F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F32 front bumper fangs?
Studio RSR

01-04-2020, 04:40 PM   #23
robert4ever
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW serie 3 f30 2016

Nice...cool. Well done !
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #24
swallace727
Rep
Drives: 428i GC xDrive - M Sport (F36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by producerlawson View Post
I mounted them with Gorilla double sided mounting tape - when it's applied correctly it's the strongest stuff on the market. I use it for my reg plates as I ditched the plate holder, so it's pretty hard to keep it stuck onto the curve of the front bumper

Nice build.... looks awesome! where did you buy those CF fangs? Are those the MAD or the eBay ones? If they are the eBay ones could you provide the link? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 02:53 PM   #25
Ace Rimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortythirtyfive View Post
I mounted them with Gorilla double sided mounting tape - when it's applied correctly it's the strongest stuff on the market. I use it for my reg plates as I ditched the plate holder, so it's pretty hard to keep it stuck onto the curve of the front bumper

Can you please provide the link to purchase these or information where to get them?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 07:30 PM   #26
redslumber
Rep
Drives: BMW

+1 to reviving a dead thread! Would be interested in picking these up as well!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 05:27 PM   #27
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

So they're the Morph Auto Design ones, however I had a real shitty experience if I'm truthfully honest.

They came shipped with a bunch of small merchandise to hype up the product, but the overall finish was pretty substandard. Their F30 design is available for around $400 less on eBay, so I figured whoever they import them from in China must be reselling them.

The prepreg had a few cracks, a bunch of scrapes and sanding marks which hadn't been removed. In fact the worst two things were how they had filled voids with black paint and also got a thumb print under the resin.. now you could argue I purchased them during "sale prices" however they were still £400, reduced from like £550 or something crazy.

In the end they shipped me a second pair which I got stung on import taxes for, which were no better but I persevered with what I had. Luckily I do odd bits of carbon laminating myself so I ended up rebuilding them.

Are they still available? I'm not entirely sure, I saw multiple posts about MAD closing the business down and one or two negative reviews online, however I haven't really dealt with them since I received the shipment.
      09-15-2020, 04:23 PM   #28
dís_f30
G
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i F30 Luxury Line

Garage List
Those are aero splitters, not fangs. ebay is the worst place to get items like that like, they can be found on more reliable sites.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 09:21 PM   #29
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by _g_cypher_ View Post
Those are aero splitters, not fangs. ebay is the worst place to get items like that like, they can be found on more reliable sites.
Not for F32, there are very few options for these for F32.

I ordered the aliexpress ones, ill take some pictures when I get them in.
      09-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #30
WillLowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 435d

Surely someone must make the style shown above in plastic? Failing that couldnt someone just scan and 3d print these? I've had my eye on them for a while but at that sort of price there's no chance
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 07:50 AM   #31
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtypants44 View Post
Not for F32, there are very few options for these for F32.

I ordered the aliexpress ones, ill take some pictures when I get them in.
I'm guessing you've gone for these?

I actually tried ordering some from Aliexpress but the seller messed me about so much I requested my cash back within a few hours. The thing that put me off those were the fact I had to glue them onto the flat face of the bumper, rather than sitting recessed in the bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillLowe View Post
Surely someone must make the style shown above in plastic? Failing that couldnt someone just scan and 3d print these? I've had my eye on them for a while but at that sort of price there's no chance
I attempted to, however there's so much prep and labour involved no one was willing to pay the price for my work involved. The problem is mass production for car accessories out of China has made everyone become accustom to paying next to nothing for quality parts.

Once 3d printed you've got to sand all the surfaces down flat, smooth off any imperfections with filler and then have a bodyshop paint them. I was rudely told in another group that if I was pricing them over £50 then I shouldn't even bother.

In all honesty prepreg carbon would be the way to go (for production ease) but even then without making a profit you'd need to price them between £260/270 for a set. The only negative to carbon is having a good enough mould made which would set you back a few hundred (it would need to be a metal or composite mould with CAD involved).
      10-19-2020, 05:45 PM   #32
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Heres the aliexpress ones:
View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

They arent bad. The weave is a little wonky on the sides, but cant complain for $125
View post on imgur.com