F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Genuine 437m on f31 335 xd
proTUNING Freaks

05-14-2021, 02:31 PM   #1
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D F31

Genuine 437m on f31 335 xd

After purchasing the wheels 18 months ago, and them gathering dust in my garage, the time has come to get these beauties on my touring, i have a few questions that im hoping you guys as a community can help me with, and any vendors who can supply the tyres, are welcome to quote me for also.

DO I REQUIRE GENUINE TPMS, OR CAN I BUY THE MILLIONS LISTED ON EBAY WHICH ARE CONSIDERABLY CHEAPER?

TYRE SIZE FOR X-DRIVE, IM AWARE THEY NEED TO BE WITH (X%) TO AVOID THE X-DRIVE SYSTEM THROWING A WOBBLY, DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE OF WHAT SIZES TO RUN IN THIS CONFIG?

IM GOING NON RFT, MOST LIKELY PS4S, BUT OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 03:27 PM   #2
DaveH28
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f31 335d estoril blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURSTTTT View Post
After purchasing the wheels 18 months ago, and them gathering dust in my garage, the time has come to get these beauties on my touring, i have a few questions that im hoping you guys as a community can help me with, and any vendors who can supply the tyres, are welcome to quote me for also.

DO I REQUIRE GENUINE TPMS, OR CAN I BUY THE MILLIONS LISTED ON EBAY WHICH ARE CONSIDERABLY CHEAPER?

TYRE SIZE FOR X-DRIVE, IM AWARE THEY NEED TO BE WITH (X%) TO AVOID THE X-DRIVE SYSTEM THROWING A WOBBLY, DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE OF WHAT SIZES TO RUN IN THIS CONFIG?

I have that very setup.

The tpms for me just worked, they were straight off an M3/M4

I have 235/40/19 on front and 265/35/19 at rear.
I've ran this for nearly two years now and no problem at all..
Also lowered on the ACS schnitzer springs.. you won't regret
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 05:30 PM   #3
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DURSTTTT View Post

I have that very setup.

From what I've read TPMS don't require any coding, and with that in mind as well as your comments I've gone ahead and ordered a set on eBay, just under £180, as well as a set of genuine centre caps too.

Trying to shop around, best NON RFT PS4S in those sizes I can find are £741 for the set, not bad.. looking to order this week, wheels are being collected on Friday.
Appreciate 1
DaveH28287.00
      05-14-2021, 05:35 PM   #4
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

I bought a set from a website I forgot the name... but I paid to have them coded for my VIN. They were also painted black to match my black wheels. Total was ~$100 for the set. after installing I drove about 1 minute and the light on the dash was gone.
      05-15-2021, 02:35 AM   #5
ar68
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F36 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH28 View Post
I have that very setup.

I've been running this exact setup with MPS4S. Only for 6 month though but no issues.
Appreciate 0