F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Is this right?
ARMA SPEED

02-19-2018, 12:01 AM   #67
Healy
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex440 View Post
Apologies, I didn't know you were a woman. I just thought you were making sweeping assumptions on how a woman would feel about this.

Who are free to choose? If you're talking about the women whose jobs have been removed in darts and F1, they haven't decided anything. Men have decided on their behalf. Ironic eh?

And, how on earth do you know how the surrogate for Tom Daley is being treated? She could know all about the article and be just at fine.
Are you female Alex or is your name just one of those 'Gender Bender' specials
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2018, 01:32 AM   #68
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whippy View Post
They're all free to choose.

If it were my egg and body going to make a baby for a lesbian or gay couple, I'd be upset and feel degraded by that couple saying 'ours' while it was inside my body!

It's theirs when it's born and I give it to them.

That's the basis for my opinion.

More so, for couples who do struggle, you'd think they'd want to be sensitive to someone having a baby on your behalf and willingly giving up a precious baby?

I'm sure it's bloody hard to do!

If it's not then fair enough. But survival instinct goes against that so I struggle to believe it.
But what about with the lesbian couple donating an egg, that is fertilised by another person (often a friend of the couple), does that statement still apply, it's not the surrogates egg, not precisely the biological mother, more of a 'womb for rent'

(Not having a pop at surrogates, some do a great job providing a service for couples (any) in having a baby).

Why would you feel degraded if a gay / lesbian couple said ours but not if a different sex couple (male and female)?

You chose to specifically name same sex couples as a different to a male / female couple going through the same process.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 03:41 AM   #69
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwivive View Post
"Years" of liberalism? After how many centuries of oppression of anyone who's not white, male and straight? I suppose you think that "MeToo" is a bunch of militant lesbians?

It's rather pathetic that so many white straight males feel so threatened by those who don't take sexism, racism and homophobia lying down. Is your manhood feeling imperilled or something?
Point duly proven by the troll with two rather neatly misjudged posts...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #70
hudson012003
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport Tanzanite blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktemplar View Post
And what makes you think I’m white? Or straight. Or even male for that matter? And can you say with certainty I’ve never been on the receiving end of discrimination of any sort? Didn’t think so. Everyone seems to be angry and “offended” these days, quite often on behalf of people they don’t actually know. Why don’t you go and play “offended troll” somewhere else and let the adults debate...? Well, when I say “adults”....
‘Everyone seems to be angry and “offended” these days, quite often on behalf of people they don’t actually know.’

Absolutely spot-on! People being angry & offended seems to be the norm nowadays, very sad
Appreciate 3
JLR19691882.00
      02-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #71
Torque of the Devil
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe

Appreciate 7
      02-20-2018, 03:09 AM   #72
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwivive View Post
"Years" of liberalism? After how many centuries of oppression of anyone who's not white, male and straight? I suppose you think that "MeToo" is a bunch of militant lesbians?

It's rather pathetic that so many white straight males feel so threatened by those who don't take sexism, racism and homophobia lying down. Is your manhood feeling imperilled or something?
Incontinentia? Is that you??
Appreciate 0