F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Agency Power Intake from x-ph
Studio RSR

09-18-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
sNICKa
Rep
Drives: '18 340i

Agency Power Intake from x-ph

So I purchased the intake over the weekend and just received the shipment today. It was the first time I ever received an intake in the way that I did, meaning it was not in an original box or anything. Almost as if I had lets say bought a used part? Came with no instruction manual, no original box (as mentioned) and also one of the clamps I received in an Injen clamp which definitely makes me think this was some type of open box or return? Has anyone else had something like this happen before with x-ph or any other vendor?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sNICKa View Post
So I purchased the intake over the weekend and just received the shipment today. It was the first time I ever received an intake in the way that I did, meaning it was not in an original box or anything. Almost as if I had lets say bought a used part? Came with no instruction manual, no original box (as mentioned) and also one of the clamps I received in an Injen clamp which definitely makes me think this was some type of open box or return? Has anyone else had something like this happen before with x-ph or any other vendor?
I've had only good experiences with them (extreme power house) over the years - I assume you have called them - what did they have to say?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 07:25 PM   #3
sNICKa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
I've had only good experiences with them (extreme power house) over the years - I assume you have called them - what did they have to say?
First time making a purchase through them but that's because everyone on the forum has had nothing but great things to say about them.

I tried calling earlier but wasn't able to get a hold of anyone. Gonna send them an email and wait for a response. Probably give them another call tomorrow in the AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
sewhelan9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

My AP intake from Mike arrived in similar fashion, but no issues or concerns. The intake was fairly straight forward to install but I did have a couple of hiccups with the intake itself.

I had to file the opening for the MAF sensor to fit properly and I wish the rubber strip around the heat shield was glued on.

The hardest part for me was getting the silicone sleeve over the existing intake tube.
2018 440i Gran Coupe (F36), Glacier Silver/Black Dakota, M Performance and Track Handling Package, MHD Stage 2 and xHP Stage 3 flash tunes, Dinan Shockware and mid-pipe, HJS high-flow cat, AP Intake, RW Carbon duck bill spoiler and rear diffuser
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 01:46 PM   #5
dirkules88
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Mine came the exact same way over here in the UK (incl. 2 Injen hose clamps). Seems to be standard, works a treat and sounds epic.

Only annoying bit was the rubber strip as stated above. Didn't have to file anything, went on smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 05:18 PM   #6
sNICKa
Rep

Hey all, thanks for your replies makes me feel a bit better haha. Trying to install the intake right now but can't for the life of me get the bottom clamp to loosen. Any tips or suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 05:32 PM   #7
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
My BMW catch can from XPH came in the same fashion.

Im wondering if he buys the parts in bulk without retail packaging.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 06:15 AM   #8
disintegrator66
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 340i M-Sport 6MT THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post

Sorry, but FWIW hearing all of this doesnt inspire me to run out and make any purchases from this company. When I buy something as "new" I expect to get new unless otherwise stated. Just seems wierd to me.....

Last edited by disintegrator66; 09-23-2018 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #9
dirkules88
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Quote:
Hey all, thanks for your replies makes me feel a bit better haha. Trying to install the intake right now but can't for the life of me get the bottom clamp to loosen. Any tips or suggestions?
7mm spanner did it for me? then pull hard. Or are you referring to fitting the hose clamp on the silicone tubing? I couldn't get the bottom one over either so it's sitting attached with just the silicone hose... that thing is such a tight fit though, no way in hell that'll come off. Might go and buy a bigger hose clamp eventually.

I'm not sure about your american sales company but it seems that Agency Power delivers the intake as described so I doubt there's much they can do about it.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 06:32 PM   #10
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16' AW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by disintegrator66 View Post
Quote:

Sorry, but FWIW hearing all of this doesnt inspire me to run out and make any purchases from this company. When I buy something as "new" I expect to get new unless otherwise stated. Just seems wierd to me.....
Did someone say they got used stuff :
      10-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #11
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Hello,
We send the products as we get them. Agency Power does not send these to us in original packages so we send it using our own boxes.
We send hundreds of boxes every month, our defect/damaged rate is close to 0%.

Part is not used, its brand new with full warranty.
Extreme Power House is the only place that has had these intakes in stock all summer.
We will also be the only ones to have them until the end of 2018

Quote:

Hi,
The BMS catch can does not come in any retail packaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by disintegrator66 View Post
Hi,
All items we sell are brand new with full warranty.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #12
sNICKa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Hello,
We send the products as we get them. Agency Power does not send these to us in original packages so we send it using our own boxes.
We send hundreds of boxes every month, our defect/damaged rate is close to 0%.

Part is not used, its brand new with full warranty.
Extreme Power House is the only place that has had these intakes in stock all summer.
We will also be the only ones to have them until the end of 2018

Hi,
The BMS catch can does not come in any retail packaging

Hi,
All items we sell are brand new with full warranty.
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the response and clearing that up. Wasn't trying to put XPH on blast or anything. I installed the intake and there haven't been any issues with it. Plan on buying my DP from you guys soon enough.
Appreciate 2
sspade2464.50
      10-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #13
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the response and clearing that up. Wasn't trying to put XPH on blast or anything. I installed the intake and there haven't been any issues with it. Plan on buying my DP from you guys soon enough.
Awesome

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0