F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Best colour F32, show me yours!!
Extreme Powerhouse

03-26-2020, 10:53 AM   #23
Sheepy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBMW4Series View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
My F32
@sheepy same colour as my F33 , I'm looking at applying M performance skirts diffuser and front, could you send me some pictures of yopur front and rear please?

Wasn't sure if the matt black would look OK on my car but your looks great.

Thanks
Best I've got I'm afraid, front splitter is Maxton Design in gloss black, side skirts & rear diffuser are OEM parts in matt black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 11:10 AM   #24
Racing Teatray
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i GC

That San Marino Blue is very lovely.

Never been a great fan of Estoril Blue myself. Too light.

And Fridge White never does it me I'm afraid.

I love Tanzanite Black too and thought about it when ordering my car, but Carbon Black (available on the GC only from memory) was a no-cost option and itself very nice, and Tanzanite didn't seem worth an extra £845 given they are both very dark blues.

Current: Macan GTS
Previous: 440i GC, M135i, E60 M5, Z1, 330d, 135i, Alfa 156 GTA, Mercedes 500E, Audi S3, Audi A3 quattro, VW Golf GTI 16v
Appreciate 1
MarkJS50.00
      03-26-2020, 12:06 PM   #25
Aidym10
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBk View Post
White, black or mineral grey for me. Personally, I think they look sharp in white...
Yea think I'm sold on the white tbh, plus will enjoy cleaning it when it gets dirty! 0
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #26
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidym10 View Post
Yea think I'm sold on the white tbh, plus will enjoy cleaning it when it gets dirty! 0
Coming from a black E90, white is so much easier to live with. After one day, black paint will have a visible layer of dust. Go in the rain with this dust and it looks terrible. On a white car, this dust does not show. Sand/mud will of course show off more on white, but on London roads this is only really an issue during the winter months
      03-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #27
Aidym10
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post
Coming from a black E90, white is so much easier to live with. After one day, black paint will have a visible layer of dust. Go in the rain with this dust and it looks terrible. On a white car, this dust does not show. Sand/mud will of course show off more on white, but on London roads this is only really an issue during the winter months
Yea during the winter months my silver e90 gets pretty dirty but always happy to get the power hose out! I think the thing that scares me about black cars are the bad swirl Mark's are very visable. I'll obviously be getting it detailed but would bug me if I seen them.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 09:55 AM   #28
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidym10 View Post
Yea during the winter months my silver e90 gets pretty dirty but always happy to get the power hose out! I think the thing that scares me about black cars are the bad swirl Mark's are very visable. I'll obviously be getting it detailed but would bug me if I seen them.
oh yes - swirl marks are not noticeable on white either
      03-27-2020, 12:54 PM   #29
Racing Teatray
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post
My car is carbon black and my wife's car is white. It certainly shows the London grime - it goes a sort of cream colour if left unwashed.

Current: Macan GTS
Previous: 440i GC, M135i, E60 M5, Z1, 330d, 135i, Alfa 156 GTA, Mercedes 500E, Audi S3, Audi A3 quattro, VW Golf GTI 16v
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 03:51 PM   #30
omegaelite32
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

MarkJS, did you buy that from BMW used approved? I bet its fully loaded too?? I was drooling over this for ages and would've had that before you had I not needed to fit 3 in the back
Appreciate 1
MarkJS50.00
      03-28-2020, 02:06 AM   #31
MarkJS
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaelite32 View Post
MarkJS, did you buy that from BMW used approved? I bet its fully loaded too?? I was drooling over this for ages and would've had that before you had I not needed to fit 3 in the back
I did indeed. Extra spec includes (IIRC):

Individual paint & leather
M Sport Plus Pack
Innovation Pack with HUD, Driving Assistant, Enhanced Bluetooth etc
Black Piano wood
Reverse Camera
Icon Adaptive LED with High Beam Assist
Extended Storage
Folding Mirrors with anti-dazzle
Black Panel Display

Where did you see it?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 03:47 AM   #32
omegaelite32
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Mark, I saw it on BMW used approved website. There was something else in the spec that confused me. Something that I didn't see in the brochure. Can't remember what it was now. But you are one lucky guy.

Did you manage to get negotiate any money off?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 04:24 AM   #33
MarkJS
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaelite32 View Post
Mark, I saw it on BMW used approved website. There was something else in the spec that confused me. Something that I didn't see in the brochure. Can't remember what it was now. But you are one lucky guy.

Did you manage to get negotiate any money off?
Thank you! It might have been the Innovation Pack that confused you - it did me - because it isn’t in the latest brochure as the contents of that pack are now split across other packs that are available (hope that makes sense!).

I got £500 off plus a set of plates to transfer my number across. Doesn’t sound like much but I had to work pretty hard to get that. I’d been looking at various cars for a long time and dealers (no matter where they were, or the spec of the car) weren’t budging on anything in terms of cash. The most you were offered was a little discount on ‘products’ such as GAP insurance or things like Autoglym lifeshine etc. None of which were of any interest to me.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0