F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > TorqByte CM5-LT Installation Questions
Extreme Powerhouse

08-13-2018, 10:00 AM   #1
HKD126
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, 2009 335xi

TorqByte CM5-LT Installation Questions

Just received my TorqByte CM5-LT and have a couple questions before the install...

Where are you powering your unit from? I was thinking using ring terminals and connecting to the jumper terminals posts under the hood...

What source did you use for the MAP sensor? I was also thinking about using the 2nd meth bung port on my charge pipe... As for where to mount the MAP sensor... No clue. The plug for it is pretty large and I don’t know how I’d get that through the firewall. Maybe keep it in the cabin and run the vacuum line through the firewall?

I was hoping to keep the controller in the glove box, but is there a better location for it?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
$howtime456
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Are you running the hobb switch for injection? Going to need that. Also going to need an obd2 splitter (if you using another source for logging) and i torqbyte has a wiring diagram to connect the wires for power to the obd2 splitter. Last i spoke to them they were making a plug and play.
Precision 6266 On Steroids
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #3
HKD126
Captain
Rep

No need for a Hobbs switch.

I have the TorqByte OBD2 plug/splitter for ignition, RPM and ground.

I’m also thinking about just keeping the controller in the trunk for ease of power wiring... that way the only lines going to the front will be meth supply, MAP sensor wiring harness and USB.

I still need to figure out what to do with the damn MAP sensor. I may keep just secure it under the kick panel and run a vacuum line to it through the firewall from the charge pipe. The harness for the sensor is too big to fit through any hole in the firewall... Any better ideas for the MAP sensor?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #4
HKD126
Captain
Rep

Started cleaning up the harnesses. Techflex’d and heatshrunk everything. My OCD would not allow the single wires to exist.

I got as far as running the pump and CM5-LT power harnesses in the car. Everything is tucked away nicely. I decided on mounting the CM5 as high as I could at the passengers footwell under the glovebox. Putting the unit in the glove box would be a pain for installation and removal if needed. This option still tucks it away nicely.

I still need to run the meth supply lines to the engine bay and figure out how to tap the OEM MAP sensor. I’ve decided on using that rather than the supplied MAP as that just seems to be a pain in the ass. Now, does anyone know the pin out for OEM N55 MAP sensor so I can tap those wires?
Appreciate 0