F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Lease Return to Kuni BMW - Trying to find owner
proTUNING Freaks

01-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i

Garage List
Lease Return to Kuni BMW - Trying to find owner

Hello all,

I am trying to locate the owner of a recent lease return to Kuni BMW in the Portland Oregon area.

It appears the car has the MPPK installed and wondering where the owner had it installed and if there were any issues with the DME after initial installation.

I almost bought a M235i last year when someone here let me know some history of the car. Cracked block, heavily modified, etc., before being returned after the lease was up.

2016 435i xdrive, Mineral Gray Metallic.

https://www.kunibmw.com/certified/BM...f6efab0061.htm

Let me know if you know of this car or what your thoughts are on pricing, etc.

Thanks in advance.
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 10:13 PM   #2
JimBean2014
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregondonor View Post
Hello all,

I am trying to locate the owner of a recent lease return to Kuni BMW in the Portland Oregon area.

It appears the car has the MPPK installed and wondering where the owner had it installed and if there were any issues with the DME after initial installation.

I almost bought a M235i last year when someone here let me know some history of the car. Cracked block, heavily modified, etc., before being returned after the lease was up.

2016 435i xdrive, Mineral Gray Metallic.

https://www.kunibmw.com/certified/BM...f6efab0061.htm

Let me know if you know of this car or what your thoughts are on pricing, etc.

Thanks in advance.
I am not sure if it has M performance exhaust but I think it is a terrible deal.. overpriced by at least 7-8k..may be 10k.. check on cars.com for price comparison👍
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 11:00 PM   #3
Larry77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Comp "Ultimate Pkg"

Dude, if you are going to spend that much buy their 2013 M5 that they have!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #4
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry77 View Post
Dude, if you are going to spend that much buy their 2013 M5 that they have!
Maybe for the wife. I'm looking to replace the coupe in the garage.
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 12:26 AM   #5
natesi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

FWIW: I like Kuni BMW much better than BMW Portland -- they fucking suck. Will never step foot in BMW Portland again -- sales and service are inept, low-effort, and utterly horrible. Sorry -- know this is a bit off topic, but the service and level of attention, care, and detail, at Kuni, blows BMW Portland out of the water. It's not even close.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 01:29 AM   #6
Mkswoosh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi tanzanite blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesi View Post
FWIW: I like Kuni BMW much better than BMW Portland -- they fucking suck. Will never step foot in BMW Portland again -- sales and service are inept, low-effort, and utterly horrible. Sorry -- know this is a bit off topic, but the service and level of attention, care, and detail, at Kuni, blows BMW Portland out of the water. It's not even close.
Was there a particular SA you didnt like at portland bmw? I'm going to use them since it's a lot closer than kuni.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #7
Larry77
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkswoosh View Post
Was there a particular SA you didnt like at portland bmw? I'm going to use them since it's a lot closer than kuni.
I would avoid Dan if you can, he's who I have had and will definitely be switching the next time I go in (I'm kind of stuck with BMW Portland due to having oil changes for life).

I've used both BMW Portland and Kuni because we purchased used vehicles at both. Overall I have had better experiences at Kuni but not much better, have had issues at both unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #8
natesi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
If you're on the freeway, it only takes 5 more minutes to get to Kuni -- I wouldn't let that distance be a deciding factor. Besides that, their parking lot is a total cluster fuck. There have been times at BMW Portland, that I couldn't even get in their driveway -- their tiny parking lot can be over-flowing with cars.

My SA was Sean. Avoid him at all costs -- he lied to me about work they allegedly did on my car, every single time I've been there. He (nor the mechanic) also don't know the difference between a clear-bra and a tape line -- they accused me of having massive front-end damage repaired. The shop foreman also smeared Goof Off all over the threashold plastic of my driver's side door -- now it looks 15 years old. They are complete idiots there. And a final minor-nit -- their "car washes" suck. And every time I get the car back (including the new car purchase where they "detail" your car), I have to clean the beige interior door handle, seat, etc, of grease and dirt, as well as long, black, shoe marks on the door. Seriously, stay the fuck away -- so not worth it for 5 extra minutes of travel. The experience at Kuni has been night and day for me.

At Kuni, the parking lot isn't a cluster fuck. They don't make you deal ONLY with your SA -- they seamlessly hand you off to who ever can serve you best -- and it's no big deal. They actually listen, attentively. They will gladly go on rides with you to demonstrate an issue and it's no big deal. They are thoughtful when you come in for service -- and keep in mind how far you've come (if from out of town) and offer to fit as much maintenance in, as possible, if it is within the allowed "window". They actually do the work they said they did (imagine that). They don't think your clear-bra is a tape-line from former body work. They don't dirty and stain the interior, when you get your car back. Their car wash doesn't look like it was performed by 12 year-olds. And they have a nice, big, comfortable, and pleasant, waiting area.

