F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

01-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #1981
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmirage View Post
I got it as an official release from a folder mekede provided me. They provided that folder earlier but it should contain the software which is accepted to them.

What do I need to complain about at them?
Because otherwise they won`t report this to the engineer to solve it .

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #1982
tmirage
Rep
Drives: BMW e61 (530i) 2009 - CIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Because otherwise they won`t report this to the engineer to solve it .

Kri
Sorry,

I understand but I mean can you give me the current issues? I didn't understand them all or I don't have experienced them yet. So I give them a correct list of current issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 11:56 AM   #1983
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmirage View Post
Sorry,

I understand but I mean can you give me the current issues? I didn't understand them all or I don't have experienced them yet. So I give them a correct list of current issues.
When you already got it from them then you can send them a list, here is what bugs i have open

Bug: Idrive Rotation at Apple Carplay is vice versa

Bug: Music is very silent when a alternative Music app (like Spotify, DAB+,Carplay) is startet before the built in Music app at boot.

Bug: Volume and Sound settings are not stored, after a reboot they a back to normal, even when changing them via factory_config.xml they do not work.

Bug: Belt warning at Dashboard app is always red (at least at my E Series Car)

Bug: (or not really), the Speedo at Dashboard is extremly unrealistic with 330km/h v-max

Bug: Widevine DRM System is missing on Snapdragon Unit, Apps that rely on them like Netflix do not work.

I also have a Feature/Wishlist, this list is three times as long

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #1984
copeal
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 530I E60

Hello, i am happy with the new update but i have a problem about mic sound in CarPlay. When i speak through CarPlay, my sound (mic) is distorted and when i speak through BT app the sound is good. My CarPlay is Carlinkit (wifi).

This issue is not nice, i need change output in my iPhone, between BT and CarPlay during the call. it seems a problem of noise in the voltage supply but i have the filter and the sound in others apps is perfect.

Best regards,
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 01:37 PM   #1985
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Me too, , dipol Antennas behind the bumper are a possibility, but they are very expensiv.

i`m trying to build my own at the moment, but may take a while to test, because its cold outside

Kri
E87 actually has built-in antenna for DAB-III in the rear window, you probably got it if you have two vertical strings there. I'm using that now. Some countries use DAB-L, that one is located in the roof antenna.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 01:50 PM   #1986
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
E87 actually has built-in antenna for DAB-III in the rear window, you probably got it if you have two vertical strings there. I'm using that now. Some countries use DAB-L, that one is located in the roof antenna.
Yes i know that, my car also has it, but my Diversity module is without DAB
So i would need a different Diversity module, and the DAB-Amplifier and they are expensive.

have you retrofitted the Diversity/AMP , or have you connected the USB Dongle directly to the Antenna ?

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #1987
Alpina_Guy
Dirk
Germany
Rep
Drives: Alpina D5

Quote:
Bug: (or not really), the Speedo at Dashboard is extremly unrealistic with 330km/h v-max

Kri
That's not a bug :-) .

I need it for my D5 ;-) and I'm happy that the speedo is not limited for me
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #1988
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_Guy View Post
That's not a bug :-) .

I need it for my D5 ;-) and I'm happy that the speedo is not limited for me

Yeah, there are maybe "some" Cars that go more than 300km/h, but most of the useres Cars probably even don`t do 250 km/h.
Anyways they have to be in (or near) germany, like you and me to be able to drive that fast

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 04:41 PM   #1989
kostas_GR
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Guys, i have great news

I got Update 3.8.0 for SD625 Units in my hands, with two impressive Updates !

I checked the update in comparison to 3.7.5 , this version 3.8.0 is from 3rd January 2020.

Code:
ro.build.display.id=Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v3.8.0
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.zlx.20200103.111049
ro.bootimage.build.date=Fri Jan 3 17:55:58 CST 2020

ro.bootimage.build.fingerprint=Android/msm8953_64/msm8953_64:9/PKQ1.190202.001/zlx01031755:userdebug/test-keys
You can download the Update from Wetransfer or Mega.nz.

