F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MAF sensor and rpm fluctuation?
proTUNING Freaks

01-15-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
seven7aces
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 328iX

MAF sensor and rpm fluctuation?

Hi!

Hoping someone may be able to point me in a closer direction as I wait to get in for the dealer. About 2 weeks ago or so I was noticing on start up (2015 328ix) it was revving higher than usual and the rpm would jump ever so slightly, engine hesitation would also occur at times of driving. When I was driving it it would idle fine but the hesitation would occur. After some research saw that it might be the MAF sensor. So I removed it, sprayed it with sensor cleaner, let dry and replaced, still seemed to happen. I ordered a new sensor and before I installed I started it without the connector to it to read the MAF and the engine seemed to behave as usual.

I went along with the install and started it which lead to minor fluctuation in the rpm but it dropped do to the usual ~800 or so idle. Drove it to get gas and put air in the tires and called it. Today when I started it which is about 5 deg. F, it immediately jumped to ~2500 on start up and was moving from ~800 to ~1500 and back down constantly for what it seemed. I let it run for a minute or so and it kept doing the same thing so I turned it off. Hoping to call dealership on Monday in hopes of having them look at it but I can't seem to figure out what else the problem might be. Thanks!
Appreciate 0