F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

12-26-2019, 02:19 AM   #1717
mia_chem
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 330e

I bought the avinusa android 9.0 screen for my lci f30 as a christmas present and its probably one of the best and easiest mods ive done. I have some experience in fiddling with trim panels and plug n play electronics in the car so the installation went really smooth except for a of bit and a screw disappearing behind the dash, with the screw appearing again on the floormats.

So far i've had no issues that I haven't been able to resolve with relative ease. I was kinda disappointed I couldnt set spotify as my music player, but then I updated the snapdragon and mcu and all is well. Another issue was I use a data sim card from my carrier so I have constant mobile internet access for the unit, but this had a pin lock that I needed to put in every time I turned on the car. This was just disabled in the android settings lol. I'm gonna install carplay tomorrow as I bought it with the black adapter.

Only other thing that kinda annoys me is the reversing screen that pops up to show me the "back-up camera" that i've never had and never really cared for to retrofit. Its a bit of an annoying screen as I dont know any easy way to get out of it quickly. Might just retrofit a camera as this screen is pushing me further into a more optioned car.

Very happy with the screen itself, the bootup time, touch sensitivity and lack of lag, resolution, etc etc. I tried to install the screen protector but I have no idea how to install such things without air bubbles so I failed every single one of the three that came with it lmao
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 03:04 AM   #1718
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Merry Christmas to all! (Let's hope this is still allowed to say in all parts of Europe next year ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia_chem View Post
Only other thing that kinda annoys me is the reversing screen that pops up to show me the "back-up camera" that i've never had and never really cared for to retrofit. Its a bit of an annoying screen as I dont know any easy way to get out of it quickly. Might just retrofit a camera as this screen is pushing me further into a more optioned car.
You can change the built-in backup camera interface in different ways:
1. Switch the option in Factory settings, Vehicle, Gear selection. This should disable the camera interface entirely.
2. If you want to display the oem interface instead, change Camera selection under Settings, System.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 03:38 AM   #1719
Kuj0n
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 320xdA B47

Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuj0n View Post
Hello
Are any of you using an iPhone with a snapdragon unit? How does the bluetooth connection work, any problems? I will be buying a new phone and thinking about buying an iPhone 11pro. I saw some problem that when playing music through Spotify on this snapdragon device any sound (e.g. blocking the screen, sending sms or other incoming connections) from the iPhone paused the music (and you need to manually start music again).
If there will be any problem i think I should stay with android phone.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 04:11 AM   #1720
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsnake View Post
Kri,

Can you please explain how you did the following?

* Automatic Brightness Control -> CF.Lumen root access
* Activating Google Assistant permanently
* making Topbar smaller (overscan)
* Disable Bluetooth -> resolving Bluetooth connectivity issue when Stock CIC/NBT BT is still used.

thanks

* Automatic Brightness Control -> CF.Lumen root access -> Install from play store, it has a root mode

* Activating Google Assistant permanently -> done with marakeh`s method se here

* making Topbar smaller (overscan)-> found out by myself, check here.

* Disable Bluetooth -> resolving Bluetooth connectivity issue when Stock -> done via a tool, but this has adware thats why i have not published it yet.
basicly you just need to disable the BT service.
i`ll publish a method when i have time to search for a manual way to disable it.

Kri
Appreciate 3
gsnake19.00
akirax30.50
      12-26-2019, 04:44 AM   #1721
Shrazy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by uris View Post
Will this also work on PX6??
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 10:58 AM   #1722
gsnake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
* Automatic Brightness Control -> CF.Lumen root access -> Install from play store, it has a root mode

* Disable Bluetooth -> resolving Bluetooth connectivity issue when Stock -> done via a tool, but this has adware thats why i have not published it yet.
i`ll publish a method when i have time to search for a manual way to disable it.

Kri
thank you, very useful! I will give it all a try!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #1723
akirax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:

Kri
I'm using bmw bluethoot, not the Android BT.

I'm listening music in Android and when I receive and incoming call I can answer it, but when I finish, it stays at the bmw BT screen and doesn't go again to the Android and the music doesn't keep playing. I need to go manually to Android.

Can be this fixed?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 11:33 AM   #1724
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirax View Post
I'm using bmw bluethoot, not the Android BT.

I'm listening music in Android and when I receive and incoming call I can answer it, but when I finish, it stays at the bmw BT screen and doesn't go again to the Android and the music doesn't keep playing. I need to go manually to Android.

Can be this fixed?

Cheers.
This is a normal behavior, so it can`t be "fixed" :/

Kri
Appreciate 1
akirax30.50
      12-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #1725
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

With my Avin unit, I still use the BMW BT system to accept and make calls, at first it was a pain to get from the Android side to accept the call until I realised I just needed to press the phone icon on the steering wheel. Press it again when finished and it goes back to the CarPlay screen virtually instantly. I'm getting more and more impressed by this unit all the time.
Mick
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #1726
-pascal-
Rep
Drives: 1 series/F20 (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrazy View Post
Will this also work on PX6??
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 02:32 AM   #1727
Ericokta
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW f20 LCI

what is the difference with the INTEL unit and ANDROID unit ?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 04:29 AM   #1728
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericokta View Post
what is the difference with the INTEL unit and ANDROID unit ?
They are all android units (operating system) as far as I know. It's just the chips are made by different manufacturers. The Qualcomm (Snapdragon) chips are the widest used and therefore the architecture is the most understood and has the best after market support. You'd expect Intel to be well supported, but they are a minor player in this market at the mo - you won't find much support or development
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 04:30 AM   #1729
franbass
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

