F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > F30 custom subwoofer system – all components included
GetBMWParts

03-10-2024, 09:40 AM   #1
dmeyers
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

F30 custom subwoofer system – all components included

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 900.00

Item Interest
This integrates directly with the Harman Kardon premium system. It is totally plug and play. No modifications to the car are required and no splicing of the stock wiring. With the flexibility of the line level adjustments and amp gain, it blends very well with the stock, under-seat subs and gives a huge improvement in kick and warmth.

Included:
-Storage tray that has been sealed with fiberglass
-Boston Acoustics 10.0LF subwoofer
-Alpine MRV-M500 amplifier
-Custom carpeted inset to mount the amp in the right side of the trunk
-Technic PNP sub harness that plugs direct into the stock amp and provides a speaker level output.
https://technicpnp.com/product/logic...sub-t-harness/

-link2 Line Output Converter – allows speaker level output to convert to RCA input
https://technicpnp.com/product/logic...harness-wlocx/

All wiring (power, ground, speaker wire, remote turn on lead, RCA cable) including fuse block and ring connections for amp power and ground.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 02:22 PM   #2
APATHTC
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive

Did you have to sound deaden the trunk area?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 02:51 PM   #3
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
FYI- from the photos it appears that you have mounted the inline fuse close to the amplifier. I’ve always been taught to mount the fuse within 12” of the battery or power source end. Then if there is a problem it’s only that small length of wire that’s susceptible, instead of a long length of wire leading all the way to the amplifier.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 09:51 PM   #4
APATHTC
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
FYI- from the photos it appears that you have mounted the inline fuse close to the amplifier. I’ve always been taught to mount the fuse within 12” of the battery or power source end. Then if there is a problem it’s only that small length of wire that’s susceptible, instead of a long length of wire leading all the way to the amplifier.
The amp, in the photos, is literally mounted on top of the battery. Maybe inches from it. Chill, pal.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 10:52 AM   #5
dmeyers
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APATHTC View Post
Did you have to sound deaden the trunk area?
I did not, but no rattles or other issues. The enclosure is relatively heavy (30 pounds?) and due to the material, has nothing that really would make noise against the metal body. But normally I'm a Dynamat or other deadening material fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 10:54 AM   #6
dmeyers
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APATHTC View Post
The amp, in the photos, is literally mounted on top of the battery. Maybe inches from it. Chill, pal.
Yes - a very short battery and ground lead. There is a body-mounted ground directly underneath next to the battery. I also used a wooden base for the amp mount, so no wires passing through metal.
Appreciate 0