Feature: Idrive Support for Apple Carplay / Android Auto with Autokit Adapter! (tested with wired CPC200 Dongle)
Edit: Feature: Idrive Working globally!
Feature: enable/disable switch for Android built in Bluetooth !, great if you are still using car factory BT and have troubles with stable connection.

Update/Bugfix: new ADAS Dashcam app now installed by default (new app only 3mb file size, old was 37mb)
Feature: Seatbelt warning Icon at Dashboard app
Update/Bugfix: Bluetooth App Call Back feature of "Autokit Auto Box" Adapter ? don`t know exactly what this code does.

So First of all, finally we got Idrive Support, so as for now i see no reason anymore to Buy "old" PX6 units, which i think was the only reason for still buying them.
Oh before i forget, scrolling with the controller is inverted on my E series car.

The Second thing is also a notice worth, i reported the Bluetooh issue and the workaround to disable Bluetooth to a chinese Seller some time ago.
Now they really implemented a feature to disable Bluetooth !
This is the first time i know where feedback from a customer has lead to a new feature

I also Updated my Factory_config.xml file to the latest version, with following changes to the Original one.

* Translated chinese text to english
* Added 6 additional GUI`s selection
* Added DAB-Z App to DVR App list, to allow use of DVR Tile for Starting it (only ID5/ID6 GUI)
* all known Headunits from different factory_config.xml files added
* some additional Language Support activated
* Changed default Factory Password to "0" (Zero)

I recommend to compare this file settings with your current one before updating
You can download it below, and as always Update as your own risk

Have fun with this new updates

Kri
Could you please clarify what do you mean with the comment “Idrive Support for Apple Carplay / Android Auto with Autokit Adapter” and the comment for idrive support?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 05:49 PM   #1990
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes i know that, my car also has it, but my Diversity module is without DAB
So i would need a different Diversity module, and the DAB-Amplifier and they are expensive.

have you retrofitted the Diversity/AMP , or have you connected the USB Dongle directly to the Antenna ?

Kri
Yes, I bought the original DAB amp like this used from eBay, actually from Germany, for €35. Easy job if the cable to this is already fitted to the window, all you need then in addition is a 5-6m antenna cable. Works perfect.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 05:07 AM   #1991
Papisurf
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Good, I have updated to 3.8 and I have changed the language to Spanish, when I restart the radio it returns to English, can anyone help me? thanks and regards.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 05:33 AM   #1992
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas_GR View Post
Could you please clarify what do you mean with the comment “Idrive Support for Apple Carplay / Android Auto with Autokit Adapter” and the comment for idrive support?
That means that when you have also an Carplay/AA Adapter for your unit, you can now control the display also with the Idrive controller of your factory navigation system.
Before update 3.8.0 this was not possible on SD625 Units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papisurf View Post
Good, I have updated to 3.8 and I have changed the language to Spanish, when I restart the radio it returns to English, can anyone help me? thanks and regards.

Have you peformed a reboot (Factory Settings - Profile) after that ?
I just tried it out, spanish does stay at my unit after reboot.
Maybe a Factory Reset installation will help (all Software/Data will be wiped!)

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 06:24 AM   #1993
copeal
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Hello, maybe you have the OEM folder in the SD or USB and the device imports settings every start.

Best regards,
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 07:51 AM   #1994
kostas_GR
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeal View Post
Hello, i am happy with the new update but i have a problem about mic sound in CarPlay. When i speak through CarPlay, my sound (mic) is distorted and when i speak through BT app the sound is good. My CarPlay is Carlinkit (wifi).

This issue is not nice, i need change output in my iPhone, between BT and CarPlay during the call. it seems a problem of noise in the voltage supply but i have the filter and the sound in others apps is perfect.

Best regards,
I have the same issue. Whenever I use carplay, the android screen is using the microphone embedded in the screen for the phone calls and not the OEM microphone of the car. This is the reason for the bad audio quality and also for the echo that the other party may hear.