The seller just send me a new update for snapdragon devices, 3.6.8 version:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a93...7101639/3cdfbe
Appreciate 6
Kri1083.50
akirax30.50
RedErik1023.50
      12-27-2019, 05:00 AM   #1730
Alpina_Guy
Dirk
Germany
Rep
Drives: Alpina D5

Quote:

Kri
By doing this is Apple wireless still working? Cause from my understanding it needs bluetooth to connect
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 05:19 AM   #1731
novoiperkele
Rep
Drives: BMW E46, F30

Are there any Android head units with line out? Or even a DSP for subwoofer etc.

F30 2016 330e
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 05:34 AM   #1732
Alpina_Guy
Dirk
Germany
Rep
Drives: Alpina D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by franbass View Post

Thanks,

installed without issues
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 07:12 AM   #1733
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_Guy View Post
By doing this is Apple wireless still working? Cause from my understanding it needs bluetooth to connect

Sorry, i don`t know, i have no wireless carplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franbass View Post

I checked the update in comparison to 3.6.3 , this version 3.6.8. is from 13th december 2019.

Code:
ro.build.display.id=Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v3.6.8
ro.build.version.incremental=eng..20191213.040950
ro.build.date=Fri Dec 13 04:12:38 CST 2019
ro.build.fingerprint=Android/msm8953_64/msm8953_64:9/PKQ1.190202.001/12130412:userdebug/test-keys
Again no real bugfixes found in this update, "only" again two new GUIs ...

If you want to try out the new GUI`s you need to add following lines to your factory_config.xml "SupportedUIList" settings.

Code:
		<Item id="95" name = "Benz_GS" />
		<Item id="96" name = "BMW_EVO_ID6_GS" />
Kri
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
twoface52.50
RedErik1023.50
gsnake19.00
hextek0.00
      12-27-2019, 07:56 AM   #1734
franbass
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Quote:
Sorry, i don`t know, i have no wireless carplay.

I checked the update in comparison to 3.6.3 , this version 3.6.8. is from 13th december 2019.

Code:
ro.build.display.id=Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v3.6.8
ro.build.version.incremental=eng..20191213.040950
ro.build.date=Fri Dec 13 04:12:38 CST 2019
ro.build.fingerprint=Android/msm8953_64/msm8953_64:9/PKQ1.190202.001/12130412:userdebug/test-keys
Again no real bugfixes found in this update, "only" again two new GUIs ...

If you want to try out the new GUI`s you need to add following lines to your factory_config.xml "SupportedUIList" settings.

Code:
		<Item id="95" name = "Benz_GS" />
		<Item id="96" name = "BMW_EVO_ID6_GS" />
Kri
Thank you Kri!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 10:28 AM   #1735
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Re: Automatic Brightness Control (ABC)

Were you having issues with the ABC not working? As in, unit not remembering the Brightness setting after turning the unit off?

Quote:
thats not entirely true.
Rooting brings benefit to apps that require root for optimal working, for example to:

* Automatic Brightness Control -> CF.Lumen root access
* System Reboot App -> SimpleReboot
* Activating Google Assistant permanently
* making Topbar smaller (overscan)
* Automating Tasks with Tasker, for example, for music sound issue, global idrive support, ect.
* Disable Bluetooth -> resolving Bluetooth connectivity issue when Stock CIC/NBT BT is still used.

This optimations only require root, they dont require Magisk/Xposed/Luckypatcher.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #1736
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Re: Automatic Brightness Control (ABC)

Were you having issues with the ABC not working? As in, unit not remembering the Brightness setting after turning the unit off?
the unit itself does not have any real brightness control at all, it only has day/night setting.
the Brigthness controll which selectable through the car headlights on/off is no help, this does not work when DRL and Lightautomatic is on.

So with CF.Lumen first the day/night setting is set more accurate to your geo location, and you can set the brightness much better.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 12:23 PM   #1737
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Thanks for your response.

The problem that I noticed with an AVIN unit is that the Brightness setting (i.e. set to 19) is not remembered after turning unit off, regardless of ABC setting. Unit is full bright after turning it on -although the setting is still 19. Adjusting the brightness +/- 1 from the setting will get the display back to the dimmed mode -until unit is turned off and then it defaults to full brightness again.

AVIN is saying that "this behavior is normal" even after the latest update, which is absurd.

Quote:
the unit itself does not have any real brightness control at all, it only has day/night setting.
the Brigthness controll which selectable through the car headlights on/off is no help, this does not work when DRL and Lightautomatic is on.

So with CF.Lumen first the day/night setting is set more accurate to your geo location, and you can set the brightness much better.

Kri
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2019, 01:00 PM   #1738
Pondaire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenza750 View Post
That sounds nice. Maybe I'll try rooting also.
Are the risks of bricking minimal?
LuckyPatcher is also easy to install. You can use it to remove the signature verification so you can install modded apps. This is how I am reverse engineering the bluetooth app (bTSuite.apk)

Quote:
Can you elaborate on this please? What's the issue with the bluetooth?
Appreciate 1