username "luis11chino" on badge, or the name of the channel I would make.

I would be updating or promotionate the channel here where I start, thanks for your message Yoon_209...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Used M3's are quite attainable, I'm not sure such a big investment is worth it to be honest. I would look for other widebody kits that your youtube audience might be more interested in learning from. Something like a Liberty Walk type kit. Even if it's not their cup of tea or in their budget, they will watch the video because of how insane it will look! A vanilla M3/4 can be had quite easily, it's not that unique.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 12:33 PM   #8
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
There are multiple threads on forum, as well as YouTube and Instagram, from people who have already done this.

You are late to the party.

And after you still spend all this money, it will still be far inferior to a real M3 that you should buy instead.
Hi, IK6SPEED, thank you very much for reply and read my post...

Haha I know and I search a lot, I specially say on Spanish speakers, 5% of Mexicans talk English, I think that percent are low on Latinamerica, for Spanish speakers I think it could be great that tutorials, would be something new, I search and I have not find any post on Spanish, and any blogger, Youtuber (Spanish talkers) have been modding a f30, I think I have the mission to inspirate users to mod their cars, and had the feeling to finish a dream car conversion, It could be great some Latin Blogger have a beautiful f30 and search my channel in terms of that.

And in terms of performance not be sure a f80 would be faster haha, only if the f80 has Big turbos will won, the Vargas Turbos I look and can make my car reach 700hp, with jb4, intake, forged engine parts and some other stuff like that, to far away for the stock and modded f80 too haha I donīt want to compete, only I gave some facts...

Thanks again IK6SPEED
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #9
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi, IK6SPEED, thank you very much for reply and read my post...

Haha I know and I search a lot, I specially say on Spanish speakers, 5% of Mexicans talk English, I think that percent are low on Latinamerica, for Spanish speakers I think it could be great that tutorials, would be something new, I search and I have not find any post on Spanish, and any blogger, Youtuber (Spanish talkers) have been modding a f30, I think I have the mission to inspirate users to mod their cars, and had the feeling to finish a dream car conversion, It could be great some Latin Blogger have a beautiful f30 and search my channel in terms of that.

And in terms of performance not be sure a f80 would be faster haha, only if the f80 has Big turbos will won, the Vargas Turbos I look and can make my car reach 700hp, with jb4, intake, forged engine parts and some other stuff like that, to far away for the stock and modded f80 too haha I donīt want to compete, only I gave some facts...

Thanks again IK6SPEED
The underlying parts and engine that you cannot swap out will make the real OEM M3 a much better car than your faux M3. Furthermore, the S55 is more bulletproof than the N55 for adding all that equipment, which still will not give you all the M3 Capabilities.

If determined to rebuild, find a totaled M3 with very minor frame damage and restore that. They can be found for less than $20k.

Just as cheap (probably more so) than what you are doing and a real M3.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1451.50
      07-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #10
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Used M3's are quite attainable, I'm not sure such a big investment is worth it to be honest. I would look for other widebody kits that your youtube audience might be more interested in learning from. Something like a Liberty Walk type kit. Even if it's not their cup of tea or in their budget, they will watch the video because of how insane it will look! A vanilla M3/4 can be had quite easily, it's not that unique.
Hi JMG, thanks for gave me your time to read my post...

I saw that option, and that option is still possible, but let me thinking no much know about liberty walk, Iīm agree with you, maybe would be more interesting, itīs very strange that body kit on cars but on my personal opinion I donīt like very much, I prefer like I said a widebody for both sides (front and rear) but I donīt like how the screws look like, Iīm want a Widebody that look exactly a part of a bodykit, the Liberty Walk for 4 series on the front bumper looks quite strange, the same as the spoiler, the only part I would like are the rear bumper, but Itīs not affordable for only one part, the m4 liberty walk seems very good but itīs basically the widebody who I donīt like for the things I already said, your comment itīs interesting, I aprecciate and I will keep on mind too...

Some ass like that is my type haha, thatīs the Vorsteiner Widebody for f82, but I donīt think could fit on a f30...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #11
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi JMG, thanks for gave me your time to read my post...

I saw that option, and that option is still possible, but let me thinking no much know about liberty walk, Iīm agree with you, maybe would be more interesting, itīs very strange that body kit on cars but on my personal opinion I donīt like very much, I prefer like I said a widebody for both sides (front and rear) but I donīt like how the screws look like, Iīm want a Widebody that look exactly a part of a bodykit, the Liberty Walk for 4 series on the front bumper looks quite strange, the same as the spoiler, the only part I would like are the rear bumper, but Itīs not affordable for only one part, the m4 liberty walk seems very good but itīs basically the widebody who I donīt like for the things I already said, your comment itīs interesting, I aprecciate and I will keep on mind too...