The same happens when I am using the bluetooth of the android environment (not the OEM bluetooth).

This is indeed a big issue and it makes carplay dongles useless.

Did anyone manage to use the OEM mic with the android screen?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 08:17 AM   #1995
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I was working on a solution to this problem. Initial idea was to split OEM mic signal at quadlock connector and solder pair of wires in place of android unit's mic. However I never got to measure mic's voltage on Android side. OEM is constant 3.6V. However when I thought some more about this I came to a conclusion that splitting mic signal across two voltage sources is not a good idea. In all fairness I've never seen a microphone powered/connected to two different devices. For that to work I would have to put together a mechanical switch to redirect mic either OEM side or Android. But I cannot do that yet as I still need to measure voltage on Android unit. It might not be possible at all.

Other solution would be to replace built in mic with something better, but again to suggest a suitable part I need to measure voltage on Android.

As for software solutions, there are none at the moment. I think the main problem is that the OEM mic is constantly powered while mic in our units only when needed... I think.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #1996
Svenson
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

If I read along here, the wishes get out of hand.
Not everything you want is technically solvable.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 09:55 AM   #1997
copeal
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Hello, I am thinking to change CarPlay model, some dongles have mic and they don’t need Android Mic. It’s curious, if I use BT Android, the mic sound is clear. I have a wired mic and I think that in the two cases the unit uses this mic. Maybe the problem is when the Android unit sends sound to CarPlay dongle during the call.

I would like use only CarPlay (WiFi) and BT Android in off status.

Best Regards.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 09:56 AM   #1998
Papisurf
Rep

[QUOTE=Kri;25673026]That means that when you have also an Carplay/AA Adapter for your unit, you can now control the display also with the Idrive controller of your factory navigation system.
Before update 3.8.0 this was not possible on SD625 Units.

Have you peformed a reboot (Factory Settings - Profile) after that ?
I just tried it out, spanish does stay at my unit after reboot.
Maybe a Factory Reset installation will help (all Software/Data will be wiped!)

After factory reset I have installed and everything working, thanks

Last edited by Papisurf; 01-12-2020 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 02:54 PM   #1999
akirax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
I think that you've the factory xml in the oem folder and always load the file and change the language. You need to move out the oem folder this file.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 03:36 PM   #2000
Papisurf
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirax View Post
I think that you've the factory xml in the oem folder and always load the file and change the language. You need to move out the oem folder this file.

Cheers
this is.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 03:42 PM   #2001
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
@1 , thats rather difficult because you can`t stop the HU also switching the source when you have a factory navigation system.
you would need to add Aux Auto switching to switch instantly back, which is not a so nice behaviour.
I don't quite understand why this is difficult for CD/Media and Radio buttons, since they managed to re-program the other five iDrive buttons. I think the Chinese just left out CD and Radio because the Android units don't have CD and radio. Perhaps you had in mind a solution we could come up with, that would be difficult, yes. We just need to convince the Chinese engineers how brilliant it would be to link Radio to a DAB app and CD/Media to a music app, all user selectable, of cource.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 05:16 PM   #2002
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I concluded that we have two options for using the oem mic:

1. This mic has electronics (for active noise cancelling) which needs to be powered. Someone did this years ago, but the needed pictures is now lacking from the DIY, but discussion can be found here.

2. Modify the mic to disable active noise cancelling, then it can be just plugged in and used as an ordinary mic. I'm considering doing this now. Instructions can be found here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
For that to work I would have to put together a mechanical switch to redirect mic either OEM side or Android. But I cannot do that yet as I still need to measure voltage on Android unit. It might not be possible at all.
The oem mic won't work without the right power, I tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeal View Post
It’s curious, if I use BT Android, the mic sound is clear. I have a wired mic and I think that in the two cases the unit uses this mic.
Is this the oem mic, or if not, what mic is it / where did you buy it?
Appreciate 0