F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Faint Beep every 7 seconds.
Extreme Powerhouse

05-17-2019, 01:58 PM   #1
Destrovi
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 320xi

Garage List
2013 BMW 320xi  [0.00]
Faint Beep every 7 seconds.

Today I have noticed a faint continuous beep from the car. It is like a electronic kind of beep but its too faint to really make out but that was my first impression.

The beep is continuous and fades in? (gets louder), lasts about 2/3 seconds then abruptly stops. Then after about 7/8 seconds of silence it returns. This will loop for the entirety of the drive.

To add to, I have used the Carly App a LONG TIME AGO (year and a half), and have noticed about a few months back (last year maybe) that my Navi kinda freezes when I put in a address and start to drive for about 3 minutes. The Navi will just freeze and then after a few minutes the iDrive restarts, giving me the option to restart my Navigation route and then puts me in the middle of a field (moving along) never really being accurate.

I'm hoping this is a simple flash, but I don't know where to start. The car is out of warranty, and I can make do till I feel the time is right to trade in or something.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
tonksie93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

I would get your firmware updated at a dealer then go from there.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 01:59 AM   #3
f30vince
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 BMW 328i Luxury Line

The only thing I can think of is that the older BMW's had an "Hour Notification" option where you would hear a beep at the top of the hour, every hour... not sure if they still have that option but my old E60 5 Series had it and I accidentally checked that option when playing around in iDrive... it drove me absolute NUTS until I actually figured out what I did and unchecked it... but it wouldn't happen every 7 seconds... probably needs a firmware update.
Appreciate 0