Some ass like that is my type haha, thatīs the Vorsteiner Widebody for f82, but I donīt think could fit on a f30...

That Vorsteiner WB looks great. If you cold find a way to incorporate that onto a F30, then you would be making a video that a lot of people will want to watch.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 01:14 PM   #12
Framamind
Mr. Discombobulator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

07-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #13
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
The underlying parts and engine that you cannot swap out will make the real OEM M3 a much better car than your faux M3. Furthermore, the S55 is more bulletproof than the N55 for adding all that equipment, which still will not give you all the M3 Capabilities.

If determined to rebuild, find a totaled M3 with very minor frame damage and restore that. They can be found for less than $20k.

Just as cheap (probably more so) than what you are doing and a real M3.
You are right, obviously a s55 have so much more potential, itīs a real m3 of course!! But the mainly reason I want to start a project is entretain the audience, I think itīs more easily with a more common car like a f30, to come to a another new level on visual look and engine performance.

I wanted to do that too, but here in Mexico itīs very strange or is best to say is "impossible" find a totaled m3 or m4 on a good price, on USA I know exists copart, thatīs an awesome search, in fact I want to buy a f80, but I canīt legalize a German car (thatīs totally heartbraking) and here in Mexico all places that sell those cars want $30k dollars for a totally destroyed M3, thatīs very rude because you need to pay like other $30k to fix it, itīs better to buy a used one, but my goal is for the m3 budget build and convert a f30 like to one and with all that things have a better visual look, thatīs the cons to live in Mexico, theyīre no way to fix one wrecked car... If I found a "impossible" deal I think about it, I search every day for that but in Mexico are very difficult and the most bad part are that legalization thing
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 01:31 PM   #14
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
That Vorsteiner WB looks great. If you cold find a way to incorporate that onto a F30, then you would be making a video that a lot of people will want to watch.
For sureeee!!!

That body kit Iīm sure cost more than my whole car haha
I send already a message to Vorsteiner, Iīm waiting for their reply, I need to talk to a master of mechanic to have and take the risk to a project like that, hoping that body kit donīt cost more than $16k, my option to the f80 body kit would cost me $4k, If I can afford that Vorsteiner kit I definitely want to install it on my car
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 06:34 PM   #15
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
That is a serious project...but why? Save your bread and when you can buy the right car.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 06:45 PM   #16
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Reminds me of my Christmas list after I got done with the Sears catalog in the early 70's

Welcome -good luck with the project
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #17
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
That is a serious project...but why? Save your bread and when you can buy the right car.
Reading between the lines in his responses, he saw Kylie Jenner is now a Billionaire and believes his YouTube Channel and IG will be so compelling that he believes he will be next.

It’s obviously more for social media than for any logical reason.
Appreciate 2
RTPenland393.50
Sea-Tac1451.50
      07-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #18
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Quote:
Reading between the lines in his responses, he saw Kylie Jenner is now a Billionaire and believes his YouTube Channel and IG will be so compelling that he believes he will be next.

agreed if all posted dream lists this could all get really stupid - i wish him luck - looking forward to actual progress vs what he dreams about at night
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 08:06 PM   #19
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post
agreed if all posted dream lists this could all get really stupid - i wish him luck - looking forward to actual progress vs what he dreams about at night
They also hope Companies will give them the parts because they have a Social Media imprint, lol.

Note he posted he had already been in contact with one someone else mentioned in thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #20
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Hi, Sea-Tac, thank you for be on my post,

Yeah Thatīs a serious project haha the second commentary I donīt understand, please translate me on other words for reply you, these vocabulary are inusual for me...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 08:38 PM   #21
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post
Reminds me of my Christmas list after I got done with the Sears catalog in the early 70's

Welcome -good luck with the project
Hi, RTPenland, thank you after all, Yeah I hope to continue to this project, be the F80 body kit with Widebody or make the impossible with a Vorsteiner Widebody, but Iīm not thinking to finish all on a month, Iīm waiting to finish the project between 1 or 2 years, hope all of that will be purschasing and installed, thatīs the idea, thonk you very much for your comment, I want to put automatic translations on my videos for be seen by other languages if you want to see it soon
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #22
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep

Quote:

Haha Iīm not on that world, I donīt like that lifestyle, maybe by my car transformation be famous but... the car, I donīt have the intentions to show my face on IG photos, only the things and mods I do, but itīs the opoposite that Iīm want to do, Iīm only want to have some fun and learn, and making learn the subscribers (Obviously every youtuber expect and want many of them), I see videos and learn and I joy with that, I want to make the same with other people, everday see like a 20 F30 on mi city and everyone are 320i and are stock, I think the feeling to motivate someone to tuning itīs amazing, like a teacher to teach haha like my mision
Appreciate 0