Anyway, that's just my experience, for what it is worth.

Last edited by natesi; 01-21-2019 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 12:35 AM   #9
Larry77
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesi View Post
If you're on the freeway, it only takes 5 more minutes to get to Kuni -- I wouldn't let that distance be a deciding factor. Besides that, their parking lot is a total cluster fuck. There have been times at BMW Portland, that I couldn't even get in their driveway -- their tiny parking lot can be over-flowing with cars.

My SA was Sean. Avoid him at all costs -- he lied to me about work they allegedly did on my car, every single time I've been there. He (nor the mechanic) also don't know the difference between a clear-bra and a tape line -- they accused me of having massive front-end damage repaired. The shop foreman also smeared Goof Off all over the threashold plastic of my driver's side door -- now it looks 15 years old. They are complete idiots there. And a final minor-nit -- their "car washes" suck. And every time I get the car back (including the new car purchase where they "detail" your car), I have to clean the beige interior door handle, seat, etc, of grease and dirt, as well as long, black, shoe marks on the door. Seriously, stay the fuck away -- so not worth it for 5 extra minutes of travel. The experience at Kuni has been night and day for me.

At Kuni, the parking lot isn't a cluster fuck. They don't make you deal ONLY with your SA -- they seamlessly hand you off to who ever can serve you best -- and it's no big deal. They actually listen, attentively. They will gladly go on rides with you to demonstrate an issue and it's no big deal. They are thoughtful when you come in for service -- and keep in mind how far you've come (if from out of town) and offer to fit as much maintenance in, as possible, if it is within the allowed "window". They actually do the work they said they did (imagine that). They don't think your clear-bra is a tape-line from former body work. They don't dirty and stain the interior, when you get your car back. Their car wash doesn't look like it was performed by 12 year-olds. And they have a nice, big, comfortable, and pleasant, waiting area.

Anyway, that's just my experience, for what it is worth.
Very well said, I don't know Sean but the rest is spot on from my own experiences with both dealerships...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 06:24 AM   #10
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

I've had my ups and downs with Kuni over the last 6 years, specifically during some staffing changes right after they were sold...but the folk who caused the "down" period are gone. I've given Portland BMW a chance on every sale, and they blew it every time, for a variety of reasons, but it mostly came down to acting like I should be honored to give them money, rather than the other way around.

If you need a trustworthy, knowledgeable salesperson at Kuni who will treat you right, talk to Joseph.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 10:04 PM   #11
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Wow... my thread got totally jacked!

I like Kuni and would by another car there without reservation. I personally know several BMW owners and my wife is a banker (she hears car purchasing stories from customers all the time) and we have not heard favorable reviews of Portland BMW.

We actually live closer to Salem and since they moved the dealership has really stepped up their game. I get my car serviced there now and have for years. I've come to really like their staff and would buy a car there if it was the right fit.

So no one recognizes the 2016 435i I linked? Strange thing about that car is the pictured M Performance engine cover and my salesmen and other staff tell me it doesn't have the the MPPK. Would someone really put just the M Performance engine cover on?! Maybe a younger owner? "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Last edited by oregondonor; 01-23-2019 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 05:08 AM   #12
Mkswoosh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi tanzanite blue

Garage List
Personally, I wouldn't buy it at that price/millage. Reason is that even i purchased a 340i, it was a 2018. On top of the included pkgs, mine also had the executive pkg. 7k miles, extended maintenance warranty, special color order. Just about 2-3k more after taxes and fees.

My guess is that it had the mppsk on it but later removed/sold. If the engine cover fits I'll buy it off of you. Ahah
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 11:15 PM   #13
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't buy it at that price/millage. Reason is that even i purchased a 340i, it was a 2018. On top of the included pkgs, mine also had the executive pkg. 7k miles, extended maintenance warranty, special color order. Just about 2-3k more after taxes and fees.

My guess is that it had the mppsk on it but later removed/sold. If the engine cover fits I'll buy it off of you. Ahah
It's not really a good fit for me. I prefer RWD to AWD. And yes...the price is very high. Kuni just got this car and they do this all the time. Jack up the price initially and it slowly comes down. There are several cars in the SF bay area with less miles and much lower price. Granted they have sales tax.
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0