F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Anyone know much about their Intel CPUs?
Studio RSR

11-06-2020, 01:58 PM   #23
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytejunkie View Post
and if you buy it through quidco, you'll get 10% cashback
Ah cheers I did look through a couple cashback sites but the 10% was printers I think, only 5% for laptops! Wouldn't be able to combine it with their offer either sadly
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #24
SantaEugence
Major
Rep

Well sadly this hasn't gone well.
Bought the Omen and within a couple weeks noticed significant screen bleed. HP wanted to have it back for two weeks to repair, I said they should replace it as it's brand new, which they did eventually.

Fast forward few months screen bleed again, also right mouse button on the keyboard isn't working right, feels loose and if you press it anywhere but the exact centre it does nothing.
Again HP want it back for 2 weeks to repair it, I've said I can't be without the laptop for that long (work) to which they just shrugged their shoulders and said they can't provide a loan machine in the meantime and there's no other way to help.

It's within six months so I'm feeling it's going to be sent back and I'll demand a full refund, not what I expect from their flagship gaming machine or for a £2.5k bit of hardware!
Gutted as otherwise it's done very nicely
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #25
PeakyJ
Enthusiast
England
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaEugence View Post
Bought the Omen and within a couple weeks noticed significant screen bleed. HP wanted to have it back for two weeks to repair, I said they should replace it as it's brand new, which they did eventually.

Fast forward few months screen bleed again, also right mouse button on the keyboard isn't working right, feels loose and if you press it anywhere but the exact centre it does nothing.
Again HP want it back for 2 weeks to repair it, I've said I can't be without the laptop for that long (work) to which they just shrugged their shoulders and said they can't provide a loan machine in the meantime and there's no other way to help.

It's within six months so I'm feeling it's going to be sent back and I'll demand a full refund, not what I expect from their flagship gaming machine or for a £2.5k bit of hardware!
Looks like you’ve been a bit unlucky with a dud there.

If you do get a full refund it might be worth having a look at the AMD Ryzen 9 chips this time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 02:01 PM   #26
SantaEugence
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaEugence View Post

Looks like you've been a bit unlucky with a dud there.

If you do get a full refund it might be worth having a look at the AMD Ryzen 9 chips this time.
Not a bad shout, which laptops are those in?

Budget is around £2.5k with a 3000 series card ideally a 3080 but struggling to find much at the moment. Looks like GPU and general component shortages are causing big problems.
On the plus side I suspect HP won't get give me a refund without a fight so that might go in my favour as there'll be a bigger selection within a few months!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 08:27 PM   #27
jackstrath
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16' F31 340i & 03' Focus RS

Wow thats bad luck, i bought a HP envy and its been absoulty flawless, yeh ok it was half the price of your machine but nothings went wrong with it and its chucked in my bag and in and out of helicopters twice a month!
Appreciate 0