F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Real time traffic and non real time traffic
proTUNING Freaks

01-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #1
Beemn Milan
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: F36 435i GC/JCW Works Cup Car

Real time traffic and non real time traffic

So for some reason or another my nav..NBT Pro while using my key has the green/grey colour tones which is crap to look at and see on a bright day...this would be fine only my car doesn't have RTT, the odd bit is when my wife uses her key the map is the standard easy to see grey/white /yellow /red etc etc....like in pic 2....anyone every come across this sort of thing with the keys?

Back round is my NBT started to fail with "No signal" so another unit was sourced from the UK from a newer model (this I have worked out from the service history which is in the idrive).
when the work was done my wife dropped the car off with her key which makes me think it's to do with the keys???...that or.....???

appreciate any help
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #2
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
Kinda hard to tell with the lighting, but it looks like your map (left pic) is set to either the alternative colors, or another setting I'm thinking of.

If you scroll to the bottom of the options on your map, there should be an option that says 'Additional Settings'. In there, you'll find option to choose between standard or alternative colors, as well as Day, Night, or Auto mode.

I'll have to check my car out during my lunch break, but I think this could be the fix to your problem.
      01-09-2019, 08:59 AM   #3
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

Mine looks the same so just had a look using 2nd key to find the "nicer" colours. Seems like if you scroll down to traffic information and change the traffic information map it changes. Selecting alternate colours doesn't make any difference,at least to mine.
Mick
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #4
Mikesmith2939
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i xdrive

Each key stores a profile of the Idrive configurations. So your key probably has a different profile to your wife's. I'm sure somewhere in iDrive you can select the different profiles, you can also save them to a USB stick.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #5
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by machman767 View Post
Mine looks the same so just had a look using 2nd key to find the "nicer" colours. Seems like if you scroll down to traffic information and change the traffic information map it changes. Selecting alternate colours doesn't make any difference,at least to mine.
Mick
Thanks Mick! I was gonna follow up on this but saw you explained it! Below is a pic of the option on the map.

And for the "alternate colors" on my map, looks like it only changes the color of the major roadways. From yellow, to another color.
Attached Images

01-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #6
Beemn Milan
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep

thanks guys, my issue is I don't have the traffic info option to change the map like in your photo,
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 01:19 AM   #7
Beemn Milan
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep

just an update, tried the profile delete and still no lick, I don't have the traffic button on the left of the menu, but here is a pic of both maps
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 01:21 PM   #8
GoranBonn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 330d SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemn Milan View Post
just an update, tried the profile delete and still no lick, I don't have the traffic button on the left of the menu, but here is a pic of both maps
I think it's on the second to last button on the left, the "map views" icon, there might be an additional sub-menu in there "additional options". But in there should be options for 3D buildings, POIs, and also "traffic view". That's the one to toggle to get the grey or normal map.

When you have the grey / traffic view, then the day/night view options don't make a difference any more.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 04:20 PM   #9
Beemn Milan
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoranBonn View Post
Quote:
I think it's on the second to last button on the left, the "map views" icon, there might be an additional sub-menu in there "additional options". But in there should be options for 3D buildings, POIs, and also "traffic view". That's the one to toggle to get the grey or normal map.

When you have the grey / traffic view, then the day/night view options don't make a difference any more.
nope, don't have it...waiting for my new bluetooth adaptor to arrive so I can see if I can code it out with bimmercode...so annoying
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 12:06 AM   #10
Duke3D
Rep
Drives: F31 330xD

So if you enter this menu, there is no option regarding day-nightmode and map colour?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 12:09 AM   #11
Beemn Milan
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke3D View Post
So if you enter this menu, there is no option regarding day-nightmode and map colour?
[IMG]undefined[/IMG]

don't know why its upside down but yes have that but not the option to turn on traffic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 02:20 AM   #12
Duke3D
Rep

So those are the settings of the key that has the "wrong" map colour? If so, i can't explain the difference.
You could enter the profile menue under idrive settings-> profile and reset the individual profile or even try to copy the profile of key1 to key2.

If this isnt helping i would reset the idrive via ESys by coding it according FA to factory settings.

Don't have any more ideas how to correct this.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2019, 02:37 AM   #13
Beemn Milan
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke3D View Post
So those are the settings of the key that has the "wrong" map colour? If so, i can't explain the difference.
You could enter the profile menue under idrive settings-> profile and reset the individual profile or even try to copy the profile of key1 to key2.

If this isnt helping i would reset the idrive via ESys by coding it according FA to factory settings.

Don't have any more ideas how to correct this.
when I deleted the my profile from the settings menu all it did was alter stereo stations, seats, mirrors etc etc. The nav screen stayed set to real time traffic with no option icon to turn on or off. I will get the car back to my nav guy who works on these to sort when time is available. What I can't understand is how if it's coded to the car does it work with one key and not the other? Hurts my brain...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #14
Duke3D
Rep

I am on mobile, so I might have overlooked if you already changed the settings in this menue?

EDIT: Yeah, queation already answered... crazy that you have no access.
Is there a possibility that someone has coded your NBT and removed this option?

EDIT2: I played around a bit and as you said, it is not possible to reset the map by resetting the profile. But you have three profiles to chose from, so try to activate the third one (i guess first is set to key1 and second to key2) and check if the map is coloured correct. If yes, you bind profile three to the key that has the wrong map setting and reconfigure the rest (radio, memory seats, etc.) as the rest should be accessible for changes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #15
GoranBonn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 330d SB

Quote:
[IMG]undefined[/IMG]

don't know why its upside down but yes have that but not the option to turn on traffic
This photo you've uploaded (the upside down one) is the "right click menu" in navigation, the one when you go right with the navi controller or press options.

That's the WRONG menu. The option you are looking for is NOT there.

The option is within the navigation menus on the left side.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 04:40 PM   #16
Beemn Milan
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoranBonn View Post
Quote:
[IMG]undefined[/IMG]

This photo you've uploaded (the upside down one) is the "right click menu" in navigation, the one when you go right with the navi controller or press options.

That's the WRONG menu. The option you are looking for is NOT there.

The option is within the navigation menus on the left side.
correct, that was for Duke3 to see,
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 01:43 AM   #17
Beemn Milan
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep

finally sorted it by actually coding the traffic option into the car with bimmercode, worked a dream as I can turn it off...now some how I have removed my split screen content ie, entertainment details, eco pro and what ever other split screen options to view the was other than map
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 03:40 AM   #18
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

Quote:
finally sorted it by actually coding the traffic option into the car with bimmercode, worked a dream as I can turn it off...now some how I have removed my split screen content ie, entertainment details, eco pro and what ever other split screen options to view the was other than map
Which menu is it on Bimmercode to code traffic option? Mine is also missing it and I'd like to give it a go, ta
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 01:02 PM   #19
Beemn Milan
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep

This is what I used.
Attached Images

Last edited by Beemn Milan; 01-26-2019 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0